:)

Battle of the Brains

 

Kim let go of Kei’s hand once they had reached inside the gymnasium, which was empty of people because the whole student body was in the auditorium.

“HUMILIATING.” Kei said in a loud sigh as he sat on the nearest bleacher.

“Yep.” Kim agreed as she sat beside Kei.

“I guess you won the first stage already. Congratulations.” The guy said half-heartedly as he looked down, his ‘hair’ falling down so it covers his face on both sides of his head. “Mock all you want.”

“How dramatic of you!” Kim said as she brutally turned Kei’s head to the left to have him face her. “I’m not taking this as victory. You understand? I don’t take anyone’s humiliation as a win. And besides, there are other stages to come.”

“Still…”

“No stills. Okay?” Kim said with a compelling tone.

“Yes ma’am.” Kei nodded, Kim’s hands are getting warm in his cheeks.

The two had a moment of staring at each other but just then…

“Oi! You two! The winners’ are going to be announced now!” a male teacher interrupted them as he banged the gymnasium doors to an open. He was the same teacher earlier in the dressing room, Kei remembered. 

“…………………………………………………………….” Was all the two could think about. Kim immediately let go of Kei’s face.

“You look pretty!” she said with a laugh, trying to break the awkward atmosphere.

Kei just pouted.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Kim and Kei arrived at the auditorium just in time when the host is already announcing the winners.

“The third placers are…Chinen Yuri and Amizawa Reika!!”

Upon hearing their names, Chinen and Reika went up the stage.

“The second placers are… Kim Orihara and Kei Inoo!” the announcers announced. A collective applause was heard from the crowd. 

“Why do they choose the winners by genders??” Kim asked. The guy just shrugged.

“Orihara-san, Inoo-san, come up the stage please.” The host said.

“EHHHH?!?? I’m not yet changed!!!” Kei protested as he was dragged to the stage by Kim.

The two went up the stage and Kei was really surprised that this time, nobody laughed, instead, the crowd applauded again.

“And as for the first placers…Yamada Rio and Yamada Ryosuke!!!!” the host announced, more cheers from the audience was heard.

Ryo and Rio also went up the stage, bowed a little and waved at the audience for their thanks.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The winners were gathered in the backstage when everybody else had gone. Kei and Kim had already switched to NORMAL clothes when they went there.

“The fashion show was a success!” The principal said as he clapped his hands.

“My outfit was exchanged with Kim’s…” Kei muttered, thinking to himself that nobody heard him but…

“What was that, Inoo-san?” the president suddenly appeared behind Kei.

“Ah…anou…NANDEMONAI!!” Kei said as he laughed a bit and waved his hands awkwardly.

The president shrugged. “Minna-san,” she said. “I gathered you all here for an important announcement…the next stage. It’s invention test.”

“YES! FINALLY!! YATTA!” Kim and Kei high-fived each other.

“So it’s settled.” The president smiled at them.

“What is?” Kim asked.

“It looks like the two of you are close…so that makes the two of you each other’s partner.” The president said.

“WHAT??” the two said in perfect sync.

“…unless the other two pairs wants to switch, then it’s fine.” Kaichou continued.

At that note said, Chinen pulled Reika close to him and Ryosuke hugged Rio. Both of the boys shook their heads violently. “NOT GONNA HAPPEN.” 

“MOOUUU~~” Kim stomped her feet. Kei patted her shoulder.

“Daijobu desu.” He said.

“Ehhh??” 

“We have a bigger chance of winning if it’s like this.” He smiled.

 

                        >>CHAPTER END<<