Umma

Will We Ever Return (HIATUS)

 

   Jaejoong had asked their manager to prepare the car, which their manager didn’t question. Knowing the eldest member, he’s someone hard to say no to once he’s set his eyes on something, especially if that something is related to the other four members.

   The three members were then outside their dorm building and were waiting by the steps when then a fan had suddenly shouted “JYJ!” and then coincidentally, a member of the press was there. Great. Jaejoong thought, taking the case of his sunglasses from his bag and putting it on.

   “Why’s the manager so slow?” Junsu complained, making Jaejoong sigh. “Junsu ah, be patient.” Yoochun had said placing on his sunglasses as well. The eldest member turned to their middle member and smiled, mouthing a ‘thank you’. The younger man responded with a smile as well.

   A microphone was suddenly shoved towards Jaejoong. “What are your thoughts with the current situation of your former group members?”

   Former? “They’re still my fellow members up to now.” Jaejoong answered curtly, not wanting to face the press now. What was taking the manager so long? “We may have left the company,” he continued, looking at the person holding the microphone. “but we most certainly have not left the members and the group.”

   Interviewers holding onto cameras and microphones had gathered around Jaejoong, who tried to block his dongsaengs from them. “Do you think Dong Bang Shin Ki would now fade with the leader being under the state of coma and the maknae turning into a child once again?”

   “Yunho would certainly come back to us, as well as Changmin,” he answered angrily, seeing their car from the corner of his eye. He turned his head a bit and gestured for Yoochun to come closer, who then offered his ear. “The car’s here,” he whispered and Yoochun nodded. Grabbing Junsu’s hand, the middle member then pulled Junsu and ran to the car while Jaejoong distracted them. However, some of them still noticed the two who ran and chased after them. It was a good thing that both of them were runners, Jaejoong smiled to himself as he watched a few reporters chase after the, but failed immediately since before the reporters could even open their mouths for questions, Yoochun and Junsu were already inside the car.

   He heard the reporters swear all of a sudden and blinked at them. Is this how they react when their plans don’t go their ways?

   A microphone was pushed towards him again and he had to pull his face back a bit in order for the microphone not to hit his face. “What was your reaction when you saw U-know Yunho ssi’s accident?” a reporter had asked, and this time, Jaejoong couldn’t even open his mouth. What did I think? He also asked himself. What did I think when I watched Yunho’s fall?

   You were scared of losing him. Something had replied from the back of his mind. Of course he was scared of losing him…both of them actually.

   You feel something deeper for Yunho than for Changmin, Jaejoong. Okay, Jaejoong was surprised that his mind was answering him. Conscience, actually. The back of his mind had answered again, making Jaejoong frown. Okay, enough. He told his ‘conscience’ and then turned his head a bit to look at the reporters. It was good he was wearing sunglasses, he thought, since the earlier question had caught him off guard, and up to now, he still has no answer. “Many people loved you two back then, Jaejoong ssi,” the reporter suddenly continued. “both as an individual, and as a stage couple.”

   “Yunjae was a very famous pairing when you were still in Dong Bang Shin Ki, even up to now, despite the fact that you and U-know Yunho ssi are separated, you two are still considered as the best on stage lovers.” Another reporter stated, and Jaejoong blinked at the facts. Why were they telling him this? Of course he knew how famous they were. Yunjae was one of the few things that helped them being number one, their songs, dance moves, friendship, bonds, and Yunjae to name some of them.

   “So what did you think when you watched your stage lover’s accident?” a reporter from the back said.

   Jaejoong’s lip twitched. Lovers… There was a time that Jaejoong didn’t like how the fans and press called his relationship with Yunho as ‘Stage Lovers’ and wanted it to be called as ‘Real Lovers.’ Jaejoong was aware of his feelings for Yunho, but he decided to distance himself from the leader. When the lawsuit happened and he, along with Yoochun and Junsu were separated from Yunho and Changmin, relief actually washed over Jaejoong’s mind. He was finally free from his suffering of hiding his feelings from Yunho.

   He had constantly avoided Yunho before they had finalized their case against SM, and he did his best to keep away from Yunho. Their leader was a very sharp man. He really was their leader. Yunho could easily read their moods and their feelings and would constantly ask about it and wonder if he was able to help them, and he always found ways to help them. Their problems would immediately be solved if the members would go to their leader. However, the problem Jaejoong had been something even Yunho couldn’t help with, unless he had the same feelings as well, which Jaejoong found impossible. Before, when they used to go to variety shows, the MC would usually ask about their ideal women. Yunho would always smile with those questions and answer that his ideal woman would be Jun Ji Hyun or Hwangbo. Jaejoong would laugh along with the others but deep inside he was hurting. There was even a point that Jaejoong despised being born a guy, since being a guy means that he couldn’t really hold Yunho’s feelings, since Yunho was straight.

