Strangers

Seasonal Love

 

 

 ***NOTE***: There might be a lot of typos or something here and there, so please excuse a funny sentence you read or something :) Also, There is cussing in it >.<

 

 

March 20th

It was a beautiful day to start spring out with.
The grass was a vibrant green and the bright sun shone brightly through the light blue sky, a few fluffs of cloud visible in the vast blue sky.
All the plants were covered with a thin layer of dew drops from the thick, morning fog of Seoul, adding a bright glimmer to the beautiful sight

Yesung smiled softly to himself as he stretched his arms high above his head, inhaling the fresh spring air that swirled all around him from a light breeze as he walked through the some-what isolated park, and towards his usual place beneath a large willow tree.

Life wasn’t exactly perfect for Kim Jongwoon, but nor was it bad either.
It was just…..normal, although he wasn’t very social.
He wasn’t exactly a very bubbly, happy and optimistic person either. He liked to keep things to himself and share nothing to anymore.
He was a deep thinker, making his poems and songs all the more meaningful.

Yesung had quite a normal life, yes, but he lacked one of the most power fullest thing in the world—Love.

But Kim Jongwoon could care less.
Love to him, is a weakness- caving into one another, or bending their own life so they could be with one another.
But the one thing that Yesung distaste the most about love, is dependence-to depend on one another’s presence to be happy, to be able to fulfill something.
Love is a weakness.

But yet…..Yesung is curious about love. He’s curious if there really is that special someone for you.
Sometimes, he’ll even write songs based on his curiosity, or what he thinks will happen if you ever do fall in love.

 

Yesung sighed heavily and took a seat down beneath the tree he usually hangs around, not caring if his bottom got wet because of the morning dew. He was wearing black skinny jeans that hugged tightly to his shapely legs, so even if he got wet, it wasn’t that visible to the eye unless you touched his which he’ll probably give you a flying kick to the head for.

He pulled his knees close to his chest as he pulled out a pencil and journal/notebook out of his messenger bag that he always carried around every time he left the house.

Yesung turned to the page he had last left off on, and tapped his chin thoughtfully with the end of his pencil as he reread the lyrics he had written, before his lips and started scribbling away.

He was currently working on a song called ‘Waiting for You’, although he can’t relate to it, he only writes what he thinks it’ll be like if he was in love.
The song was about a person who has always been close to their secret lover, but the other knows nothing about the feelings that were aimed towards him. The person loved the other, but didn’t know how to express it, and even when they did, the other didn’t understand it until it was too late to.

Yesung has been stuck on a certain phrase for quite some time now. He didn’t know how to continue it.
He quickly glanced around himself, to make sure there was no one in ear shot at the park, before singing the song out loud, trying to find a sentence that would fit. His low, husky and velvety voice echoed softly, soothingly, throughout the empty park, giving the large park a more relaxing feel to the beautiful scenery.

~너에게 하지 못한 말들이
눈 감으면 자꾸 떠올라
기억을 담은 채로 멈춰둔
나의 사랑 너를 생각해

곁에 두고 방황했던
날들을 후회하고 있어
나의 진심이 들리지 않니

너를 기다려
세상이 끝날 때까지
널 기다려
운명이 막을 그 순간까지
이젠 내가 너에게 모두 줄 수 있는데
내게로 다가올 수 없니
소중한 내 사람

함께 한 기억들을 지우고
아무 일도 없던 것처럼…

 

But once again, he stopped.
He couldn’t think of anything.

Yesung started singing again from the beginning, in hope that he could actually rack up something, but 2 lines before he came to the dead end, a new voice joined him.

 

“…함께 한 기억들을 지우고
아무 일도 없던 것처럼
모른다 말을 해도 가슴이
너를 먼저 알아보잖아

너와 보낸 시간들이
너만을 기다리고 있어
마지막 사랑 너 하나인데…”

 

It was a powerful, but soothing and soft voice that held strong emotions.

Yesung spun around in surprise when the new voice added in a phrase that actually fit perfectly into the song.

“Would those lines work?” the newcomer asked.

