The Music is Intoxicating

Room 407

 

YIXING’S POV

                I talked to her. I can’t believe I talked to her, and she talked back, and it was a little awkward, but things had gone well. At least I talked to her. It was all I could think as I came rushing back to my classroom when the lunch break was over.

                I had felt lost when I came to Korea. I missed my home in China, where my mother and sister were always there, waiting for me when I came home from school. Now, in Korea, when I come home from school, I am only greeted by the empty place I now call home. My father had gone here on business, and we would be staying here for a while. I’m not sure why he didn’t bring my mother and sister with us, but I guess it’s because he didn’t want them to come. I came with him to take the opportunity to attend the performing arts school here. I have to admit, the school is really nice, but I would have liked it if Mother and Sister came.

                But I guess they wouldn’t know what to do here.

                While I came here for the performing arts school, they wouldn’t have anything to do here. Mother would still be staying inside just like she did in China. Sister would have to go to a new school here in Korea, and she doesn’t know how to speak Korean. It would just be a hassle for them, so I can understand why they didn’t come with us. But it still makes me a bit sad.

                I’m a bit happy now, though, since I met Subin. She seems like a nice girl.

                When I first saw her, all I could think of was how pretty she was. Her big brown eyes and her dark hair that ran down her shoulders like a waterfall… and her pretty pink lips… AH! What am I thinking?!

                She’s making me think impure things.

                Ah, get yourself together, Zhang Yixing! She’s just a girl. She’s just a…really…pretty…girl.

                I can’t wait to see her after school. Mr. Choi was nice enough to give me a key so I could play the guitar in peace. I can also sing, so I think I might sing in front of Subin-ah today. I hope she likes my singing. It would be nice if she did.

                And maybe, just maybe, if we see each other again, I can dance with her. I hope she likes dancing. It would be even better if she couldn’t dance. Then I could hold her and teach her how… Oh my gosh, I really am weird.

*    *    *    *    *

                Of course today would be the day that my few classes before the end of the day would last forever. Each minute felt like an hour, and each hour felt like an eternity. I felt like I had grown into an old man by the time the teacher let us out of the last class of the day.

                I stretched in my seat, feeling the muscles in my back ache. Maybe I really was turning into an old man. Sitting down for such a long time is not healthy. That’s why I like gym class.

                I quickly grabbed my things and rushed over to room 407. I wasn’t surprised when I walked in and she wasn’t there. I had come right after the last bell had rung, so she would probably still be putting away her books into her locker or something.

                I decided to take her absence as the opportunity to set myself up. I grabbed my guitar from the stand in the corner of the room and began to tune it. I strummed each string carefully with my thumb, turning the knobs at the end of the guitar until each string played a sound to my liking.

                With a soft smile, I ran my hand over the strings, relishing the sound that came from my fingers. It made me so happy to know that such a nice sound could come from a guy like me. I started going off into my own world as my fingers got used to the music I had gotten from Mr. Choi.

                I started to sing, too, letting my voice sing the melody of the song, the air carrying my notes from my mouth into the hallway outside. Despite the fact that I was so eager to see her just moments before, I didn’t even notice when Subin walked into the room.

                All I could focus on was my guitar and I. The guitar is really special to me. Most of my friends would actually dare to make fun of it, saying that it’s really old and run down. They always tell me that I should trash and just get a new one. But I can’t. It has sentimental value, so there’s no way I would just disregard it like that.

                The guitar belonged to my great grandfather, who then gave it to my grandfather, who then gave it to my dad. And then my dad gave it to me on my 10th birthday. I had grown up listening to my father play the guitar, but as I got older, he had less and less time to play as his business started getting more successful. I got sad when he couldn’t play for my sister and I like he used to, but my joy quickly returned when he passed down the guitar to me when I turned 10. It was the best birthday present I had ever received, and I think it always will be.

                I still hadn’t acknowledged Subin’s presence until I finished the song. Actually, I don’t think I would have noticed her even after the song until she started clapping. There was a huge grin on her face and she was staring at me like she was a proud mother.

                I should have expected her to be there, considering that the song was a good five minutes, but I was still a bit surprised to see her standing there in front of me. Everything about her was so beautiful. The way the sunlight from the window landed on her pale skin. The way her eyes crinkled as she smiled. The way she tilted her head as she stared at me. I loved every little thing that she did. I loved… her.

                When I saw her yesterday… Is that what people call love at first sight?

 

SUBIN’S POV

                I knew he could sing. Just from hearing his voice, I knew that he could sing. But I had never expected it to be so beautiful. I mean, well, his playing yesterday had been so wonderful. But I didn’t know that his playing could get any better.

                I didn’t know that perfection could get any better, but it did when I heard his playing.

