CHAPTER 1: Jessica Jung

OPEN ARMS

 

 

10 YEARS LATER …

 

A seventeen year old Jessica feels the breeze of the fresh air . A beautiful month of June. She’s heading to tiffany’s house. Her very best friend. It’s been ten years since she met her. She valued tiffany more than anyone in this world. Tiffany helps her in many ways. Even her family helps her.

When her father died in jail, tiffany didn’t leave her side. She loves her father so much.

Tiffany and her family help her and her mom. They gave her mom a stable work on their company, and they also grant her a full scholarship until she graduated from college. She was blessed that she meets tiffany.  Tiffany always acts as if she’s the oldest. She’s very spoiled to her. And the only thing that she can do to her friend is to protect her in any ways.

She pressed the door bell and the maid let her in. “where’s tiffany?” she asked to the maid.

“Let me call her. Wait a second.” The maid said and leaves.

Jessica looks to the beautiful mansion where her friend lives. The house is surely beautiful and elegant. On the second thought, she felt insecurities to her friend. She had all the things that every girl wanted to have. Perfect family, luxurious cars, expensive jewelries, branded clothes, shoes and bag. She had all those things.  While her, she only had a small condominium which tiffany’s family gave to her. Cheap clothes, shoes and bags. When she compared to her friend, she looks so messed. She had no right to be with her. She knew from herself that she’s poor. And she accepted it.

Sometimes, tiffany trying to give her branded clothes, but whatever explanation she said that she can’t accept those, tiffany will make tantrums. So she had no choice but to accept it. Sometimes she wears those clothes when she’s going to school. She’s studying on the same University where tiffany is studying. And the entire student there is rich. She’s the only commoner on there.

She smiled when she saw her friend walking at her. Tiffany throws herself to Jessica’s arms. “Jesse! I miss you!” tiffany said.

Jessica giggled. Tiffany is surely a childish one. And she loved that part of her. She held tiffany’s shoulder to face her. “I told you, you don’t need to have that stupid part time job!” Tiffany yelled.

Jessica crossed her arms to her chest. “And why? My princess?” Jessica asked.

Tiffany raised an eyebrow. She doesn’t want someone or somebody called her princess. It makes her shiver. “Stop calling me princess! It’s disgusting. Anyway, please, quit that work of yours!” tiffany said. She tantrums again like a crybaby.

“Tiffany, you know that I can’t do that, I don’t want to be a burden to you nor to you family, at least I wanted to help myself by doing this job. And Besides, I’m doing this because it is for my allowance. Your mom and your dad gave me but that’s not enough for our daily living. I can’t sit and feel like a princess which I’m not.” Jessica said to her friend.

Tiffany pouted. “but-“

“No but tiffany. This time I am the one who will decide for me.” Jessica said.

Tiffany sighs and nodded. “Fine.”

She hugged her friend, even though that Tiffany is very innocent, deep inside; she knew that her friend is only concerned towards her. “Thank you.”

“Let’s go to school together okay?” tiffany said.

“Sure”