PROLOGUE: Young hearts

OPEN ARMS

 

Tiffany runs freely on the outside of their house, while her nanny was busily chasing after her. At the age of seven, there are only a few memories that she knew that she played outside. Her mom didn’t allow her to play or even met up new friends. Her mom says, strangers are the most dangerous enemies, so she better avoid them. But for her, she loved the idea to meet up new people; strangers might be the one who will be her friends of course at the first thought. The first level of being friends is being strangers first. So she knew the idea was great, indeed.

“Tiffany, don’t run please, your mom were going to scold me if she knew that I let you run.” Her nanny, Mrs. Kim said to her.

She pouted. They always treat her like a princess or a crybaby. “Mrs. Kim, I’m not a baby anymore! So please, allow m to play and meet up new friends. Let me do what I wanted even just for a while.” Tiffany begged.

Mrs. Kim looks at her and sighs deeply. “Okay, okay. But after this you’re going to do your homework. Got it?” she said.

Tiffany innocently nodded her head. “Yes I do!!” she says and run again. She runs happily with a true laughter coming from her. She felt so free.  For the least time, she felt so free.

“Get off me!” she heard someone yelled. She tried to find where that yell came from. And then she saw a bunch of children bullying a cute little blond girl. She looks so messed. Her face is now coated from the tears that continuously run down on her puffy cheeks. She looks so pitiful and helpless.

“You’re not deserved on this village, you’re poor and your father is in jail. You’re a daughter of a criminal.” A boy said to the girl.

“No, he wasn’t. He was the good person and a father in the whole world.” The girl said between her tears. She tried to wipe her tears but it’s no use. Her tears run like a dam on her eyes. Her hair is also messed. The girl tried to stand up but a brown colored girl push her down. Tiffany can’t resist on what she seeing. She walks towards to bunch of children and tried to help the girl.

“Hey, stop that!” tiffany said to the children.

All of them look on her with a questionable look. But she bravely looks them back.

“Who are you?” a girl asked her.

“Tiffany.” She answered.  They all walked to her direction. She felt nervous. What if they kicked her or something? They were five and she’s only with herself.

All of a sudden, the girl with a blond hair pulled her out of that placed. They run as fast as they could. The children were chasing after them. Tiffany looks to the girl who’s holding her hands. Her hands are so warm and very soft to touch.  She imagined that the girl with a beautiful blond hr was her older sister that tries to protect her to those bad kids.

And then, tiffany saw Mrs. Kim and her driver. “Let’s go to that car.” She pointed to the black Volvo that was parked on the next block.

“Mrs. Kim! They were chasing after us.” She said to her nanny. Her nanny looked terrified as she saw those bad kids chasing after them. “Yah! Myugsoo, shoo those kids away from our tiffany.” Mrs. Kim said to their driver.

Her driver said to those kids to stop chasing after them. “Ms. Tiffany. Are you alright? Is there something bad that those kids done to you? I told you not to get that far! If your mom knows about this, I’m sure she’ll-“

“Nanny, I’m fine. There’s nothing wrong with me, stop for being an over acting. Besides, this girl besides me doesn’t feel that well.” She said.

She looked to the girl. She looks so shy. “What was your name?” tiffany asked.

The girl looked to them but she immediately look to the ground. “Jessica” the girl said.

 Tiffany held Jessica’s hand. “Do you want some ice cream?” tiffany offered. The girl nodded. “Mrs. Kim, let’s go to the nearest ice cream parlor!”

They entered to the car and went to the ice cream parlor. “Hey, you don’t need to be shy on me.” Tiffany said with a smile.

Jessica looked at her and smiled also. Jessica is very pretty when she smiles. She looks so charming.

After a minute, they finally arrived to the ice cream parlor. Tiffany ordered a strawberry ice cream while Vanilla is for Jessica. When they eating the ice cream, tiffany had a chance to talk to Jessica. She found out that her father is on jail. But Jessica said that her father is really a good person, her father accurate a wrong statements, that’s why he ended up to jail. Jessica and her mom were very devastated on what happened. They now experience a poor living.

From her private school, Jessica transferred to the public school, and she hated it. Tiffany felt Jessica’s sadness. But she coped her as long as she could.

Tiffany offered her hands to Jessica. The other girl looks so confused. “Jessica, can you be my friend?” Tiffany asked her.

Jessica wanted to accept tiffany’s invitation but there’s something that bothering her. “Tiffany, I love to be your friend, but the thing is. I’m poor and nonetheless, while you; you were rich, pretty and live like a princess.” Jessica said to her.

Tiffany almost cried when she heard those words came from Jessica. All the people she wanted to be with always saying those lines. And she felt very bad on the thought. “Jessica, I’m also a human, and a human needs a friend. I don’t care if you are poor or whatsoever. Please let me be your friend.” Tiffany cried.

Jessica looks in horror when she saw Tiffany cried in front of her. She can see on how she’s desperate to have a friend. Even though tiffany is rich, Jessica felt to this young girl a pity. And she hates the Idea to dump some like her. specially tiffany.

Jessica held her shoulder and wipe off tiffany’s tears. “Don’t cry tiffany, it doesn’t suit you. Okay, from now on let’s be friends. I also loved you to become my friend. Can I tiffany?” Jessica said.

Tiffany smiled and hugged Jessica. “Of course you can!” tiffany said happily to her new friend

And the two young girls with a two innocent heart enjoys the moment that they met and delighted the new feelings that they felt.