TB

Strangers Like Us

 

Pablo Picasso once said, “Everything you can imagine is real". So this luscious bed is real, the paintings on the walls are real, the dressers and lamps are real too. I groggily looked at my surroundings. Oh Hyun Su moved me into one of the guest rooms. It was so simple and elegant. Just what I craved.Simplicity. 
 
Bedroom-Furniture-5.jpg
 
My bags were infront of the dresser. I hadn't gotten a chance to unpack last night. I didn't reach Oh Hyun Su's car until about 10:50 and we were both hungry throughout the car ride. He decided that it would be best to grab a bite to eat before going home. We ended up standing in line at a ddukbokki stand. 
 
-Flashback-
"So how'd it go?" He asked.
"Fine I guess. She was pissed."
Silence.
 
"Your seventeen, right?"
"Dae."
Silence.
 
"So what do you like to do?"
"You know, stuff."
"Ahh, nae, stuff."
"Yeah."
Silence.
 
"I gave you your name."
"...Chincha?"
 
"Nae. Haneul and I wanted a girl around the time you were born but got a son. His name is Sehun. He's older than you by a few months. Anyways, I always liked the name Tae Ah. So when Jiyeon had you, I quickly gave that name for you."
"That's nice. I always wondered who gave me the name. Jiyeon never called me by my full name. Sometimes she would call me Tae, but mostly it was stuff like 'Girl'."
 
He smiled. "Nae. Jiyeon never liked that name, because Haneul liked it. Do you like being called Tae?"
I shrug. "I don't mind it, people tend to call me everything but Tae Ah. My neighbor, Ms. Park, calls me Tiny. The man at the market calls me Tea and gives me free lollipops. I suppose I like Tae best though."
 
Oh Hyun Su chuckled and ruffled my hair. "Then I guess I could call you Tae." 
I smiled up at him. We retrieved our food and ate on the way home.
-Flashback Complete-
 
I smiled to myself. I might just survive living here. A knock came to my door. I muttered a small come in. A little girl tiptoed into my room, onto my bed. 
 
"Tae Ah unni, come downstairs. Umma wants you to join us for breakfast." She jumped up and down on my bed. 
"I'll just change..."
 
"Oh no, unni! Just come down like this. Appa won't mind." She replied, eagerly dragging me out of my bed and the comfort of my room towards the kitchen. I had just enough time to step into my slippers before arriving into the dining area. 
 
modern-dining-room-ideas-3.jpg
 
Oh Hyun Su sat in the chair with his back facing me. On his left sat a teenaged boy I guessed to be Sehun. A girl, not much younger than me, sat next Sehun. The chair across from Oh Hyun Su was empty. The two chairs on the right side of the table were also empty. 
"Come on unni." The little on pulled me the the chair closest to Oh Hyun Su. 
 
"Oh, good morning, Tae." He looked at me with a small smile. I mumbled a good morning and bowed before sitting. "How was your sleep?"
 
"It was fine." I replied shortly, eyeing the tablecloth like it was the most interesting thing in the world. 
 
"Good, I'm glad to hear that. Haneul was worried you wouldn't like the room." He said after taking a sip from his coffee. 
 
"I was not!" came a yell from the kitchen. I looked up to meet eyes with one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Haneul sshi was so tall and slender, her eyes were bright and vibrant, and her aura screamed out that she was one to give nurture. Something I desperately needed. She sat down and smiled at me. 
 
"Tae, that's my wife Haneul" who gave me a bigger smile, "my son Sehun", who only glance at me with a bored expression, "my daughter In Woo", she stared at me very hard, annoyance written all over her face, "and Ae Rin."
 
"Annyoung hasaeyo." I say to no one in particular.    
 
"Please eat a lot, dear." Haneul sshi gestured to the table covered with food. The only thing I saw that I could eat was the toast. There was bacon and sausages and bacon in the eggs. Sadly, I do not eat anything from a pig so I would not be indulging. 
 
I reached for the cart of orange juice and poured some in the small glass near my plate. I got a piece of toast and nibbled on it. 
"What are you on a diet or something?" the In Woo girl asked. It was then I noticed everyone was waiting for me to get more food.
"I don't eat pork products." I stated lightly. 
 
"Oh! I'm so sorry Tae Ah. I had no idea. Would you like me to make you some pancakes?" Hanuel asked, obviously worried. 
"Ani, this is fine. I don't really eat breakfast anyway."
 
"What, are you trying to make my mom feel bad?" I bit my lip while looking at Sehun. He picked his fork up and pointed at me,"I don't like you, nappeun yeo ja!" 
 
In Woo snickered next to him. "Are you going to cry?" She began to tease me.
 
"Enough! Oh SEHUN! Oh IN WOO!" Appa yelled at them. "Tae is your sister now, you will not bully her." 
"Yeah, no bullying my unni!" Ae Rin pointed her little finger at those two brats. 
 
I patted Ae Rin's head. "Oh Hyun Su, I have to unpack. I'm going first." I get up from my seat and venture back to my new room. I threw myself in the covers and huffed. That was not as bad as I expected. Hopefully, things will just get easier from here.
 
"I sure hope they do."
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yay for a triple update~
So exhausted^^
Comment and await another update
d(^~^)b LilyLycan B.