                When I had walked into room 407, it was obvious that he didn’t notice me. Not that I was offended. I’m the same when I’m writing or playing the piano. I never notice anything but my piano and I. So it makes sense that he wouldn’t notice me at first. But sunbae must have been very engrossed in his music to not even notice me after the song. I don’t think he would have known I was there until I started clapping.

                He was still looking at his guitar with a dazed expression until he looked up in surprise at me. However, Yixing sunbae managed to compose his self as my clapping brought him back to Earth; back to reality. The fall into the real world is always the worst. I hate the feeling of falling in general, but when I’m writing or playing the piano, and I’m in another world, it sort of hurts to go back to where I was before.

                But he didn’t look hurt when he noticed me. He looked…happy. Or maybe even relieved. He offered me a tender smile before saying, “Hey.”

                 There was something in his eyes. There was a look in his eyes that held a hidden understanding. But I wasn’t exactly sure about the emotion he was feeling. I didn’t know that right then and there, he had fallen in love with me. But I managed to figure out that when I had looked into those earthy brown eyes, I had fallen in love with him, too.

                But of course I was too dense to notice at the time.

                “Your voice and your playing sound amazing,” I said almost breathlessly. In all honesty, I had wanted to say so much more. I had wanted to tell him that I loved the way he looked when he focused on his guitar. I had wanted to tell him that I loved the way his voice trembled when he hit the high notes with his voice. I had wanted to tell him that I loved him.

                But how random would that be? How could I just tell a person I had known for only one day that I loved him? Of course that would be way too sudden.

                If only I knew that he had wanted to do the same thing.

                We both fell into a comfortable silence. It wasn’t as awkward as it was yesterday, which I was glad for. It felt like the silence a person would have with someone they had known for years. Yet we had only known each other for a day. That made it all the more special, I think.

                However, I knew we couldn’t stay silent forever. Then things would really get awkward.

                “I really want to play that on the piano,” I told him. Most of my friends knew that I loved the piano, but I never really told them what songs I wanted to play. They just wouldn’t understand, since they weren’t even in the music division. They only attended the standard classes instead of taking the music classes as did.

                “You could ask Mr. Choi for the sheet music,” he suggested.

                I laughed at his response. I had been trying to get that song from him for years. But he didn’t know that, so of course he started to wonder if he had said something absolutely ridiculous as I started to laugh. It was ridiculous, actually. But, once again, he didn’t know that.

                “I’ve been asking him for the sheet music for such a long time already, but…” I trailed off.

                I had pulled over a chair so that we were sitting right across from each other. He leaned in closer, his face only inches away from mine. I tried hard to prevent myself from hyperventilating. His face was so, so close…

                “But? You ask him for the sheet music, but…?” he wondered.

                I moved my face a bit closer to his, taking in his scent. He smelled like shampoo and… was that thyme? He smelled so… earthy. I could see him stiffen once he realized how close we were. But he didn’t pull away. A smile tugged at my lips.

                “But he said I had to fall in love. And I am in love,” I whispered.

                He in a breath, awaiting my answer. My gentle smile turned into a mischievous one. I decided to a bit.

                “I’m in love with playing the piano,” I said simply.

                I could see him visibly deflate at my response. Regarding him with a sympathetic look, I started to feel bad. So, instead of apologizing with words, I said sorry with actions. I leaned in ever so slowly, coming in closer and closer… until our lips were a mere centimeter apart.

                His eyes widened, while mine stared into his with a deep intensity. I didn’t know that I could look into someone’s eyes so unflinchingly. I could feel his resolve slowly crumbling as he almost pulled away. But then, with a deep breath (which tickled my lips), he leaned in even closer until our lips came together.

                I closed my eyes then, trying to take everything in at once.

                Yixing was kissing me.

                I was kissing Yixing.

                I barely even know him, yet I love him.

                But does he love me? I waited for the words "I love you" to come out of his mouth, but they never came. Even when he pulled away with a small smile on his lips, he said nothing. I just sat there, my lips still tingling.

                But he didn't say anything.

 

Author's Note:

I started giggling as I wrote the little kissing scene. It was nothing gooey or anything. It was just a peck on the lips. But I tried to make it with as much emotions as possible! I mean, I'm not one to make super mushy gooey drama-ish love scenes. That's just not me. I like the ones with just the right amount of fluff and just the right amount of passion, if that makes sense. I hope you guys liked it. It's my first time writing about a kiss scene in such... detail? I don't know. I always get giggly when I write about love. Or when I just think about it. I mean, love can be so...

adorable.

Please don't be mad at me if this was bad... I'm sorry if it was. I really am.

I'm sorry for my bad romantic scenes. TToTT

oh my gosh kevin is so cute asdfklasajkllkjasdf

**I don't own the pictures**

Love you all, my readers~

       - booksrawesome99