Paint Therapy

Possessive Diva

Key hasn't taken his eyes off me for days now. I could literally pass behind him on silent feet and he's suddenly watching me. I'm not sure if I should be flattered or annoyed at such attention. So, I opt for ignoring him. If only that would make the burning of his eyes against my skin go away. I'm not prepared to be locked in a room again with him. I prefer spending my free time with the other members when they're home.  Speaking of I scan the room looking for at least Taemin.

"They have scheduled today. Except for Jonghyun, who went for a run."

"I wasn't talking to you, ma'am."

"See, I'm tempted to throw you down the steps. Extremely tempted. So much that I think it might relieve my migraine and make my life easier."

"Are you threatening a pregnant woman?"

"If only that were true. If only. Besides you're not worth having my image ruined over."

"Your image was ruined the moment you were born. I'd be surprised if you weren't dropped on your ing head as a baby."

"YAH! Lee Jung Min! Are you swearing?!"

Key tilts from his spot on the couch to look towards the door and my eyes widen. I'm going to die because a certain self-absorbed piece of wanna be royalty can't mind his business.

"N-no!"

Jonghyun's giving me a look that says he heard me very clearly and he's not impressed. Although I'm extremely close with Hee Chul and that's been my best friend for a really long time, I can't say that Jonghyun isn't my second best friend. The past few weeks have been hell for all of us. If I wasn't trying to tear Kibum's throat out of his ugly neck-ugly neck, really now?- I was being forced to participate in wedding practice. If my mother thought she was going to have a well-behaved daughter at this event she's wrong. She better pray that there's no media coverage because I intend to make a spectacle of the whole damn thing.

"I could hear you through the door."

"That wasn't me! I swear it!"

"Aish, terrible child. How am I to believe you."

"I thought we were best friends!"

"Keyword there, you thought. Keep it moving little girl."

"I will sell your ugly on the black market. Keep ing with me."

"Yah!"

I slap my hands over my mouth and glare over at the diva, wanting to disintegrate him right then and there. Curse whoever breathed him into existence. Shaking his head at me he grabs hold of my wrist and drags me to his room where I'm sat on the bed as he rummages through the closet.

"I'm sorry."

"I know. sometimes you two need to be away from each other. Figured if you two spend too much time around each other the tension gets worse."

"Oh, so I'm the problem."

"Aniya, you just have a different time frame for warming up to people and Key doesn't make it any easier for you two to get along. He's not a bad person. Just he likes things a certain way and you break all those rules. It bothers him I guess."

"So, I'm a bad person?"

"Ani! I mean you do stuff that you really shouldn't be. Like spray painting the dorms or calling Key a girl, or playing pranks in public that get us kicked out of those places. Aish, I guess I'm saying that you two are polar opposites. in most aspects of how you do things. Although, him buying you a leash was uncalled for."

"He called me a dog too. He acts like I took his best friend from him."

"Nah, I could never leave him."

I don't notice Key standing in the doorway listening to us talk. Probably because he's not burning a hole in my skin at the moment. It takes Jonghyun stopping what he's doing to look over at him for me to notice.

"What are you looking for?"

"That box I brought home a few days ago."

"It's in my room. You're terrible at hiding things so I moved it."

"Oh, can I have it."

He nods and steps away just in time for my phone to go off. My mother's name displays across the screen in bright white font and big letters.

"Hello?"

"JungMin, you have five minutes and no more than that to be at the cafe a couple blocks from you."

Before I can respond she hangs up the phone. I stare at the device unblinking when Key comes back and hands the box to Jonghyun. The look on his face says I look as though someone's puppy learned how to kick people and I was the victim of said kick.

"Mwo?"

In the blink of an eye I'm rummaging through what little I own to change into something slightly decent before leaving. Only to realize I have no idea which cafe she's talking about and I'm bound to get lost.

"Where are you going?"

"Cafe?"

Instead of questioning me he grabs his jacket and starts tugging me out the door and down the street to his car."

"Why are you helping me?"

"Because Jonghyun is in the shower and I want out of the house. It's an excuse to not get yelled at by Jinki later."

"Right..."

The car ride is silent, even pulling up in front of the cafe. My mother is standing outside dressed as flashily as possible. There's someone standing with her and I honestly don't recognize him. I instinctively step back when she tries to hug me, not realizing Key has climbed out to greet her. She looks so damn excited that it's making me nauseous. Following her inside doesn't make me feel any better and at this point even Kibum is uncomfortable, opting to pretend to hide behind the menu given to us and after ordering, the screen of his phone.

"I'm here because?"

"It took some serious thought. Very serious thought. Especially with your behavior. But and before I continue- this is Tae Kyong Joo. Anyway, I've decided that on the day I'll be getting married so will you."

"I'm sorry, she's doing what?"

"What he said."

"Getting married. Jung Min, I can't keep letting you run around the way you have been. You'll get married and then move to the states, where you'll raise a family. No more painting or whatever it is you think you've been doing."

"It may not be my place to say so, but killing her dreams won't make her like you more. Besides she's not the type to marry someone because you told her to. She doesn't even know him. She has a way of getting to know people and this infringes on that. I'm not saying you don't know what you're doing when it comes to raising children."

