Chapter 9: Final

The Hot Game

~Author's POV~

A fast kick was made towards Yunyoung by his friend Hyeongkon but luckily he was swift enough to dodge it. A sigh of relief helplessly escaped his mouth –he knew those attacks would hurt a lot from past experiences. Taking a quick glance, he noticed the latter that was just lounging on his throne, watching him in amusement.

It added oil to the fire.

Yunyoung was too late to regret taking his attention off the male that was attacking him, who was his own friend at that. He clenched his teeth as his stomach took the ugly blow from Hyeongkon’s steel fist. Only letting out a grunt, Yunyoung managed to lift up his arm and swung it right across the smirk across the latter’s face.

Of course he felt bad doing it, but what can he do? It’s self-defense.

Just before Yunyoung managed to soak in the pain and lift up his head, his friend was gone. No body, not even a single drop of blood was found. Confused, questions rushed through his mind, but it didn’t last long until he felt a cold presence wrapped around his arms into a lock.

Suddenly, in front of him was now Sungmin, who was already flying his fist towards Yunyoung. It felt like a rock being thrown at his cheek at lightning fast speed. His knees hit the ground, his hands curling up as he tried his best not to yell out in pain. From the corner of his eyes once he looked up, Yunyoung realized Seungjin was the one that was holding him.

In a split second, Yunyoung felt a knee kick connecting to the back of his spine from Seungjin. This time he couldn’t help but cry out in utter pain. His face now against the cold floor, a low laughter echoed in his ears. It continued on as every second passed on and hits were being thrown at him, haunting him. Clenching his teeth together, he pushed himself up before swiftly tripping his friends onto the ground furiously. Yunyoung kicked the stomachs of the two until they eventually disappeared in front of him. Still, the haunting laughter continued.

Bam

Yunyoung saw the ceiling of the room and grey floor in a different perspective with just a matter of seconds. The impact made his head ring a bit, while his vision was blurry, but he still was able to make out the devious yet charming smirk of his friend, Jaehyung.

“Dammit,” Yunyoung muttered lowly to himself, tasting the iron in his mouth.

Jaehyung gripped Yunyoung’s collar and pulled the injured male to stand up. He then gave a hard punch across the bruised up Yunyoung. The handsome male then gave a powerful kick directly towards his stomach.

Cough Cough

His eyes stared at the bright color of his fresh blood as the laughing continued. It rang his ears as his blood boiled even more. Just when Jaehyung was about to give one more kick towards him, Yunyoung grabbed his leg in his bruised hand and turned his own body to trip the male in his grasp. The handsome male slammed directly onto the hard floor and entered a quick head lock between Yunyoung’s legs. Grunting, he tried his best to break free. In a matter of seconds, Yunyoung’s grasp on Jaehyung disappeared. In his hand was now sand, just like before.

Yunyoung continue took heavy breaths in and out of his body. The more he tried to breathe, the more his bruises hurt. His dark brown eyes stared at the ceiling, blinking slowly. From the corner of his eyes, he saw a familiar face looking down at him.

It was Seungyub.

Immediately pushing himself up, Yunyoung placed his defense up.

Bam Bam

He watched as his friend collapsed onto the ground as the bullets went through his body. Soon a puddle of blood formed around his chest. Yunyoung’s eyes shook with horror, processing what just happened seconds ago.

“Thought I’ll help you out with killing him,” he heard Jaejoong spoke in such carefree way that made Yunyoung snap.

A rush of strength was sent through his body. Yunyoung jumped up from the floor and ran towards Jaejoong. He gripped the handsome male’s collar t-shirt, placing his face just a few inches away from him.

“You… You…” Yunyoung drifted off, unable to find the right words to express how he feels.

“Yes?” the latter answered in a mocking tone. “How may I help you?”

“Why don’t you get out of that form,” Yunyoung gave the deadliest glare he could make. “Nicole.”

A small grin crept onto the sculpted male’s face as his cold black eyes stared into Yunyoung’s eyes unfazed. Instead his eyes sparked with amusement, not with fear. The bruised male watch as Jaejoong’s skin began to peel off like a snake shedding. Jaejoong’s once manly face turned into pretty feminine features. His short black hair grew longer and turned dirty blonde. Yunyoung continue to watch this transformation until he was shoved by the other. She was no longer wearing a stunning dress like usual, but a pair of black shorts that exposed her long slim legs and tightly fit shirt vest, which comforted her perfect curves.

“I’m impressed, nobody actually figures it out.”

“Well I’m not just anybody,” Yunyoung answered arrogantly.

A sharp silver sword formed in Nicole’s small hands as she said, “I haven’t formally introduced myself. I’m Nicole, head of the demon games.”

In just a matter of seconds, the sword came swinging towards Yunyoung. It probably would’ve sliced his hide in half, if he did not dodge is quickly enough. A few strands of his brown-orange hair that took the attack, fell to the ground.

“Isn’t it unfair to have a weapon while I don’t?”

Nicole gave a light laugh and grin, “Demons keep their words but we aren’t nice.”

