Fess Up and Receive Your Reward

Room 407

 

SUBIN’S POV

 

               “So…what happened between you and Yixing yesterday? Hmmmm?” Mr. Choi raised his eyebrows suggestively at me.

               I groaned. With him being so curious, there was no way for me to get out of this. I took my lunch out of my school bag, regarding my teacher cautiously. It would be close to impossible, but somehow, I had to distract him. If I changed the topic enough, then he would eventually forget about asking at all.

               It would be hard, but I had to try.

               “Well, let me eat first. I’m starving, aren’t you?” I asked him, hoping to change the topic.

               Mr. Choi’s eyes lit up. “I’m starving, too! Teaching makes me so hungry, I swear.”

               Yes! Things were looking good for me. He kept on blabbering about how teaching high school students with “raging hormones” was very exhausting. I just smiled and nodded, urging him to keep on talking. But in my head, I was praying as hard as I could for him to forget about Yixing and I or anything related to us. I wasn’t really listening to what he was saying, because I started zoning out (which is what I do for most of his classes, anyway).

               “…so I just bought some kimbap at the store like I always do,” Mr. Choi finished.

               I smiled and was about to come up with another topic when Mr. Choi stopped me. He leaned in even closer, a playful smile on his lips. Oh no. I guess I failed.

               “Seriously. Tell me what happened. Don’t forget, I was going to give you the sheet music, remember?”

               Curse Mr. Choi for bribing me with sheet music that I had been begging for. Curse him. I sighed. I guess I couldn’t keep it from him forever. I don’t really like to kiss and tell, but since he’s so persistent, then I guess I’ll have to. (Then again, that was my first kiss, so how could I tell in the first place?)

               “Well, we… I mean, I…well, he…” I didn’t know how to start.

               Aish, how was I supposed to tell him?! This was so embarrassing. I shrank in my seat, wishing I could just disappear. This was seriously the most mortifying day of my life. Sure, I was clumsy and constantly fell on my face in front of people, but this was seriously awkward and mortifying. Ugh!

               Mr. Choi started laughing his face off while I just sank lower and lower into my chair, my face turning red. He took another bite of kimbap, still giggling. I swear, he can be such a child sometimes. I bet my face was as red as a tomato now.

               However, before I could get him back with a witty retort, I saw that the door was open. Mr. Choi noticed it as well, and we both looked up to see who had visited us. After all, everyone in class usually went to the lunchroom to eat. I slowly looked up, curious.

               It was Yixing, and he was staring at us like a deer in the headlights. Had he gone into the wrong room?

               But I couldn’t worry about that. Instead, I was just worried about what I would say to him. What should I say? How should I react to him? Everything was so awkward. What should I do?! Omo!

               Yixing decided to break the awkward silence with an even more awkward greeting. Oh, dear. “Um…hi?”

               Great way to start things off, Yixing. I just hid behind Mr. Choi, not wanting to talk to him. Everything was so awkward between the both of us ever since we…um. Ever since we…ki…ki…I CAN’T SAY IT! Luckily, Mr. Choi broke the awkward silence that Yixing had made.

               “Hi, Yixing. What’s up? Did you need something?”

               Ew. Mr. Choi was spitting all over the table. I took a napkin and wiped the crumbs off of his face, trying not to let myself know that Yixing was watching.

               Hmph. I know that Yixing is the son of Mr. Choi’s best friend, but were they really that close? It made me sort of jealous that they could talk to each other so casually while we were here, in such an awkward situation that we couldn’t talk to each other at all. Hmph. I guess I had no right to be jealous, though, since it was probably my fault that things had ended up this way. After all, if I hadn’t left after he…kis…did something to me, then maybe we could have been on better terms with each other. But I was still jealous.

               “Oh, uh. I-I just… I just wanted to tell Subin that they’re selling patbingsu at the cafeteria. I was just wondering if she wanted any,” Yixing stammered. Oh, he looks so cute when he’s nervous!

               I should have said something to him, anything at all, but I was so excited that there was patbingsu! I mean, the cafeteria was selling patbingsu, of all the desserts they could sell! I was dying to eat that tasty frozen dessert. So of course, instead of talking to Yixing at all, or even thanking him for telling me, I just packed up all my belongings and dashed out the door. I was still too nervous to talk to him. I would probably just start stuttering and completely embarrass myself.