"I know you think you know her better than I do because she's been living with you and your friends, but I know what I'm doing when it comes to Jung Min."

Key shrugs. However, I'm too stunned to say anything. Something he takes note of and instinctively pulls me up out of the seat.

"I'll be taking her. We have some errands to run before going home."

"Kyong Joo can take her home. She needs to start spending time with him anyway."

"Ah, see, she has to go with me to get what we need I can't exactly go by myself ."

"Then he can go with you."

My mother is adamant on this. I can feel Key's grip tighten on my wrist as he just turns away, pulling me towards the car. When I'm safely inside he climbs in the driver's side and doesn't wait to see if my mother or the boy followed us out.

~Key~

She hasn't said a word since finding out and I'm not sure she'll say anything until we're home. I'll be lucky if she so much as insults me. I'm not sure how to fix it. I can't just take her home though. I really did want to stop and get something from the store. So, I drive right by the dorm and head for the grocery store. I'm only inside briefly before heading to the corner store not far from the dorm to pick up a couple other things. When I climb back in the car to head home her hands are shaking and her phone is ringing nonstop.

"Phone."

It practically falls into my hand as she tries to give it to me. Pulling the battery out stops the sound. When we get back the box I handed Jonghyun is on the table with a note. Yet as I turn to give them both to her she's lying on the living room floor. It doesn't help that Onew walks in and looks at me as if I'm the culprit. 

"What did you do?"

"Why whisper it? Shout it so everyone can hear you. I didn't do anything. Just put everything away if you're not cooking. I have to go reorganize my room."

"Wae?"

"Mind your business."

I set both the box and note in the bag from the corner shop before going in my room. A room I've been sharing with Jung Min for weeks now. Surprised it's not destroyed or something. The other's are quiet as they enter the house and I set about moving furniture off of one wall.

~JungMin~

I can hear them whispering. Except for Taemin who's having a conversation with someone at the door apparently. And from the sound of it, they want to see me. Jonghyun's been trying to get me to sit up for awhile, but I know better than to give in so easily. So instead I lay there, staring at nothing in particular. That is until someone else actually manages to lift me up off the ground.

"Change into something comfortable. I'll be right back."

The door doesn't make a sound as it closes behind me and Key's angry voice echoes in the hall. It takes me a bit of silent unready motivation to change into sweats and a t-shirt by the time Key comes back in. and when he does he's not alone. Surprise! Kyong Joo managed to find his way to the dorm. He's practically inspecting everything.

"Didn't I tell you to leave."

"I'm not leaving. I don't see why I can't see her."

"Maybe because she's in a bad mood right now. Maybe because she doesn't need you invading her personal space. Or maybe because no one likes you." 

Key has two bags in his one hand and a bucket in the other. He see's where my eyes have gone and turns to me. Something about his sudden demeanor mischievous. Still, I can't figure out what would make him act in such a manner and am shocked when he sets the bucket and bags down over by the wall where he's moved all the furniture and set up two plain white sheets on the floor. Inside the bucket are varying colors of balloons like the kind you fill with water and throw at people.

"I figured since you can't really go out and paint the dorm or anything like that and you hate using canvas that maybe you'd want to at least paint the wall. Of course, I wasn't expecting that this would actually find his way here."

"Her mother gave me the address."

"As I was saying before being so rudely interrupted. I bought balloons and water. Figured you could throw them at the wall or whatever."

"That's childish. She's a grown woman. She can talk her problems out like a normal person."

"Taeminnie, Kyong Joo here thinks your noona is childish!"

There's an angry shout before Taemin storms down the hall to glare at Kyong Joo. Key goes about setting up some of the balloons with water and paint inside while I watch in silence. Of course, I go over and pick up one of the big bottles of paint, pour some onto my finger and start to paint his face. His struggle to fill the balloons and keep from disturbing my movement actually amuses me.

"Stop painting my face. That's not why I bought it. Jung Min!"

"But it amuses me."

"Aish, take one of the balloons and...wait, your hair."

"What about it?"

"Pull it back! What else!"

"Ani."

Before I can move out of his reach, he pushes my hair back and ties it into an extremely messy bun. By now the whole dorm is watching as he places a balloon in my paint covered hand. I stare at it, preferring painting his face over throwing the damn thing at the wall.

"Maybe she'll throw it if you sit against the wall."

"You mean you want me to kill her for getting paint in my hair."

"Just do it. You're the only one she tortures in here anyway."

He goes to protest again when Jonghyun and Onew drag him to stand in front of the wall. 

"This is stupid. Jung Min, you're not a child. And neither are any of you."

I barely miss Kibum's head by a mere few centimeters. The more Kyong Joo the talks the more violent my throws are. No one dares to move or say anything, even once Kyong Joo leaves. I'm left to my own devices and Key is still my victim.

~Key~

I'm surprised I'm still intact considering the way she reacted when he spoke. It's been hours since then and she's only just now run out of paint-balloons to throw at me. it's not like I did anything to her. Either way, I'm happy it worked. She's calm and passed out on the floor. Kind of wish I'd known sooner how to get her to alleviate stress because fighting on a daily basis is annoying. She's quiet now and I'm going to enjoy it. Until tomorrow anyway.