CHAPTER 6: Taking Chances

OPEN ARMS

 

Jessica heard some whispers from her classmates. On the way they looked at her, she knew that she was the one that they talking about.  Many people especially girls called her a trying hard one and a social climber chick. Many thoughts that she’s only using tiffany to get what she really wanted. But they don’t know but nothing. They don’t know how much she treasured tiffany in her heart.

She ignored all the things she heard. All she wanted to do is to have some snacks with tiffany like the old time. But on her horror, she saw Luhan, once again. Many girls at the corridor yelled because they saw him. They were act over acting toward him. Luhan is neither an actor nor a singer on a television. He was also a student like them.

Luhan gave her a smile but Jessica rolled her eyes on him. She doesn’t want to act rude on him, she just doesn’t want to entertain him or show some interest. Jessica found Luhan nice and gentle, but she don’t want the romantic things that Luhan doing on her.

Luhan pouted. He looks so cute! Lovely sheep! She felt her heart race again. “Why are you so cold on me?” he said.

She breathe deeply, she look on his copper black eyes that shinning on her. His eyes were very beautiful. It looks like a deer’s eyes. It’s like his eyes saying that she was the most beautiful girl on his eyes.

She quickly looked at the other direction to avoid his eyes. She heard him laugh.

“Why are you laughing?” she asked.

“Many girls do that way towards me. They can’t resist staring on my eyes because they found them very attractive. On the way you acted, I found that-“ he moves closer to her. “You’re attracted on me.” He whispers.

Jessica widened her eyes. She felt her cheeks get hot and she was sure that her face is now red as a tomato.

“W-What are you talking about?! Stop saying no sense.”  She said.

“If you want me to make some sense then go out with me Jessica.”

“Hell no!” Jessica yelled.

“Why?” he asked.

“It’s because-“

“Your friend likes me?” he said.

“How did you know that?!”

Luhan shrugged his shoulder. “I just know. Don’t worry. I’ll act like I don’t know that she likes me, she may feel awkward towards me. And if you agree to go out with me. I’ll befriend her.” Luhan said.

“You’re going to befriend her and then what you’re going to dump her?” Jessica asked. She felt her blood boiled to the max point. What is he trying to say about?

“Hey, hey. Calm down. It’s not what you think. I’ll going to befriend her because I know she had a least number of friends or should I say that you are her only friend. Well, it’s not only me. I’m sure the whole EXO would love to. Especially Sehun.” Luhan explained.

She raised an eye brow to him. He was right. He can help tiffany to catch up some friends. Besides, she also wanted to see her friend to be happy on her college life.

“Okay, if it was for my tiffany then I’ll go with you. But don’t ever considered this a date. I’m going to eat a lunch with you. That’s all.” She said.

Luhan smiled at her. “Yes ma’am.”

 

 

 

“Hey Taeyeon, would you want to eat some snacks with me?” tiffany asked her.

Taeyeon widened her eyes. “You want me to eat with you?” she asked.

She nodded. “Yeah?”

She stood up and holds her hands. “Oh, I would love to!” Taeyeon said.

Tiffany smiled. She was so excited to introduce Taeyeon to Jessica. She’s sure that Jessica will be proud on her because she gains a new friend in the first day of school.

 

When they on the corridor, Tiffany saw Sehun. She wonders what he is doing on their building. As far as she knew, Sehun takes Engineering.

But when they saw him, he looked tense or something? It’s like he saw a ghost.

She pulled Taeyeon next to him. “What are you doing here?” she asked.

Sehun felt his sweat gets cold and he can’t breathe properly. What the heck is happening to him? It’s not that this is the first time he ever talked to tiffany.

“A-ahm Luhan and Jessica are together. Luhan wants me to go after you.” Sehun nervously said.

Sehun noticed how tiffany got hurt. He simply hides the feeling he had  that time. He felt like he’s hurting triple than tiffany. It was very painful to see the girl you liked suffered because the one she likes is dating right now her best friend.

“I- is that t- true?” she stuttered.

