Chapter 2: The Game Has Begun

The Hot Game

~ Author's POV ~

'It can't be her.'

Nicole looked at Jaejoong, "Do I have something on my face?"

Hyeongkon waved hand and shook his head, "Aniyo."

"Ok, that's good," she gave an eye smile.

The boys gave their self introductions to her as she examined them. 

"Well now that the introductions are finished, Nicole why don't you them to the resting room for a while. We need to get the game ready for them," Jaejoong stared at Nicole, who gave a nod in response.

"Please follow me," Nicole smiled.

A-JAX followed behind her as they exited out of the room. They were once again in the fully lit hallway, passing many tall doors. Nicole stopped in front of a purple cushioned door and slowly opened it. As she stepped inside, Nicole gestured A-JAX to come in also. The so called 'resting room' was huge, making the boys think what other kind of rooms are in this place. When you enter the room, you only see a buffet but there is actually a home theater connected to it on the right. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjENwaP--N3DFPUgGQe6y images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR030wTsnqS0_rlnTcUPyR

"WOW~" the three maknaes said in sync. 

Nicole giggled but quickly composed herself, "Please make yourself comfortable for now. It will take a while for Master to set up the game for you guys. If you have any questions, please do ask either me or the staff around here."

There were 2 tall good-looking butlers bowed towards A-JAX as they stood next to door in the room. 

"Actually, I have a question," Hyojun hesitatingly asked, not knowing if he should really ask her.

Nicole looked at him with a curious look, "Hmm, what is it?"

"Umm.." Hyojun started to play with his fingers, "what kind of game are we going to play?"

"Well, I'm not sure because when a new game begins, it's always different. I'm sorry I couldn't answer your question," Nicole apologized.

Hyojun gave a light chuckle, "It's fine, it isn't your fault you can't answer it."

Nicole showed a polite smile, "Well feel free to eat as much as you like, our chefs made a different variety of foods for you to taste."

She pointed at the table of food that Seungjin, Seungyub, and Sungmin were already grabbed food from. 

"It seems like everything is fine, I shall excuse myself," Nicole bowed as she walked out of the room, shutting it close.

Jaehyung and Hyeongkon let out a big breath as if they were drowning in invisible water earlier. 

"We need to talk you guys," Hyeongkon motioned them to gather around the chairs in the theater.

Hyeongkon and Jaehyung were the first one to be seated, trying to think about what's going on. Hyojun and Yunyoung sat beside them, following Seungyub, Seungjin, and Sungmin who just finished getting their food. There was a strong silence between them, as they stared at each other.

"Nicole definitely seem familiar," Jaehyung broke the silence. 

The group nodded, knowing what he's talking about.

"She looks exactly like Yong Joo but with blonde hair," Seungjin bit his lip.

Sungmin sighed, "But it can't be her..."

Yong Joo... With just her name, it caught A-JAX's eyes and curiosity when they were in elementary school. Even when they were just 10 years old, they were still together and called themselves A-JAX. [NOTE: I made everyone in the group the same age] When they were looking through the year book, they found a girl named Yong Joo, which also means dragon ball. They laughed at her name but wondered what a girl named dragon ball was like. With curiosity taking over their body, they searched around school for her. Once they finally met her, they found out she was the same age as them and hardly knew Korean. Yong Joo was a transfer student from California, so the boys decided to take her around. Soon their friendship hit off just like that. She was the only girl, that A-JAX casually talk and hang out with. Having a dorky and natural personality, the 7 boys were easily fond of her. She wasn't like those fake girls that tried to act different around them. There weren't many downs in their friendship, like fan girls bullying her since Yong Joo was definitely pretty and well liked around school, but there were definitely many ups. Their friendship lasted until 8th grade... That was when she disappeared.. Of course the boys were devastated and depressed when they weren't able to contact or find her. The only person that was able to enter their private circle was now gone, disappearing from their sight. After the incident, they agreed that they will never allow anyone enter their circle again, making it Yong Joo's position only. 