Touché, Yunyoung smirked as he dodged the flying sword. He then tried to kick her once she was closer to him. Unfortunately, she’s fast on her feet just like him. Nicole easily dodged his kick and charged her sword towards him, who managed to dodge it also.

 “You humans are annoying,” the female growled and threw a high kick towards Yunyoung.

He used his arm to block her kick. His arm stung in pain, who knew she could have that much strength. Yunyoung swung his fist towards her stomach. The demon winced in pain but kept an amused smile on her face.

“Always trying to be the hero,” Nicole stated and clenched her sword in her hands, “you guys turn blind when it comes to love.”

She ran towards him and swung her sword towards him.

“Betraying the people you love just for a single person that you barely know,” the female yelled. “The trust that takes long to build is easily destroyed by a person and doubt!”

Yunyoung swiftly moved to the side and tried to trip the demon but failed.

“Even when wrong, you rotten humans don’t want to admit it,” Nicole screamed and once again tried to attack the latter. “Every single human that managed to get to this point gives up their friends just to survive.”

The sword wounded Yunyoung shoulder, making the male groan in pain. Even though it stung like hell, he knew it was not the right time to let his guard down. He managed to gather enough strength to kick her away from him. Her free hand held her wounded stomach as a demonic smile carved onto her face.

“You say, ‘We will always be together, from thick to thin’ but you never give a second thought about turning your back once it involves your own life. Hypocritical and stubborn, that’s what you humans are.”

In a blink of an eye, Nicole ran towards Yunyoung and used the bunt of her sword to hit his head. He fell down by the sudden blow and held his head in pain. Every time he blinked, his vision was blurry. All he could make out was the Nicole was standing over him with the sword just a few inches from his chest.

“That Yong Joo girl, I was really surprised to meet a human that looked exactly like me,” she said, her eyes dark and blank. “I wasn’t going to do anything to her until she mentioned about her dear friends.”

“Unnie, are you ok?”

Nicole looked down at the small girl, who held a banquet of wild flowers. She could not help but question if this little girl was talking to her. Her chocolate brown eyes stared at the concerned child. Getting a longer look at her, Nicole realized the girl looked exactly like her. That’s interesting, Nicole held back a grin.

“I’m fine,” she answered. “Haven’t your parents taught you to not talk to strangers?”

The little girl shrugged and took a seat next to the older female on the bench.

“You don’t seem to be mean or evil looking, plus you seem to be really sad,” the girl said.

Turning her body, the girl presented the banquet to Nicole, who looked at her puzzled.

“I made a banquet of flowers to hopefully cheer you up!” the girl smiled angelically.

Nicole stared at the banquet then the girl, she could not help but crack a smile and laugh. She's so cute and innocent, Nicole thought. 

“Thank you,” she said accepting it gratefully. “What’s your name?”

“My name is Yong Joo,” the girl introduced herself, beaming with happiness.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Nicole,” she returned a polite smile.

"Wah, does that mean Unnie is a foreigner?" Yong Joo eyes sparked with curiousity. 

Nicole hesitated but nodded, "You could say that" but I dont think hell is what you would count foreign. 

“Neh, Unnie,” Yong Joo called. “If you’re upset, why don’t you talk with your friends or family? I bet that will cheer you up!”

A sad smile formed onto Nicole’s lips as she answered, “I don’t have a family or friends...”

“Then I’ll be your friend!”

Surprised by the sudden outburst, Nicole cracked a wide smile and patted the top of the girl’s head. She really is an angel huh?

“Alright then, I’ll be in your care for now," Nicole smiled. 

“I’ll introduce you to my best friends, they are the best!” Yong Joo beamed proudly. “They are always there for me.”

Nicole’s smile faded away and turned into a thin line. She stared at the excited girl and could not help but frown. I need to protect you, Nicole thought.

“Unnie, when do you want to meet my frie-”

The two females disappeared, only mist filled their spots on the bench.

“I allowed Yong Joo to prove me wrong that her ‘friends’ would always be by her side,” Nicole said. “She asked each one of you to come with her, but all seven of you said no. None of you were able to see the fear in her eyes, even though you know her so well.”

Yunyoung didn’t know what to say, he was speechless. He clearly remembered the last time he spoke to Yong Joo. When refusing to go with her, he remembered the look on her face, filled with disappointment and sadness. But he did not manage to notice fear in her eyes at all.

It really was everyone’s fault.

Hyeongkon’s, Jaehyung’s, Hyojun’s, Sungmin’s, Seungyub’s, Seungjin’s, and his fault.

Everyone thought we knew Yong Joo so well, yet we never actually did.

“It was all your guys’ fault, yet she could never come to hate you!” Nicole yelled. “She would always smile every time her ‘friends’ are mentioned. You don’t’ deserve her, none of you do…”

Yunyoung’s vision started to blur and soon tears streamed down from his eyes. His heart ached, his composure broke altogether. Thinking, he tried to come up with what to say but all he could see is Yong Joo’s sweet smile that he missed so much. He stared into Nicole’s eyes that seemed to be wavering, probably holding back her emotions as much as possible. That was when he noticed something.

