Author's Note

Possessive Diva

I know it's been a long time since I've updated this and I apologize and appreciate everyone's patience. I know this is a Key fanfic, but I have never imagined SHINee as less than 5 people. I've been listening to K-Pop since high school. SHINee is literally the third K-pop group I fell in love with. I cannot express enough how much pain this causes, not only me but all Shawols. I will not be continuing this fanfic. My condolences to everyone. 

 

 

EDIT:

I was going to discontinue. I was. I struggled for awhile with the idea of continuing this. Mainly because of where this story is supposed to go and how much influence SHINee has had on my life. My ultimate biases in SHINee have always been Key and Taemin. However, I've always loved the other members just as much. and Like so many of the other groups I've come to know and love they became like family. Family, I knew I would most likely never meet. Again I've never imagined SHINee as less than 5 people. Losing Jonghyun hurt. It hurt a lot of us. I sincerely felt as though someone took my brother from me. We watched as Super Junior, TVXQ (2VXQ as some call them), F(X), EXO, and so many other SM groups fell apart. So many of us feared SHINee would end up the same way. Just not like this. This isn't how we had pictured it. I know he's in a better place, I know it was "probably" for the best, or however, anyone will put it. I changed my mind for one simple reason. And it makes a hell of a lot of a difference too. Some have turned to posting how they fell on IG about what happened. Some have written really emotional and moving poems or one-shots about it. Others are making beautiful pieces of artwork or using their editing skills to give us videos that are masterpieces. Including a concert-like video with the audio of his recently released music. I'm good at writing. It's the only skill I'm entirely confident in. When I decided to stop writing this it was in hindsight of how I was feeling. Not long after I originally posted this I received a comment about how what I wrote helped someone cope with what had happened. My whole purpose for writing has always been to give others the same escape from reality that I was provided with growing up. Knowing that I made at least one person feel a bit better reminded me of why I write. Not because I want fame or anything, but because the world of fiction gives us more freedom than we have in real life. Reading allows us the freedom to be who we want to be. To change things how we want. And if somehow, someway, I can breathe a different kind of life into the events that occurred in December for those who need that peace of mind from the pain then that's what I will do. It's not much, but it's the least I can do. 

 

Jonghyun Oppa, I hope this even reaches you. There's so much you've done for so many and never knew how much you meant to so many people. It's still hard for us here, but we know you're okay and doing well. You did great our amazing Angel. Sleep well.