"But, don't you guys think this is getting a bit suspicious," Seungyub took a bite from his food.

The boys agreed, leaving everyone in silence. 

"Having the game at the same time as her birthday is just..." Hyeongkon started to trail off.

"Is just weird," Jaehyung finished his sentence for him.

"Anyways," Yunyoung changed the subject, "I think we should make a promise to our selves."

Seungjin raised his eyebrow, "What kind of promise?"

"We need to promise we will never go against each other. We will always trust and believe each other, no matter what happens," Yunyoung stated.

The boys looked at him, surprised he was saying that. But then they realized that maybe the reasons why most of the guys that played the game lost, was either because they didn't believe or went against each other at the very end. Putting their fist together, they stared at each other. 

Hyeongkon, being the leader, led the talking, "We promise that we will always be together, never distrusting or going against each other. No matter what happens, we are always together." 

Everyone nodded and yelled in sync, "A-JAX!"

After having their meeting finished, they decided to take Nicole's advice and made themselves comfortable. Stuffing themselves with delicious food and watched a few movies, they didn't know 3 hours passed by until Nicole came back into the room. 

"Everything is ready so Master would like the 7 of you to come back," Nicole spoke as the members nodded and dropped everything their doing.

The members followed behind her, getting a bit nervous with every step they take. Entering back into the throne room, they saw Jaejoong was still seated, waiting for them.

Nicole bowed, "I have brought them here."

Jaejoong got up from his chair and walked towards Nicole. He patted her head, as the other members watched.

"Good job, now please fetch me my amulet before we get started, I still need to explain the rules to them," Jaejoong instructed Nicole, who nodded. 

She exited out of the room, leaving A-JAX and Jaejoong alone (excluding the butlers). Jaejoong turned to face them 7 boys, who was staring at him with attentive looks.

"Now the rules are simple: 1. You can never leave the game until the end 2. You may only use the clues given, you may not ask the staff or Nicole for help 3. There will be punishments through out the game 4. Answer the question right, you win," Jaejoong quickly explained, "Any questions?"

"Punishments?!" Hyojun with a surprised tone in his voice.

Jaejoong nodded, "Don't worry, you should be able to figure out how to receive punishments with the clues I'll give out. Also, you have to find the clues in the place you are in so Nicole will come to you to give you a riddle on where the clue is."

A-JAX looked at each other with suspcious looks on their faces. Soon Nicole came back with a red small jewlrey box in her hands. She slowly opened the box for Jaejoong as he took out the amulet that was in it. It had a small blue shiny crystal in the middle and some kind of weird flowery design. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTg0r7kZTe9AuNnt5h4NY6

Jaejoong wrapped it around his neck, "Thank you Nicole."

Nicole bowed and closed the case, as she stood beside A-JAX. 

"Now, the question that you will be answering is: What is the hot game?" Jaejoong announced.

A-JAX nodded, thinking about anything that happened could be help with the game. 

Nicole stood in front of them, "The hint on where the clue is: I am where the sun shines upon me, while the moon lights me."

The boys looked at her with confused looks, while Jaejoong couldn't help but chuckle at their reaction. He motioned the butlers to hand A-JAX a small red bag for each member to hold. 

Jaejoong pointed to the bags, "When you think you know the answer, you may open the bag and I will determine if you got it right."

The boys's examined their bag and stuffed it in their pants or jacket pocket. With everything explained, the boys were now ready. Nicole gave them a small smile and nod while the butlers bowed. 

"The game shall commence now," Jaejoong clapped his hands together with a grin on his face.

The necklace started to glow, blinding A-JAXs's eyes from seeing. Then the scenery changed from a throne room into a room in a large cathedral. The seven boys were a bit shocked by the sudden scenery until Yunyoung spoke.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqCfjtNiZIxro21w6zjBV

"Where do you guys think the clue is?" Yunyoung questioned.

Seungjin repeated the hint out loud, "I am where the sun shines upon me, while the moon lights me."

