Chapter 12

Battle of the Brains

 

“What the hell is wrong with her?” Kei asked himself about Kim as he went back up to his and Rio’s room.

 

As he opened the door, he found out that Rio had already fallen asleep on the bed, some clothes were still clasped in her hands.

 

Kei sighed then flung the duvet over Rio’s sleeping figure. He then searched in the cabinet for another blanket. Luckily, there was one. Plus a bonus futon.

 

Once he was done preparing his ‘bed’, he lied down on it and drifted off to a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

Kim finally decided to go upstairs as soon as he heard Kei and Rio’s door close.

 

When she got inside the room, she found nobody so she wondered where her ‘husband’ might be. Then she heard it...

 

Water…coming from the shower…along with the humming voice of Ryosuke.

 

Under different circumstances, she would have just sat down there and listened to Ryosuke’s humming. His voice was amazing… But now…MAN, HE’S IN THE SHOWER!! He’s gonna come out sooner or later, right?!? And he might even come out in ONLY HIS TOWEL!!! AND NOT TO MENTION HIS WEIRD AND STRANGE SWEET ATTITUDE.

 

This just might be a…dangerous (?) moment.

 

Kim hurriedly went for the door again but just then she felt a hand on her shoulder.

 

“You just came back, right?” Ryosuke asked. “Why are you leaving again?”

 

HOLY FREAKING SON OF HALVED GREEN PEAS. He’s only in his towel!!! GAHHH!! He’s not wearing anything from the waist up!!

 

Kim covered her face with both hands.

 

“Doushintanou?” Ryosuke asked again. “I was asking why you were leaving again.”

 

“Ah, anou…” Kim said in a muffled voice, trying hard not to peek through the gaps between her fingers.

 

“Hehh…that’s weird. Remove your hands off your face.” The guy then removed Kim’s hands off her face with his own cold, still-wet-from-the-shower hands.

 

No answer from Kim, who was busy trying hard to just stare at the guy’s face…NOT ANYWHERE ELSE.

 

“Kim-chan?” Ryosuke raised an eyebrow at her as he stepped forward, shortening their distance. Kim stepped backward in response. Yamada stepped forward again. Kim backed away again. Then at last, the guy stepped again forward…and then PINNED THE GIRL ON THE WALL.

 

“Na-nande?” Kim stared at him, wide-eyed.

 

Ryosuke inched closer. Kim gulped.

 

Yamada smiled. “You look cute when startled.” He said, then he went to the bed where his clothes were folded, took them up, went back to the bathroom, and there he put them on.

 

Kim just stood there, still staring into space.

 

                                                             >>CHAPTER END<<