Patbingsu, the Frozen Dessert of Distractions

Room 407

 

YIXING’S POV

 

          Was she referring to me? Did she fall in love with me the same way I fell in love with her? Does she want to be with me forever? I wouldn’t mind if I spent an eternity with her. In fact, I would love for that to happen. But how does a kiss make a pair of people stay together forever? People kiss all the time, yet they don’t see each other after that sometimes. I hope that’s not the case between Subin and me. I want to see her so badly.

          She must be referring to me when she wants to stay with me forever, since she said my name. She didn’t say my name before, but I’m guessing that she fell in love with me the moment she saw me. After all, who else could she be talking about? Unless she has a crush on someone else… NO NO NO! That would be the end of the world! I really love her. I don’t want her to love, much less LIKE someone else! I guess I’m being possessive, but I want to be the only man in her life… besides Mr. Choi, I guess. I mean, he HAS known her longer than me.

          I can’t help but feel a bit jealous, though. After all, he sees her a lot. They even talk during lunch! Since I’m in a different year than her, I can’t even see her during class! If only we had the same classes… I know I shouldn’t be feeling jealous about Mr. Choi being with Subin, but I guess I really am possessive.

          But they seem a bit too close for me… What if they’re having a forbidden student-teacher relationship?! I can’t let that happen! Sure, Subin’s only in high school, but Mr. Choi is pretty young himself. What is he, about 25 or something? That’s a difference of about 8 to 10 years, which is a lot, I know. But don’t you read all those mangas?! There are a bunch of stories of teenage girls falling in love with her young and attractive teachers!! What if Subin is one of them?! NOOOOO! I can’t let that happen. I guess I’ll have to confront Mr. Choi about it.

          It’s already my lunch period, so I’m guessing that Subin is having lunch with Mr. Choi in her classroom. I’ll have to find a way to get Subin out of the room so that I can ask Mr. Choi if he likes her or not. And if he does, then I guess I’ll have to ask if they’re dating. I just hope I don’t have to go onto the second question. I’d probably die of a heart attack if he said they were dating. Sure, I would keep the secret for them, since I would want Subin to be happy. But still… I’d die hearing it and then die all over again.

          But I shouldn’t be thinking such negative thoughts! I haven’t even asked him yet!

          I’m still a bit nervous. Subin will definitely get suspicious if I tell her to get out of the room. What should I do?

          Oh, I know! I’ll just tell her that they’re selling patbingsu today at the cafeteria! And it wouldn’t be a lie, because they are. I know how much she likes the tasty frozen dessert. I was about to walk home until I saw her happily skipping out the school gates. Me, being the curious person I am, decided to find out where she was going. After all, what if she was happy because she was going to meet up with a guy or something? And what if that guy was her BOYFRIEND?! Ugh, I don’t even want to think about it.

          So, I managed to successfully follow her. And no, I was not stalking her. I was simply following her and hiding behind lamp posts whenever she looked back.

          I was happy once I realized that she only left school to buy some patbingsu. Phew, she wasn’t there to meet up with a guy!

          And so, that’s how I realized she loved patbingsu. Considering how happy she was, I’m sure that she’ll run right out of there and try to get some patbingsu! I’m sure that the line will be really long, too, so that will give me a lot of time with Mr. Choi! That way, we can talk without Subin hearing.

          I feel really bad about talking about Subin without her knowing, but I can’t help it. I guess I’m really really overprotective. I hope she doesn’t mind. And besides, I’ll apologize to her later. Subin will definitely understand.

          Once I arrived in front of Subin’s classroom, I could feel all of my courage ebbing away. It’s like somebody was the bravery out of me. Could I really do this? I’m only going to ask Mr. Choi a few questions, but I still feel really guilty. I feel like I’m tricking Subin, even though I’m just asking a few questions. But, then again, what if I upset Mr. Choi with such personal questions? He might get offended. I wouldn’t want that to happen. I highly respect him!

