O_O

Battle of the Brains

 

“KIM!!!! FASTER!!!” her mother yelled from downstairs.

 

“YES MOTHER!!” Kim grumbled in a shout as she answered her mother and put the last piece of clothing in her backpack.

 

“Hurry up! Ryosuke is waiting for you, you know!” her mom yelled again. And oh, that’s right: Yama-chan is waiting for her.

 

                        >flashback start<

 

“As couples???” Kim asked the president  in exclamation.

 

“Yes, Orihara-san. You would be acting as couples.” The president said. “As in HUSBAND AND WIFE.”

 

“B…but why do we have to e—act as couples??” Kei asked. Phew, that was close. He almost said: ‘Why do we have to exchange partners?’ but good thing that he caught himself. “I thought this was an academic battle…?”

 

The president smiled. “I decide the rules here, Inoo-san. And this particular stage was suggested by me.” She then turned to face Kim again. “This last stage proves your determination.” She eyed Kim even more. “Unless perhaps you want to quit….and LOSE.”

 

The word LOSE ringed in Kim’s ears repeatedly. What the HECK?? Is this woman challenging her? Of course she won’t lose! Especially if there is a person named KEI also participating in the same competition.

 

“Quit? Me? Pffftt…ZETTAI DAME!!!” Kim said, half of her sanity being carried away by her thoughts.

 

“You sure?” Kei narrowed his eyes at her.

 

“Of course!!” Kim laughed as if she had really gone mad. “Unless you’re the one who is afraid of losing. Ne…..?”

 

“Ore?!??” Kei pointed at himself. “Afraid? Are you joking me?!? I’m not about to lose! Especially to you….NI-CHAN!!!” Then he stuck his tongue out. “BLEHHH!!”

 

“So…you two are going to participate now?” the president asked them.

 

“OF COURSE!!!” Kim and Kei nodded in perfect unison.

 

“How about Rio and Ryosuke?” she said as she turned to the two people who hasn’t spoken yet.

 

“We’re going to participate too!” the two replied enthusiastically.

 

“HONTOOOUU NIII????” the president asked in a somewhat teasing tone. “You four will be participating????”

 

“UN!” the four nodded all together.

 

“Reaaaalllyyyy?? Hontou no hontou no hontou ni???”

 

“HAI!!”

 

“No backing-out? Promise??”

 

“YES KAICHOU!!”

 

“Well, then I guess I should announce now that NOW, AT THIS POINT, the last stage has already begun….” The president eyed them.

 

Everyone then shyly approached their partners.

 

The president looked up and scratched her chin, then she smiled at them again. “….and that you four would be staying under one roof for two nights and three days.”

 

                                    >flashback end<

 

 

Kim marched down the stairs as with her backpack slung on one shoulder while she was holding an over-sized shoulder bag with her right hand.

 

“Hurry up!!” her mom said yet again.

 

“Oka-san…what are you so excited about?” Kim asked as she hugged her mom goodbye.

 

“I’m just glad that my daughter is already all grown-up and now going to live family life and—”

 

“OKA-SAN!” Kim snapped as she released her mom. “It’s only for two nights!”

 

“Yes, but still…”

 

“I’m leaving! Jya~~!” Kim stopped her mom once again before the woman could say anything else.

 

“Just take care, ne!” she heard her mom say. Kim then saw the Ryosuke standing beside a car.

 

Another man stood by the car on the driver’s side…their ‘guard’. He was tall and big and muscularly built, hired by the president to ‘guard’ Ryo and Kim’s actions, if they really were acting as couples. Another big man was also hired to check upon on Kei and Rio.

 

When Kim met Ryo’s eyes, awkwardness surged through her. “Uhh….” She said out of awkwardness.

 

“Hi, HONEY!!” Ryosuke greeted in perfect characterization.

 

At that, Kim’s eyes widened. She got confused on why the guy would act that way. Didn’t he just opposed the idea of exchanging partners way back when the second stage was announced?

 

“Konbanwa…anou, Ryosuke-san.” Kim replied shyly.

 

“Ehhhh…you call me Ryo-chan. Okay?” he said, taking Kim’s bags and putting them on the front seat of the car. He then closed the front door and opened the back and gestured for Kim to get in. “After all…” he said as he too went inside the car, sat beside Kim, and HELD HER HAND. “…I’m your husband.”

 

                                        >>CHAPTER END<<                     

 

Kyaaa!!!! There you go with this chapter!!

 

Yama-chan, why are you so in character?!!?!? HAHAHA even I don’t know what will happen next! GYAHAHA! LOL, surprised by my own craziness!

 

Anyways, what d you think about this chap??? COMMENT ALL YOU WANT!!!