Favored Ones

Battle of the Brains

 

While all the others are busy doing their business on laughing about the fallen Kei Inoo, the school’s president and the principal stood in the shadows in the farthest corner of the auditorium where the view of the whole room is the best.

 

“Ma’am,” the principal started to say, “Why did you have their outfits switched?” Yes, that’s right. The president was the one behind this outfit exchange thing.

 

“And why only them?” the principal continued to ask.

 

The president chuckled. “Isn’t it obvious? They’re my favored ones.”

 

“But why exchange their outfits?”

 

“Because they are my favored ones.” The president repeated.

 

“What does that have to do? Why not just eliminate all the others except the two of them?”

 

“That would be no fun., and besides, they have to get along WELL together, by this competition.” The president replied. A large emphasis on the word COMPETITION as if trying to be tricky.

 

“What do you mean by that, ma’am?” the principal questioned.

 

The president coughed before answering. “The interschool competition is still five months away and that’s where we will have the winner of this competition to join. Actually, the interschool competition really allows TWO participants from the same school.”

 

“Eh?” the principal blinked, a large question mark printed on his face. “Then why organize this competition if the both of them could join the interschool meet?”

 

“As I have said, they are my favored ones, and they HAVE TO get along well.” The president smiled.

 

The principal just sighed in exasperation, realizing that the president would just keep on answering with cryptic answers.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

Meanwhile, a hand was held out in front of Kei’s face.

 

‘What the hell.’ Kei thought. It must be him doing the holding out of the hand and not Kim. It’s a guy’s thing, right? But then again, recalling the momentary truth, he was wearing this frilly skirt and his so-called ‘hair’ is even longer than the girl’s.

 

-------

 

Kim’s hand was taken by the guy who just fell off from the stage face first—correction, PRETTY face first—and she helped him to stand up.

 

The laughter of the people in the auditorium hasn’t died yet and so Kim decided to drag Kei outside, their hands still linked.

 

 

 

                                    >>CHAPTER END<<

 

What a boring chapter. I was hurrying, sorry. :))