          I gulped as I placed a hand on the doorknob, slowly turning it. Okay, Yixing! Just act smooth. Be calm and collected.

          There they were. They were happily chatting with each other while eating their lunches. Mr. Choi was having store-bought kimbap as usual, while Subin was eating lunch that her mother had cooked for her. Her face was as red as a tomato. Mr. Choi was laughing at her. Why was Subin embarrassed? Did he do something to make her feel that way? What if… what if he was teasing her about something in a romantic way?! NO! I can’t accept that!

          Both of them stopped what they were doing once they realized that someone else had entered the classroom. They looked up to see me, staring at them with wide eyes. Agh, this was getting really awkward! What should I say?!

          “Um…hi?” I greeted uncertainly.

          “Hi, Yixing. What’s up? Did you need something?” Mr. Choi asked, his mouth full of kimbap.

          Subin crinkled her nose in disgust as pieces of the poor food fled from his mouth while he talked. Clicking her tongue in disapproval, she grabbed a napkin and wiped the crumbs off of his face. She didn’t really greet me. I guess things were still a bit awkward between us ever since we…well, you know. KISSED.

          “Oh, uh. I-I just… I just wanted to tell Subin that they’re selling patbingsu at the cafeteria. I was just wondering if she wanted any,” I stammered. Way to go, Yixing. That sure was smooth. AISH!

          Subin’s eyes lit up in excitement once I revealed to her that her favorite dessert was on sale. She immediately packed all of her food into her bag and dashed out of the room, leaving Mr. Choi and I behind.

          “Hold on, Mr. Choi! I’ll be back soon!” she called over her shoulder as she ran off to her beloved patbingsu.

          I pouted and sat down a few chairs away from Mr. Choi with a sigh. She didn’t even say hello OR goodbye to me! Hmph.

          “I’m guessing you have something to say to me?” Mr. Choi asked with a raised eyebrow.

          My eyes fluttered in surprise. “How did you know?”

          “Well,” he began with a smirk, “if you came JUST to tell Subin that there was patbingsu, then you would have left by now, right?”

          My ears went red in embarrassment. Of course! Mr. Choi is too smart for me. Well, I guess it’s now or never. I should just ask him. Here we go, Yixing!

          “So, uh… what’s it like being a teacher?” Great. Just great. Aish, I’m so stupid! That’s not what I wanted to ask!

          Mr. Choi smirked. Why is he looking at me like he knows something? Aish, I’m going crazy!

          “You want to be a teacher? So, you came here to ask me what it was like?”

          Aish! NO! I don’t want to be a teacher. I really don’t. Why am I so stupid?!

          “Well, actually…”

          Mr. Choi put his hand up to stop me. He smiled smugly. “You want to ask about my relationship with Subin because you like her, right? Well, don’t worry. I don’t like her like that. Do you think I’m a e?”

          I shook my head furiously, my cheeks burning. I guess I was already found out.

          “And you really are protective,” he chuckled. “But really, don’t worry. I’m actually supporting you guys.”

          “Really?” I asked incredulously.

          He just laughed while shoving some more kimbap into his mouth.

          “Well, you better think of a couple name, loverboy, ‘cause I sure as hell won’t do it for you.”



 

Author's Note:

Well, this chapter is a bit short. But whatever, it's an update!! Enjoy it to your heart's content!

And also, do you guys have any ideas on what their couple name should be? 'Cause I can't think of anything at the moment. But if you guys don't comment, I'll just make one up myself. :D

Yixing + Subin = ????? I DUNNNOOOOOOOOO

Buh-bye! Actually wait. Listen to this song, I think it's pretty relaxing, actually.

CLICK HERE FOR MUSIC AWESOMENESS.

And if you don' t like it...

...

...

...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well, sorry for not having the same taste in music as you. Hmph. Who care what you think?! I like it.

      - booksrawesome99