   Jaejoong had suddenly remembered his answer to those questions, and he had always answered one thing. “Someone with pretty hands.” And Yunho belonged to that category. He really had pretty hands and Jaejoong would always try to touch his hands whenever they were doing their fan service on stage. His hands were big and warm, yet they were elegant and beautiful. Jaejoong envied his hands. They were the hands that would usually touch girls.

   “…”

   “Hyung!” he snapped out of his own world and turned to who called out his name. He nodded towards Yoochun and then looked back at the reporters, pushing what he had thought earlier to the middle of nowhere inside his brain. “I was scared, of course.” He answered hurriedly. “And now if you will excuse me.” He walked back a few steps and side stepped a few reporters and scurried down the steps to the car that had its door opened.

   He heard scurrying from behind, and it made him sigh inwardly. Why won’t this guys just give up already?

   “Are the three of you planning to visit U-know Yunho ssi and Max Changmin ssi?” a reporter asked when Jaejoong sat down on the car. A reporter had held his door open so that it wouldn’t be closed, and Jaejoong was getting pissed with this.

   He looked up at them and glared at each one of them. “What are you guys, my mother?” Jaejoong then slapped the hand that held the door away and then pulled the door close. “Let’s go.”

   He told their manager, who pressed on the accelerator finally getting their car to move.

   The car was silent for a bit. Of course, since it’s been more than two years since they last saw each other. Jaejoong knew they would meet someday…but not under this circumstance. Yunho was comatose for a week now while Changmin’s whacked.

   Ummma! He could still hear what Changmin called him from the television.

   However, Jaejoong knew that that wasn’t the push that made him get up from their living room chair and stand up. It was what Onew had said to him. Jaejoong never really expected the younger man to say that to him. For that one year that he got to know SHINee and its members, he got really close to some members, especially their youngest, Taemin, who was said to look a lot like him. Fans actually made a family tree between Dong Bang Shin Ki and SHINee before, and the main top most was still Yunho and him. Yunho being the father and him being the mother, while Taemin was their son-slash-daughter.

   Jaejoong was thought of as a girl whenever it was their vacation since he looked really feminine, especially beside Yunho, who was very masculine, and many people had said that Taemin had gotten his face and Yunho’s dancing skills, since the youngest member of SHINee was their main dancer.

   The two groups would laugh at how the fans often see them, but Jaejoong never really found time to hang out with the young Onew. He was often busy , since he was their leader, and the member that was close to him was Changmin and Yunho. Changmin since they were close in age, despite having that two year gap, and Yunho, since they were both leaders of a five member group.

   It was still quiet in the car when Jaejoong came back to his senses. Tension was radiating from behind and the front. I exuded tension in front. Jaejoong thought while the other two members radiated the rest, but Junsu exuded most of it.

   Despite the close connection between Yunho and Jaejoong, there was still Junsu and Yunho. Yunho was as important to both Yoochun and Junsu, however, Yunho had a very big and special place inside Junsu’s heart. Yunho was a father, a brother, and a friend to Junsu. Even though Changmin was the youngest in their group, Junsu was also spoiled and was often spoiled by Yunho, and Junsu loved the older man for that. After Yunho, Junsu was the best dancer. Their leader was often seen in the practice room dancing for over four hours, and then two more hours for the steps that their songs had. Junsu really looked up to Yunho, even when they were trainees. Setting aside the fact that Junsu was an older trainee, Yunho was really someone to look up to.

   When they were still together, the group would often watch interviews of younger groups. All of them contained this question ‘Among the older groups that debuted, who do you look up to?’ Most groups would say H.O.T, S.E.S, G.O.D, Baby V.O.X, Super Junior, and DBSK. DBSK was often the candidate for groups that current groups look up to. The hosts would even ask who do they look up to in DBSK, and majority would be Yunho. Their leader would either stare in disbelief or laugh after hearing that he was the one they looked up to, and he would always look forward to the ‘why’ to the question. Their answers would be ‘He’s a great leader’, ‘Yunho sunbaenim is a great dancer and I really want to be like him’, ‘he’s very manly, but even if he does look scary in the outside, he’s really very kind and gentle’, ‘he really understands s and their mood swings with just a small glance at s’, and ‘because he’s the god among the five gods in Dong Bang Shin Ki.’

   The last one would really make him laugh. “Wae? That’s such an honour, but that’s a very high position.” He would exclaim, and we’d laugh at his reaction, and Junsu would always agree. ‘They’re right though, hyung.’ He would say. ‘There would be no Rising Gods of the East (Dong Bang Shin Ki) if there was no god that led them.’

   Yunho would smile at this and smile at the youngest ’86 liner in Dong Bang Shin Ki. “Thank you, Junsu ah.” He would answer.

