Chapter 8

Wheels and Pedals

Last chapter :) [my first time for a decent ending] probably an epilogue after this


Chapter 8
Huang Zitao


 

People said when you're in the midst of dying, memories flash back in an instance, from the day you remember your mother's face to your dad's, your childhood friend's to the person that you loved. I cannot believe what I'm saying, but at this very moment, I proved to myself that the sayings were true.

 The overwhelming feelings and every single ounce of the past swiftly passed before my eyes. The water swirling around my body became nothing, the feeling of drowning felt like flying and the blurred pictures sharpened. I could not even comprehend how god made dying so peaceful, like weights were lifted from your sore shoulders, like the pang on you chest became a warm hug.

 I even considered welcoming my death.

 

I tried opening my eyes, those monochrome pictures faded until vivid ones replaced them.

 

And like a glass slipped by a tower seven stories high, that's how shattered I was.

 

All of those brief appearances were about him, from his smiles to that one mistake he made in my kitchen; it made my heart flutter.

 

Kris.

 

I took one more glimpse and water surged up on my eyeballs. It hurt so much that if I was not underwater, I'm probably crying. The silhouette of Kris swimming towards me was a lot more than a blur than earlier. The last glance I had was him reaching out for him. The last thing I felt was his warmth swathed my entire body, contrasting the cold waters.

 

You're fine... Tao... you're fine.

 

I thought I was only imagining ... and I probably am... I could hear Kris's deep voice resonting in my ears.

 

-

 

There was a force on my chest, pressing it down on a solid ground. My body was tired, and I can't barely moved my fingers. I knew I was freezing, though there was a big chance that I was numb from head to toe. Despite the color of black drape all over my site, there's one that was bright...

 

It's Kris.

 

I can't believe it.

 

"Please Tao. Wake up.. please.. for me.."

 

That was his voice. I'm pretty certain of it.

 

The more I hear his voice ... the more I could feel the warmth fluid on my fingers, then creeping all throughout my body.

 

More pushes landed on my torso...

 

"Tao. Please.. don't die."

 

In on push, I choked all the water out, coughing and gasping simultaneouly.

 

Then there was Kris, his lips were pale, his hair was disheveled, his eyes was dull. A moment of silence cut between us, more staring and more sniffs were heard. Tentatively, we both tried to wrap our arms around each other, hesitation was no excuse, because there was really hesitation in our actions.

Between our soaked clothes, were our shivering bodies, desperately seeking for body heat from each other.

 

I pulled away...

And I smiled...

but Kris did not...

 


 

 

ConverseLover600-Paradies_dictator-experiment-mediocre-fanfictions!
(Warning : May have tons of grammatical errors. All stories are un-betaed)

Super Junior

EunHae : When in Rome . When in South Korea . Connect The Dots . Heavy Rain. Heavenly Pain. Am I still Sane?
TeukChul : Oh God Please
YeWook : I'm still human. I still have feelings I . I'm still human. I still have feelings II
KyuWook : Stars Do Bleed

EXO

TaoRis : Wheels and Pedals . Arm Around Your Waist . Kiss Me Hard
KaiSoo : Attention Is Mine . Faded From Moonlights
HunHan and BaekYeol:
Arm Around Your Waist

PS : Edited chapters will be re-uploaded every Friday of the week the chapter is released