Chapter 4

Wheels and Pedals

Chapter 4


A week.

Yes, a lengthy and bloody week for Tao to endure this.

 

As much as Tao despises his mom, who's now in a business trip, he would actually prefer if she was actually here than being with his neighbour who smiles every frickin' second. What do you know, his mom hired Kris as his petty babysitter (well, not exactly hired becaus Kris declined the payment) who would watch him in all the things which are supposedly comfortable to do but with his presence, it was pretty awkward for Tao.

 

"Kris-hyung.." Tao lazily called, hanging his legs on the coffee table.

 

"Drop the hyung."

 

"Whatever-" Tao rolled his eyes. "-get some oreos in the fridge, peanut butter and a breadknife." He was irritated seeing Kris's face, if he could just let that sickly smile disappear, he'd be satisfied, at least for a day.

 

Minutes passed and some loud clanging echoed from the kitchen which made Tao flinch from his seat. He wondered what took Kris so long to look a jar, a knife and a pack of oreo. He stood up, dragging his feet on the floor. He turned the tv off and threw the remote back at the couch.

 

"Hey, what's this ruck--" Tao looked at the tiles, some boxes tumbling on his feet and he stared now at Kris which made him blankly gaped.

 

"Holy , what is this?!" He pointed at some scattered of his favorite cereals and unorganized utensils. Kris was on the floor, rubbing his head.

 

"O-Oh.. sorry... I was reaching for the peanut butter on top of the cupboard but I underestimated the height..oww" Kris leaned on one of the cabinets, hoping that Tao's response would not be loud and outrageous that he'll be screaming or kicking anything that his eyes would lay on.

 

Luckily, wish granted.

 

Tao helped Kris up, not making eye contact. He was mad-- furious. He's a neat freak and he's not going to clean this up when he's not the one who did this. "You could've used the stool you know." He said in a lowly voice. "Plus, there's an open one here in the fridge."

 

Kris slapped his forehead, inside of him laughing at his stupidity and cursing for the mess he made. But, he could feel that Tao was glaring at him even if the man's expression was just neutral and cold. Tao slammed the fridge in place, holding packs of oreo, a peanut butter and the handle of the knife between his lips.

 

"Fix the kitchen, arayt?" Tao inaudibly said but Kris understood.

 

- -

 

"What's that you're eating?" Kris pointed at the peanut butter filled oreo Tao was eating, suddenly feeling something swirl in his stomach. His scrunched up face was irritating that Tao just pulled him by one hand down the couch exhaling an oof.

 

"Try it first before judging, okay?" Tao forced the oreo into Kris's mouth which almost made the other choke. Kris slowly munch the oreo which wasn't that disgusting after all but the texture was a bit disgusting, that was his only comment.

 

Kris swallowed the whole thing and sighed in relief while Tao was giving off a what-do-you-think-look. "Can I have another?" Kris wanted to slap his mouth for saying that but he hoped a smile would appear on the other's face. But, the lord did not grant that for now.

 

"Here." Tao placed a plateful of oreos between them and eyed Kris dangerously for sitting to close with him. Kris got the message and scooted a little bit to his right.

 

After a few oreos, Kris got used to the taste. He actually found it good but the texture was a big no no.. he just has to live and endure it. He stared at Tao, who was blankly looking at the tv, clenching the remote with his hand once the killer from the tv attacked the girl from behind. He noticed that Tao's fingers was shivering as he was reaching the last oreo.

 

Though Kris did not mean it, their hands grazed on each other which made the younger flinch. Tao felt his hand warm up and it spread like butterflies escaping from its hiding. He didn't like this feeling-- nauseatic .. burning .. uncomfortable .. embarrassed. It's ruining him.

 

Tao looked to his right; Kris was staring at him..

 

Those eyes, they're the one causing him to be dizzy and Tao despised that.

 

For some reason, the older's blond hair glowed in an oddly way. He knew it was his imagination, nothing more.. nothing less. He tried closing his eyes for a second but only to find out that they're a couple of inches away from each other.

 

He was paralyzed, his hands were frozen in place and Kris kept getting closer and closer to his face. A hand touched his skin and Tao could not help but close his eyes. The other's breathing was on his face. His heart was racing, terribly fast, so was his exhales. He bit his lower lip just to pour the uneasiness building in his stomach.

 

Then that hand, brushed on his cheek.

 

Tao sweared, he could hit Kris once he's done counting.

 

One.

Two.

Thr-

 

"There's something on your lips." Kris whispered, wiping off the black crumbs the tip of the other's lip. Tao opened his eyes, finding Kris a couple of centimeters away. He blushed.. he did. "You're red. Are you alright? Do you have a fever or anything." Kris placed his hand on Tao's forehead. "Doesn't seem like it. Rest well kiddo." He ruffled that jet black hair.

 

Tao sighed. He really thought that Kris was about to kissed him.

But gladly, he didn't..

Yet, why wasn't he relieved?


 

Author's note : Is it moving fast? Comment so I can know what to improve on. /wink/ wink

 

ConverseLover600-Paradies_dictator-experiment-mediocre-fanfictions!
(Warning : May have tons of grammatical errors. All stories are un-betaed)

Super Junior

EunHae : When in Rome . When in South Korea . Connect The Dots . Heavy Rain. Heavenly Pain. Am I still Sane?
TeukChul : Oh God Please
YeWook : I'm still human. I still have feelings I . I'm still human. I still have feelings II
KyuWook : Stars Do Bleed

EXO

TaoRis : Wheels and Pedals . Arm Around Your Waist . Kiss Me Hard
KaiSoo : Attention Is Mine . Faded From Moonlights
HunHan and BaekYeol: 
Arm Around Your Waist

PS : Edited chapters will be re-uploaded every Friday of the week the chapter is released