Tiffany force to smile. She gave her very best to show to Sehun that she was all right. But whenever she tried, the more she gets hurt. “That’s great then! By the way Taeyeon, Is it fine with you to have some snacks with Sehunnie?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon.

She widened her eyes. “Oh my gosh! Of course it was absolutely fine with me!” she excitedly said.

“So, shall we?” Sehun said.

Tiffany smiled. She will never ever show that she was hurting right now. That’s why she does her best to act normal. She didn’t get troubled with those two people she’s with right now. Taeyeon is very jolly. She entertained her for the whole time. And she felt happy and at ease whenever she’s around. And Sehun, well he’s kind of snob but he was good.

“Oh my bad! I need to go. I’m sorry tiffany but I need to go. I promise next time I’ll treat you something nice.” Taeyeon said.

Tiffany smiled at her. “No, it’s fine. You better go. Besides I’m with Sehun so it’s fine.” Tiffany said.

Sehun got more nervous on the fact that they left them together. He liked it somehow but it gave him a Goosebumps.

After she bid a goodbye, the atmosphere becomes awkward. No one tries to say a word between them.

“Well Sehunnie.” Tiffany said.

Sehun got confused. Why it is tiffany keeps calling him Sehunnie?

“Why are you calling me on that pet name?” Sehun asked her.

Tiffany shrugged her shoulder. “Well, I found it cute. Sehunnie~” she said while she sang the pet name she mentioned on him.

Sehun blushed and laugh a bit. Tiffany is very jolly and funny person. He was comfortable while talking on her.

 

They talked about their selves. They laugh, smiled while they were talking. Sehun doesn’t care about anyone on the cafeteria. Tiffany had all his attention.

“Well ahm, do you have someone you liked Sehunnie?” Tiffany asked.

Sehun almost jump on his chair. He never expected tiffany would ask that question.

“A-ahm, well  ... I don’t know.” Sehun stuttered.

Tiffany raised an eyebrow. She was really curious if Sehun already liked someone. On his cold personality, all people may think that he also had a cold heart. But tiffany doesn’t think that way. She knew that Sehun also had a heart and had feelings like the other. “I don’t believe on you. I’m sure you had someone on your heart already.”  Tiffany said.

“Yes, you are the one that I liked.  Since we were kids.”  Sehun said to his mind. He doesn’t have guts to say those words on her. This is not the right time for him to confess his feelings.

“Yes I do like someone.” He said while starring at her eyes directly. He meant it just for her.

Tiffany smiled. She knew it. Sehun isn’t that bad or arrogant. If he was a cold hearted person. He doesn’t care or appreciate a woman. But he does. He appreciates them. Tiffany adores him on that side of his. He was absolutely a hopeless romantic person.

“You’re so cute you know that. The girl that you liked is very lucky that she capture your attention. She must be proud of it.” Tiffany said.

“Yeah, you are lucky.” He thoughts.

Suddenly, the bell rang. It signs that the break is over.

“Oh my bad! The break is over. By the way Sehunnie, I enjoy talking to you.” Tiffany said.

Sehun blushed when he saw Tiffany’s eye smile. Her smile is always amazed him. Her eyes are like a star that twinkling on him.

“Me too. My princess.” Sehun said with a smile.

Tiffany pouted. “Don’t call me princess. It gives me Goosebumps you know.” She said.

Sehun laughed. He knows how she hates that someone called her princess.

“You called me Sehunnie so I better called you princess.” He added.

“Okay fine, I’ll give you an exception.  From now on, you are the only one who can call me princess. But let me call you Sehunnie.” Tiffany said.

“Okay.” He agreed. Sehun likes the idea that tiffany gave him an exception. No one dared to call her that name because she really hates it. But now, he had a right. Because she let him called her princess. She really is a princess to him.

“That settled. Let’s go back to our rooms.” She said.

“You won’t wait for Jessica?” Sehun asked.

Tiffany shook her head. “Nah! Let she be.” Tiffany said. She gave him a force smile. She wants to move on and accept the fact that Luhan liked her best friend. But whatever she may do. The pain is always on there. And the envious also killed her. She doesn’t want to be greedy. She wants to forget the feeling that she had right now.