Hands

Room 407

YIXING'S POV

 

...I did it. I DID IT! I finally told Subin how I really feel about her! Although I sort of said it on accident, since the words just slipped out, I guess... But it's a confession nonetheless! 

And we even kissed! And she kissed back, and it was oh-so-wonderful... But of course I won't tell everything in detail since it's an experience that I will hold in my heart for the rest of my life. And I guess it would be kind of weird if I told you exactly how soft her lips were... Ahem. Let's just stop talking about the kiss (well, we kissed more than once, actually) for now.

She even told me she loved me, too. I feel like I could die happy now. 

Actually, wait.

Why would I want to die when I should spend all my time with Subin?

Well, I wonder what will happen after this? I mean, we're supposed to start dating...right? I just want her to be my girlfriend. I'm pretty sure if a guy tells a girl that he loves her, and the girl loves him back, then they should start dating. I guess I'll just ask Subin about that later. We'll be meeting up at room 407 again tomorrow, since we didn't get much work done today. After all, we still have to practice for the song Mr. Choi gave us to work on. I know it's a really big deal since we'll be performing at a wedding, but I just can't focus on that! I'm still so caught up in my lovey-dovey state, even I'm a bit weirded out by myself.

I guess tomorrow will be my time to show off my strength (although I'm actually not that strong, but whatever!) to Subin. We'll be using my practice room to rehearse the song from now on, so we need to bring Subin's piano into the room. It's a good thing that she has an upright piano, so it'll be a bit more easy to get it through the door. But I see some music rooms with huge grand pianos inside. Sometimes I wonder how they manage to fit it through the door. it's not like they can build the room over the piano. 

Anyway, after waving goodbye to Subin, now I'm on my way home. I didn't take the bus home today. It will probably take a while for me to get home since I'm walking, but I don't have to worry about getting scolded or anything. My dad will probably be at work, anyway. Maybe I should call home just in case he happens to be at home, although that is highly unlikely.

I fished my cellphone out of my pocket and began dialing the home phone, but I stopped in surprise once I heard someone calling my name.

"Yixing! Yixing, wait for me!'

I turned around, only to come face to face with Subin, her (squishy) cheeks rosy from running so fast. A wool scarf was wrapped around her neck, and the bulky coat on top of her school uniform was making her look like a wrapped-up sushi roll. I wanted to giggle at her cuteness, but then that would just seem weird, so I bit my lip and tried to contain my laughter.

"Hi, Subin," I greeted once I made sure I wouldn't laugh.

"I didn't know you walked home. My house is this way, too! You want to walk together?" she asked me.

I nodded eagerly, happy that I would get to spend even more time with her.

We walked side by side, not minding the closeness. Our shoulders were touching, and our hands would occasionally brush against each other. Every time I felt her fingertips against mine (luckily she wasn't wearing mittens), we would both look at each other awkwardly and blush, then proceed to looking ahead and pretending nothing happened.

Gosh, how I wanted to hold her hand! Every time our fingers would touch, I just wanted to intertwine our hands together. The moment I saw a couple walk past us, hand in hand, my resolve broke. Maybe I could just hold her hand and make an excuse...? Would holding her hand to make sure it wouldn't get cold be a good excuse? Well, since we already have mutual feelings, then we're (probably) dating. So...there's nothing wrong with a guy holding his girlfriend's hand. That means I can hold her hand...right? And it wouldn't seem weird?

Oh, I don't care anymore! I just want to hold her hand!

Once our fingers brushed against each other for the umpteenth time, I grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers. She looked at me, blushing harder than ever, while I just smiled at her bashfully.

"There's nothing wrong with a guy holding his girlfriend's hand, right?" Shoot. Did I really just say that?

Subin turned so red I thought she was going to burst, but squeezed my hand in return.

"Y-yeah...and there's nothing wrong with a girl holding her boyfriend's hand either..." she mumbled.

And so, we walked together, hand in hand, while I swung our arms back and forth. I prayed so hard, hoping that her house was far away. Having Subin next to me, claiming that she was my girlfriend, AND holding my hand...nothing could get more perfect than this. Have I died and gone to Heaven?

I just want to spend as much time with her as possible, because every second, every minute, every day with her counts.