The Pout of the Century

Room 407

Before I start anything:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, G-DRAGON!!!!!! (August 18, 1988)

(credit to ~jessy-izan from DeviantArt for the pic)

Okay, that's all. Let the story begin!


 

YIXING’S POV

 

               We’re…performing together? I don’t know if I should be happy, disappointed, or anxious. Or maybe I should feel all of these emotions at once.

                Well, first of all, I’m happy that I get to be with Subin. After all, I really like her, and performing with her would mean I would have to spend more time with her! Since the performance is soon (in a week, to be exact), we will most likely have to practice together a lot. Maybe I will get to see what her house looks like! Unless she asks to practice with me at my house. It’s not that I don’t want her to see my house; it’s jut that I’m a little nervous. What if she thinks my room is messy? I guess I’ll have to do a lot of cleaning. And don’t take it the wrong way. It’s not like I’m hiding anything bad or anything. (Well, except for that sandwich that I might have left in my room for a little too long… I’ll have to throw that out.)

               I’m a little disappointed, though. Subin looked like she really, really didn’t want to perform with me. I have to admit I’m a bit sad that she didn’t look so willing to work with me. Does she really hate me that much? Maybe I came on too strong. Ugh, stupid me! Am I that bad? Or maybe it was what I was wearing today, it did look kind of bad. I guess wearing that shirt with those pants was a bad idea; they don’t match at all. Curse my fashion sense! …Wait for me as I now bang my head repeatedly on my desk.

               But besides that, I’m also a bit anxious. After all, with the atmosphere between us so awkward, who knows what could happen? What if I mess up in front of her? That would be completely embarrassing. And what if I embarrass myself in front of her for a completely different reason? Ugh, all these weird thoughts in my head are making me want to sulk in a corner. Disregarding all my worries that have to do with Subin, what if I mess up in general? We’ll be performing in front of a bunch of people since it’s a wedding. I’m honored that Mr. Choi picked us for the performance, but what if I mess up? Not only would it make me look bad, but it would also make Mr. Choi look bad for choosing me.

               I guess I shouldn’t be worrying about all of this, though. I’ll just make the best of things and see if it gets me anywhere!

               “So… do you want to meet up after school tomorrow at room 407 again? I can’t practice today because I have a project to do,” Subin suggested.

               At least she’s talking to me normally now. But she still looks a bit uncomfortable around me. Poo.

               “Sure,” I grinned, flashing her my pearly whites.

               I waved goodbye to Mr. Choi and Subin, and I walked back to my classroom before class started. My mind might have been playing tricks on me, but I think I saw her blushing. Yes!

 

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

 

               The next day, I went to class, excited that I would be able to practice with Subin later on. Hopefully spending more time with her would break the awkward atmosphere between us. It’s hard to believe that one kiss changed our relationship so drastically. I still don’t know what to do, though. Do I just tell her I like her? After all, I know that the feeling is mutual. But I guess I should just take things slowly.

               My teachers’ words went through one ear and out the other as I fantasized about my beloved. Oh gosh, I sound like a love-sick puppy. I’m turning into one of those mushy gushy romantics. Blegh!

               Anyway, once the bell rang, I gathered my books and sprang out of my seat. I couldn’t wait to see her. Jeez, sometimes I wish that I was a first year just so we could have the same classes. I guess I really am sickly in love. Oh, well. The feeling is nice. I feel all fuzzy inside, and I don’t hate that feeling. I’ll just have to embrace it!

               “Yah, Yixing, where are you going?” my friend, Jongin, yelled after me.

               I gulped. He quickly caught up with me. And the look in his eyes told me that he wasn’t very pleased.

               “Ah, well, I…uh…” I was at a loss for words. What should I say? What if he murders me?! (Well, he’s a troublemaker alright, but he’s not that evil.)

               “Don’t tell me you forgot about our practice. I know you’re forgetful and all, but really?” he scolded.

               My other friends in our dancing group, Luhan and Sehun, caught up with us. They looked at me questioningly.

               “I thought we were going to practice today?” Sehun asked, blinking his eyes innocently.

               Aish! I can’t let them down. I guess I’ll just have to tell Subin that we could start practice together another day. Urgh. Just thinking about her makes me blush.

               “Yah yah yah… Is Yixing…blushing?!” Luhan asked incredulously.

               Jongin smirked at me, a knowing look in his eyes. “This is about a girl, isn’t it?”

               All of my friends looked at me in disbelief. “You actually like somebody?! Hyung, I thought you were so forgetful that you even forgot about having a relationship!” Sehun chirped.

