Epilogue

Wheels and Pedals

Double update. check the last chapter if you missed it


Epilogue


 

For a week, Tao and Kris did not talk to each other. It was more like Kris extending a wider gap between them- simply put, personal space. Tao's attempts were futile, Kris would just ignore him.

 

Kris didn't even fetch him...

 

Tao forgot, they broke his bike.

 

Tao mental slapped himself. At first, he was hating the guy, second, he was worried about the guy, now, he's desperately trying to talk with the guy.

 

He admits, Tao missed Kris's smile... that smile that made his insides turn and twist... that made him crumpled, disintegrated and blew like ashes in the wind.

 

But for once, Tao acted differently, his mom was even surprised. He took breakfast with her... talked with her... listened to her...

 

He now had a real family, like the air he had felt with Kris.

 

"Hey Tao, I have a surprise to you." His mom giggled.

 

When Tao opened the box, he nearly fainted.

 


 

Tao knocked on Kris's door.

 

Pressed on the doorbell unti he wore out.

 

and then Kris finally answered.

 

"Who is there?" Tao heard a strained yell.

 

"I-It's Tao. Huang Zitao ... your neighbour!"

 

Several clicks, more crashes...

 

Kris opened the door, his hair sticking out and still in his pyjamas. "What?" asked Kris, then scratched his head.

 

"I'll introduce to you my brother." Tao triggered Kris to roll his eyes.

 

"Why wou-- oh..."

 

"Kris. This is Yifan... He's my umm..  brother..." Kris eyes' widened. They looked so similar... way too similar. Strangers would even mistaken them as brothers- even twins. The only differences were, Yifan's hair was tied and its color was the same shade of black as Tao's hair.

 

"O-Oh.. welcome to my home... Sorry if it's messy."

 


 

"Tao.. I'm sorry for that accident... We almost killed ourselves." apologized Kris, his attention went to fiddling his fingers.

 

"I'm the one who's supposed to be sorry... if I have--" reasoned out Tao, it was only now that he realized that it was his fault... Well, to be honest, no one has the right to take the blame alone. They both had their mistakes...  especially Kris.

 

Kris picked out something from his pocket, a thing that was familiar to Tao's eyes... a book ... a book that seemed nothing... a worn out book... with torn edges and seemed to be dipped into a pool for five days... a book that was something special to Kris, the thing that made him feel connected with Tao...

 

"Here." Kris handed it to him and pocketed both of his hands, his face tainted with bright pink as he looked away to avoid Tao's gaze.

 

"Why? I gave it to you." Tao tried to gave it back but Kris softly pushed it back on Tao's chest.

 

"No no no... it's yours in the first place." Then Kris smiled, a smile that the younger boy had miss- probably for months.

 

"What? I gave it to you."

 

"And now I'm giving it back." Kris smiled once more and Tao flipped through the chipped pages until he saw one sticky note on the middle.

 

I love this book.

This book represents you.

I could never have someone as precious as this.

But you can have a plain person like me.

-Kris

 

"K-Kris..."

 

The twinkle on Tao's eyes was something Kris's hasn't seen in his lifetime... and he was glad to witness it... right now... at this moment.

 

"...I'm not as special as you think..."

 

"...I am flattered..."

 

"...B-But ... You already molded me from the ve-" Tao was cut when Kris soft lips pressed onto his. The older hand descended on his nape...

 

I am now yours.

 


 

"SURPRISE!" Tao lifted his hand away from Kris's eyelids.

 

"A-A Tandem Bike?!" gulped Kris. "This must've cost a fortune." The way Kris's eyes glittered made Tao flash a triumphant grin. Actually, it took him eight months to save for that (not to mention the little add on by his hyung, which was really not-so-little).

 

While Tao was still grinning like an idiot, Kris was on the front seat already, his fingers perfectly curled on the handle bars. "What are you waiting for?"

 

Tao hopped on the back seat. They pedalled down the park, where they passed a man-made lake and rows of flowers and bright evergreen trees.

 

Then they were riding again uphill, this time with Kris more focused on the path.

 

Tao slowly elevated from his seat, either of his arms sprawled out... the wind gushed pass through them, flowing fluidly on his clothes... on his hair...

 

Kris gave him a wonderful gift...

 

That's being free.

 

and enjoying riding a bike once more.

 

 

 

 

FIN.

 

 


 

Author's note : So that's it :)) bye bye~

 

ConverseLover600-Paradies_dictator-experiment-mediocre-fanfictions!
(Warning : May have tons of grammatical errors. All stories are un-betaed)

Super Junior

EunHae : When in Rome . When in South Korea . Connect The Dots . Heavy Rain. Heavenly Pain. Am I still Sane?
TeukChul : Oh God Please
YeWook : I'm still human. I still have feelings I . I'm still human. I still have feelings II
KyuWook : Stars Do Bleed

EXO

TaoRis : Wheels and Pedals . Arm Around Your Waist . Kiss Me Hard
KaiSoo : Attention Is Mine . Faded From Moonlights
HunHan and BaekYeol:
Arm Around Your Waist

PS : Edited chapters will be re-uploaded every Friday of the week the chapter is released