“W-why are you ‘protecting’ Yong Joo? Did you experience something similar? Possibly with Jaejoong-shi?” Yunyoung questioned, taking all his chances since he’s only a few more inches till death anyways.

From the corner of Nicole’s eyes, a tear dripped down her cheek. So it does involve Jaejoong-shi, Yunyoung thought.

Nicole clenched her teeth and retorted “That is none of your business!”

“You’re right, it isn’t my business but not everyone is way you think,” Yunyoung calmly stated. “We may not deserve Yong Joo, but we’ll fight our way to her like this.”

Yunyoung adjusted his body and wrapped his leg onto Nicole’s, pulling her down while he got himself back up. Now in a reverse position, Nicole was flat on the ground while he was on top. He swiftly kicked the sword out of her hand and pushed it away so it wasn’t even arm length. With the female between his legs, he squatted and wrapped his hands around her neck.

“Y-you r-really are s-something,” Nicole managed to say.

All of a sudden, Yunyoung’s hands were holding mist and Nicole was nowhere to be seen. He got up from the floor, obviously frightened if she may attack him again. Turning around, he spotted her grinning at him.

“You won, but I won’t let you take Yong Joo that easily,” Nicole said.

A mist formed around Nicole, making her disappear. In front of him was now 2 Yong Joos. His eyes widened in shock as both girls stare at him with their chocolate brown eyes.

“I want you to pick which Yong Joo is yours.”

Yunyoung was speechless, his jaw dropped. What was he going to do? If he picks the wrong person, it will all be his fault. Are you freakin' kidding me? he cursed. He placed all his attention onto the two females, but nothing seemed to be different. Both had the beauty mark at the corner of their mouth, a small slender nose, and moon crescent eyes. Right or Left? he kept asking himself. He bit the inside of his cheeks, totally frustrated with this challenge. His eyes examined each female from top to bottom. He decided to take another look at the two faces, trying his best to compare them.

“Ah!” Yunyoung exclaimed.

The Yong Joo standing on the right, her eyes seemed to be sparkling. It’s looked the exactly identical how her eyes would shine when she was super happy. Without another thought, Yunyoung ran towards the Yong Joo on the right and embraced her into a tight hug. He snuggled his face to her long black hair, taking in the fact that she’s finally back.

“I missed you,” he whispered softly yet sweetly.

He felt her arms slowly returning the hug, a smile formed upon his lips. From the corner of his eyes, he saw the other Yong Joo turn into Nicole. Her eyes were watery, but a genuine smile displayed on her face. Tears were streaming down her cheeks, but she didn’t seem to care. She ignored her image as an evil and cruel demon for a moment.

“Thank you,” Nicole softly said. 

Her voice lingered in his ear, making him shiver. Soon everything went black and he couldn’t hear anything.

 

“—wake up!” Yunyoung heard a familiar voice.

“Guys, he’s finally awake!”

His eyes could barely make out the people looking over him. He used his arm as leverage and tried to get up but a sharp pain stuck his head. Using his hand, he held his head as the people around him tried to help him.

“You really shouldn’t get up, just lay down! You’ve done enough for us!”

“Oh shut up Hyeongkon, you’re just going to make his head hurt more with your yelling.”

“I agree with Jaehyung Hyung!”

Yunyoung’s vision became clearer, he was able to recognize the faces even though it wasn’t needed because of their voices were pretty much a dead giveaway.

“Where are we?” Yunyoung managed to ask.

Seungjin smiled, “We are finally home.”

A wide smile curved onto Yunyoung’s lips, he smiled happily at his best friends. Then he suddenly realized there was a person missing. Looking around for the certain person, it wasn’t until he heard the door creek open.

“I brought some water—” Yong Joo stopped at the middle of her sentence. “You’re finally awake!”

The female ran towards him, placing the glass of water onto the nearest flat surface, and gave him a tight hug. Surprised for a moment, Yunyoung quickly recovered from the shock and returned the hug. Once releasing from the hug, the group stared at each other in silence. Not one person spoke, only the sound of the breathing could be heard. The males and female gathered together and gave a group hug, each one trying to fight back the tears that were threatening their eyes. But everyone failed to.

No one had to say a single word, all of them vowed for the same thing.  

“I will never lose you guys again.” 

 


Author's Note

I've finally reached the ending, Thank you to everyone that's been following the story till the end! Sorry it took so long, I've been having trouble with writing the ending. Writers block ! ( = 3 = ) I'm on winter break so hopefully I'll be able to update on my other fanfics, if not post oneshots I've written (LOL SPOILER ALERT). Hope you guys liked it, really sorry for everything being so dramatic :P (the story seems too lame, sorry!) 

IMPORTANT NOTE: Even though the story is technically over, I'll hopefully be posting one/two side stories with it. One about Nicole's past (Jaejoong *wink wink) and another about Yong Joo's life with Nicole (still deciding). It's not that important where it will change the whole story entirely but it's just something I have an idea for. If you get an alert about the story being updated, it's most likely the side stories :) Thank you!