               Aish, these guys!

               We started playfully wrestling in the hallway until a teacher told us to knock it off. Once we arrived at our lockers (which were conveniently placed close to each other), Jongin said, “Just go ahead without us, hyung. We wouldn’t want to interrupt your little date.”

               Everyone snickered.

               Hmph! Then I will! I stomped away from there, steam pouring out of my ears. Sometimes they can be really annoying!

               Once I arrived at room 407, I opened the door to see that Subin was already there, carefully plucking the strings on my guitar. If it were anyone else, I would have yelled at them for touching it, but there’s no way I could stay mad at her. At first, I was a bit shocked seeing her touching my guitar, but the feeling was quickly replaced with admiration as I watched her experiment. She really looks so pretty…

               I managed to snap out of my fantasies and cleared my throat. Subin looked up at me in surprise once she realized that I was there. I chuckled to myself, thinking, She’s so cute.

 

SUBIN’S POV

 

               Oh gosh. I quickly moved away from his guitar, a shocked expression on my face. Oh gosh.

               I hope he doesn’t get mad at me for touching his guitar. From the way I’ve seen him looking at the beautiful instrument, he absolutely adores it. It must be extremely important to him. I bet he’s really mad that I was touching.

               But I couldn’t help it! It looked so pretty, and inviting… I just had to touch it; it looks so pretty… Okay, so maybe I could have controlled myself. But I guess I don’t have much self control. Aish, I’m so bad! Our relationship is already awkward. I probably just made things worse. Now he’ll hate me!

               I kneeled down on the floor and bowed deeply, my head hitting the wooden floor. I had never been so regretful in my life.

               “I’m so, so, so sorry. I wasn’t thinking!” I couldn’t think of an excuse, so I just stayed there with my head bowed, hoping he would show the least bit of mercy. After all, if I saw someone messing with my piano, I’d be a bit mad at them as well.

               But instead of receiving a good scolding from Yixing, all I heard was him laughing.

               I lifted my head, looking at him in confusion.

               “Oh…my…gosh…you look so…funny!” He said in between giggles.

               I slowly got up, looking at him weirdly. He wasn’t mad? He really wasn’t mad? And did I mention he looked absolutely adorable while laughing?! I could see his really cute dimples! Before I could stop myself, I started to pinch his cheeks, smiling to myself.

               But while I was smiling and continued to pinch his cheeks, Yixing just stopped laughing, looking into my eyes intensely. It made me nervous.

               I quickly pulled my hand back, my cheeks turning red. Jeez, he makes me blush so much!

               “I’m guessing you like my dimples?” he cheekily grinned. “A lot of people say they like them.”

               I took a step back and nodded. Oh, this was so embarrassing.

               While I took a step back, Yixing took a step forward. “I don’t mind. And I forgive you for touching my guitar. I’m okay with that, too,” he said, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers.

               I swear I’ll die of a heart attack around him. Hopefully he can’t hear my heart, because it’s beating really, really fast right now. Thump. Thump. Thump.

               He leaned in even closer, our faces a mere inches apart. OMO OMO OMO! I swear I’m going to die of a heart attack right now! He makes me feel so light-headed. I wanted to pull away, but I was getting lost in his eyes…

               Thankfully, I managed to come to my senses. I quickly pulled back, giggling nervously. I swear, it seemed like he was going to kiss me… again.             

               “Uh, so… how about we get started?” I asked, my voice trembling. Jeez.

               Yixing pouted, but then went to grab his guitar.

               Wait…

               Yixing pouted, but then went to grab his guitar.

               Yixing pouted…

               Yixing… pouted…

               YIXING POUTED?!

               Yixing….POUTED?! (Which by the way, is the cutest thing I’ve seen in a while.)

               I swear, this guy is going to be the death of me.


Author's Note:

I really liked this chapter. Did you?

Oh, and thank you very much, kenzietenten, for coming up with a couple names for Yixing and Subin!! I tried to make one, but all of them ended up sounding weird! Honestly, all their possible couple names sound really strange when put together, but this one sounded the least weird. So congrats to you for being awesome!!!

She came up with...

 

THE YIBIN COUPLE :D

Yixing approves!!

 

Oh gosh, Yixing... are you cheating on Subin?! xD

 

 

Yixing asked Jongin how to say something in Thai, so he whispered it into his ear.

...But it kind of looks like Jongin is eating his ear...

 

Well, that's all for now! (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づヾ

Bye guys!

      - Gaby