Yesung looked up to see a tall and slender young man behind him.
He had to admit that the young man was quite handsome.
He had pale skin, but not as pale compared to Yesung’s, and had a healthy blush and glow to it.
The boy also had slightly wavy, light brown hair that draped lightly over his golden, chocolaty brown eyes. He had a nice smile on his slim face, but it looked a bit sly and mysterious on him. The boy was casually dressed in a plain white T-shirt with a forest green yarn, jacket over it, and faded jeans with black rimmed glasses resting lightly atop his nose that he probably doesn’t actually need.

Yesung’s eyes narrowed and his lips turned up into a small scowl, not wanting the unexpected company, but he still scribbled the two lines down into his journal.

“You’re welcome.” The boy chuckled and took a seat beneath the willow tree right next to Yesung without asking for permission.

Yesung cringed from the closeness and scooted further away from the unwanted stranger.

“You have a beautiful voice by the way.” The boy added, glancing at the man beside him. “I’ve been…..listening to you sing these pass couple of days, so that’s why I know the um, tune to your uh…song.” The boy said, playing with his fingers sheepishly.
“I swear I wasn’t stalking you though!” The boy said quickly when the elder shot him a suspicious look.

The boy looked away and cleared his throat awkwardly. “By the way, the names Cho Kyuhyun!” The so called ‘Kyuhyun’ boy said with a smile and stuck his hand out to shake, trying to change the ‘not creepy’ subject.

Yesung barely gave him a sideways glance and ignored the hand, before curling up tighter and continued writing lyrics down.

Kyuhyun grimaced at the other’s reaction and let his hands fall back down to his lap, and rocked back and forth childishly as a minute of silence passed between them.

Yesung finally relaxed a little, thinking that the boy would finally leave him alone…..but he thought wrong.

“Hey, wouldn’t it sound better if it says ‘홀로 잊을 수도 바꿀 수도 없는 이 사랑
너의 빈자리에 남은 혼잣말…’?” Kyuhyun asked from where he was looking over Yesung shoulder, his chin resting lightly on the elder’s slender shoulders.

Yesung immediately tensed up again when he felt soft, warm lips brush against his ear and snapped his head sideways to glare at the other only to crash his lips roughly against something.

“Ah! !” he cried out when he felt a slight sting on his lower lip and tasted the undeniable coppery and salty flavor of crimson blood.

“S-Sorry!” KyuHyun stammered, bringing his own hand up to his lips that were also bleeding, and pulled back away from where he was reading over the other’s shoulders.

Yesung let out a growl and stood up abruptly.
he threw his journal down at Kyuhyun’s chest in anger before jerking his bag up over his shoulders and stormed off.

“Wait! You’re uh….erm…..journal……” Kyuhyun trailed off when he realized that the other had already crossed to the other side of the park.

Kyuhyun frowned slightly and picked up the thrown journal, carefully dusting the grass off of it, to see a name scribbled hastily on the cover of it.

“Kim….Jong…..Woon….” Kyuhyun read out loud to himself. “Hm, nice name. Maybe I could see you again.” He said, but mentally kicked himself when he got odd glances his way from an old couple that was walking by.

He flipped through the pages absent-mindedly, reading all the well written and emotionally deep lyrics that were written in it.
Why didn’t this ‘Jongwoon’ guy submit these to a recording company or idol company? They were all really good!

His moment of admiring these poems and lyrics were ruined when his phone started ringing and he quickly checked his watch to see that he was late for something he was supposed to attend 10 minutes ago.

Kyuhyun quickly scrambled up and off the wet grass before tucking the journal safely into his jacket pocket and ran off, hoping he could see this quiet, but yet unique man again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Hey....yeah.....so.... a small chapter to just get you guys started :)
The song I used in it is called 'Waiting for you' that was sung by Yesung.
My defintion of the song meaning might not be accurate, but from what I read it as, that is what it sounds like to me :D

Please leave comments and tell me how it is just in the first chapter, or what you expect more out of it (ex: More humor....more characters descriptions/development....who you want to enter into thsi story.....etc.)