               I quickly made my way to the cafeteria. Once I saw the patbingsu stand, I completely forgot about my worries and just ran to the back of the line. I blew a raspberry and then puffed out my cheeks. Jeez! The line was interminably long! I didn’t really want to wait so long, but if it was for my beloved frozen and delicious dessert, then I would do anything.

               “Subin, HWAITING!”

 

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

 

               Once I finally received what I had been waiting for in such a long time, I happily skipped back to the classroom, shoving small bites of the delicious concoction into my mouth.

               “The line was super long, but I managed to get one of the last ones!” I squealed as I ran back to my seat…

               …Only to be faced with the handsome Yixing.

               I almost spit what I had eaten into his face in shock. Struggling not to choke, I got back to my senses and looked back up at him.

               “Oh…hello there,” I said shyly.

               He just chuckled. Oh, he’s so cute when he laughs! I started to fan girl in my head.

               “I see you guys aren’t on the best of terms right now,” Mr. Choi said from behind him.

               Leave it to my teacher to be annoyingly observant. We both fidgeted uncomfortably in our seats, staring at each other in embarrassment. Did I mention that Yixing looks absolutely adorable with red cheeks? Because he looks absolutely adorable.

               “Anyway, Subin, I told you I would give you an extra reward if you came to school on time, right?” Mr. Choi asked me.

               I nodded. “Yeah, but I –“

               He held up a hand to stop me. Yixing and I looked up at him in confusion.

               “You don’t have to tell me, because I think I already know,” he said, winking at me. My cheeks turned tomato red as I recalled yesterday’s events.

               “Know what?” Yixing asked innocently.

               Mr. Choi just waved him off, still offering suggestive looks in my direction. I groaned and sank down in my seat once again, my cheeks turning scarlet.

               “Anyway, I’ll give you the sheet music for ‘The Snow Queen’ like I promised. And the extra reward is that I booked you to play it at my friend’s wedding!”

               I jumped out of my seat in delight, excited. I always loved performing in front of audiences.

               “And guess what?” Mr. Choi squealed.

               I looked up at him in anticipation. “What? What?”

               “You get to perform it with Yiixing!”

               …

               …

               …

               I swear you could hear a cricket in the room.

               …

               “WHAT?!” we both yelled.

               How was I supposed to perform with him on stage if we were so awkward with each other?! This would be horrible! I will probably mess up in front of him! What will he think of me then?!

               I completely forgot my joy about my patbingsu and performing. Now I was just incredulous.

               “Huh…I thought you would react more positively to that…” Mr. Choi rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

               AISH!!



 

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for being such a slow updater. I know a bunch of people on AFF that update like everyday even when they have stuff to do. And yet, here I am, having nothing to do since it's summer, yet I update like every five days. I feel horrible!!! I'm so sorry, you guys. I'll try to update quicker these days. 

I guess I'll have to get in as much as possible these days, 'cause school is starting soon for me.

By the time September comes, I probably won't be able to update until every weekend. (I know, it , but my school gives us a lot of work. But I promise I'll try to update as much as possible. I'll probably be able to update a lot at the beginning of the school year, though, since they don't give us much homework at the beginning, but I can't guarantee anything. I mean, what if my teachers are EVIL?! SO... please forgive me.)

Once again, I'm really sorry for being a slow updater.

And kudos to you if you have read up until now. :D

*I don't know how this gif has to do with anything, but I like it!*

Oh yeah. So, there's this awesome author on AFF, and her name is ggomaontop. She has really good stories, and is working on some apply fics right now (which are absolutely awesome), and of all things, she's accused of PLAGIARISM!! Fudging. Plagiarism. I mean, her stories are so creative. How is that considered plagiarism?! It's not!!!!

So whoever accused her, get off of AFF. You don't deserve to read all of the wonderful stories here. Just get out. Get out. GET OUT!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAWR.

 yeah. you tell it, G-Dragon!!!

Okay, byeeee!

   - Gaby