"Let's take a look around and then we could discuss where it is," Sungmin suggested.

Everyone agreed and they soon took off, looking around the cathedral. While back in the throne room, the floor was showing what was happening with A-JAX as if it was a monitor. Jaejoong walked back to his seat and stared at the floor, examining every move. He then looked at Nicole, who was watching the monitor, with a blank expression on her face.

"Nicole," Jaejoong called out, making Nicole turn her attention towards him, "You may rest now."

She hesitatingly nodded and soon her body slowly disappeared, leaving only a small light. The light quickly exited out of the room, leaving a small trail of mist. While with A-JAX, they were walking around as they tried to examine every inch, checking if it could be where the clue is. After examining for a few minutes, Hyeongkon gathered everyone to discuss where they think the clue is. 

"It could be on one of the windows," Jaehyung pointed out.

Seungyub waved his hands, "Ani, that would be too obvious. If it was there, we would've already seen it."

Jaehyung agreed and rubbed his chin to think a bit more. 

Hyojun raised his hand, "I have to add that we do already have one clue."

"What is it?" Hyeongkon raised a brow.

"The hot game is a thing I suppose since Jaejoong-shi did say what, which means it's an object right?" Hyojun smiled.

Everyone nodded, realizing what he said was true. So they technically have 1 clue, now they need the 2nd. They kept on thinking, but nothing came up in mind. 

Seungjin suggested, "Why don't we check the windows, just in case if the clue is there."

The boys walked to the windows in the cathedral, checking if there was a note attached to it. After checking every window, there was no sign of a note. They paced around, brain storming where it could be. 

Yunyoung snapped his fingers, "I think I know where it is."

"Chincha? Where?" Sungmin started to jump a bit. 

Yunyoung gestured them to follow as he walked to where the light was shining on the floor of the cathedral. He tapped on the floor, checking if there was a hallow sound. With just 3 taps on the feet, it was definitely hallow. Yunyoung squatted and tried to feel for a line, separating the fake floor from the actual cathedral floor. He soon found the line and tried to lift it but was a bit too heavy for him.

"A little help here?" Yunyoung stared at his friends, who were watching him as if he teaching a lesson.

Hyeongkon helped out and they soon lifted up the fake floor, which was hiding a small pit with a envelope in it. Seungyub grabbed the envelope and tore it open.

He began to read it out loud, "Even with a slight movement, it could change everything."

"That clue doesn't seem to help," Seungjin raised a brow. 

Yunyoung shrugged, "At least we got one clue, we just need a few more to go."

"Yeah," Hyeongkon agreed as he hit Seungjin's back, making him yelp in pain while the members laughed.

While with Jaejoong, the room that he was watching them in wasn't the clean European throne room. It was now full with rusty black cages with figures lying on the floor of it, a bit lifeless. 

"They seem to be doing good, so far," Jaejoong smirked as he monitored them. 

He stood up from his chair and walked towards the cages. He touched one of the cages and examined the figure, staring back at him with soft breathing. Bending down, he touched the figure's cold skin.

"How should I send you out, hmm?" Jaejoong questioned, "Let's make things more interesting."

Jaejoong got up and walked toward 4 other cages that were near by, "I might send you 4 after also."

His eye's turned red for a few seconds as he stared at the 5 cages that he decided to bring out. The cages began to shake a little as screams echoed the room, making Jaejoong smile evilly while he walked back to his throne. 

The seven boys didn't know that from here on out, this game is not what they think it is.

 


Finally updated! First I would like to thank everyone for being patient with me, since with all the server problems with the site. I haven't been able to update (especially my other fanfics that got some work wiped out) so here it is. How is it so far?? I at making serious/action fanfics.. Then again this is the first time I've ever wrote one so mianhae if it's bad. I'll try my best to update this as soon as possible (Since I could get distracted on waiting for Kara's next album xP). School's coming up so I'll try to add a few more chapters before I get busier. 

Saranghae to all my subscribers and commenters!

Bjdce.gif