   “We’re almost there.” Their manager said, and all of them suddenly looked up from where their gazes were earlier.

   “Hyung…” Junsu muttered from under his breath. The two older members turned to him slightly, but he didn’t seem to notice, since his thoughts were obviously on the person who practically raised him in their group.

   They were nearing the hospital. “Almost there, people.” Yoochun broke the silence in the car, and Jaejoong answered with a nod.

   Not that long later, their car was parked in front of the hospital.

   Nobody moved, until Junsu suddenly opened his door and stepped out. “Yah, nothing’s going to happen if we just sit here and do nothing.” The other two looked at their younger member and then looked at each other and nodded, and after that opened their door, stepped out and closed it. All three of them were looking at the hospital, nervous.

   “Jaejoong ah,” he heard their manager called out to him and he turned to see that the window was rolled down. “Call me when you’re done.” Jaejoong nodded, and with that their manager drove away.

   The three of them were now left on their own, but as the eldest, Jaejoong knew he still had his responsibilities. He turned to Yoochun and Junsu, who had ‘nervous’ written all over their face. He chuckled a bit and placed a hand on each of their shoulders. “Relax guys, we’re not here to see the devil.” He smiled, and he felt the tension disappear from their shoulders. “We’re here to see Changmin ah and Yunho.” He looked at Junsu with a certain look he didn’t even understand. “Alright?” Junsu understood the look though and nodded.

   Yoochun had perched his sunglasses on his hair while Jaejoong still kept his on, scared of making eye contact with the people he was close with…and left.

   He breathed in and breathed out, trying to calm himself down. Calm down, Kim Jaejoong. Calm down. He repeated it like a mantra and then looked at the entrance again. “Okay…” he paused a bit. “We’re going in.”

   Jaejoong didn’t know when he did it, but he had started, since he noticed that the door was getting closer.

   They were now climbing up the steps and then entered the door.

   He could feel the tension from the two but he dismissed it and proceeded to the receptionist. “May I know which floor Jung Yunho is in?” he asked the receptionist, who looked up from what she was doing and then gaped. “He…he’s in the fourth floor.” Jaejoong smiled. “Thank you.” He then looked at the two and nodded. They headed for the elevator that just opened and pressed the number ‘4’ for the fourth floor.

   “You guys ready?” Jaejoong heard himself ask the other two, and they muttered a “Yes hyung.”

   Jaejoong watched the indicator that said they were now on the third floor. He was breathing uneasily, but he tried to keep it down, since he didn’t want the younger members to panic because he was.

   The indicator told them that they were now on the fourth floor and boy, were they surprised when the door opened. The fourth floor was crowded like…hell.

   The three blinked at the people and saw that some of them were familiar. Big Bang’s G-Dragon and Seungri were here, as well as 2PM’s Nickhun and Junho, also SS501’s Kyujong. Jaejoong wasn’t surprised to see that TOP and Hyunjoong weren’t here. The two had connections to Jaejoong, and they might get a different treatment, so it was obvious why they didn’t come.

   Those were the only people that weren’t from the same company that visited the members. The rest of the people were all from SM. All five members of SHINee were here, as well as the nine members of SNSD, and then there’s the rookie group of SM, all twelve members of EXO, and then there’s the group Jaejoong didn’t know much about, F(x). Then a few members of Super Junior.

   Jaejoong was surprised that Leeteuk was here. Super Junior’s leader was really busy nowadays with his schedule. He had seen the schedule of the older man and was surprised that his body could withstand that much stress. It was great that Leeteuk hyung could find time to be with Yunho, Jaejoong thought. Donghae was also here, he noticed when he looked at the person beside Leeteuk. But said man seems to be sleeping because Jaejoong saw him unmoving and eyes closed.

   Yunho and the younger man were really close. It all began when they were trainees. Even when they were placed in different groups, the two would still find ways to talk to each other. Siwon was standing behind Leeteuk. SM had already acknowledged the two as a couple, and they gained more fans when they had told through a show that they were in love with each other. Kyuhyun was also here.

   The maknaes of Super Junior and Dong Bang Shin Ki were best friends, so it wasn’t surprising to see the youngest of Super Junior here.

   Jaejoong was smiled, really happy that there were these many people that support Yunho and Changmin for them.

   “Umma!” Jaejoong looked at the middle of the crowd to see a Changmin who was looking at him with his mouth open. Oh .

   Jaejoong’s fears and nervousness exploded into one when he saw that everyone on the floor were staring at the three who just came.

   Oh . 

♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦

A.N: Okay, thank you very much for the subscribers and comments, I`m getting motivated in writing, so here`s chapter 3. This story will be updated every 2 days, so please look forward to it, once again, thank you for all the support.