Chapter 8: Almost Winning the Game

The Hot Game

~ Author's POV ~

The low grunt left the black haired male’s mouth, his fingers pressed against his throbbing temple. His heavy eyelids slowly opened, showing a slightly lit room with bars wrapped around him like a cage. Lifting himself up from the white floor, he observed his surroundings hoping to find out where he was. The last thing he remembered was hearing his best friend yell out his name and then everything went black.

“You wake up pretty fast,” a voice snapped him out of his train of thought, “compared to your other friends.” Seungyeob craned his head to where the voice was coming from, and finally spotted Jaejoong outside of the cage. “I still haven’t set up your place to stay yet,” Jaejoong tapped the tip of his chin, examining the male from head to toe.

Seungyeob’s eyes narrowed as his lips formed into a thin line, “What did you do to them?”

Jaejoong ignored the answer coolly and began to walk around him. With Seungyeob’s gaze following the figure, carefully examining him, he let out a sigh, “I guess you’re just going to have to wait till I get it ready.” A smirk formed on his face, “In the meantime, I’ll leave you company.” He quickly disappeared into mist, leaving the puzzled male alone, well for now.

Minutes passed, but all felt like hours, the silence was torturing as well as the closed space was suffocating. Suddenly, the sound of heels hitting the floor replaced the silence, catching his attention. The appearance of a girl with long black hair was set in front of his eyes. Her familiar warming features, smile, and scent was just too hard to believe. Looking over his shoulders, his eyes followed the figure until she disappeared suddenly. Then a warm touch crawled upon his shoulder causing him to move fix his gaze to the side of him. Her sparkling eyes captured his gaze, the sight of her made it impossible for him to not be astonished or bewildered.

“Seungyeob,” his name was called out by her sweet voice.

The sudden pain rushed through his skull, a loud groan escaped his mouth. Holding his head in his hands, his legs begun to grow weak eventually his knees hit the floor. In the corner of his eyes he saw the girl watching him with no expression, like a doll. His heavy eyelids made it harder for him to stay awake; soon it closed making everything go black once again. What is going on? he thought to himself.

 

“It’s…” Yunyoung gulped, before gathering all his courage to say his answer, “Yong Joo.”

At first the silence appeared again until a laugh came out of Jaejoong’s mouth, Yunyoung was surprised. Did he say something wrong? The male clapped his hands together with a wide smirk on his sculpted face.

“Bravo,” he said, easing Yunyoung, “you may be the only one that will actually win my game.”

His heart began to calm down a bit, he wasn’t wrong. Now that he knew that he wasn’t wrong, there were questions he wanted answered now. “Now what have you done to my friends and Yong Joo?”

“If you want to see them so badly, I don’t mind showing you.”

The rattling noises of metal clacking together as well dust flying in the air grew. Seven rusted cages, the structure like a bird’s cage, settled in front of them. The dark figures in them would’ve been hard to recognize if no one told him they were his friends. Scratches and dirt marks on their faces plus the uneven breathing made Yunyoung even more worried about them. The bodies lay on the floor of the cages, looking practically lifeless.

His eyes not leaving the cages, Yunyoung bit the inside of his cheeks. “What did you do to them?”

Jaejoong smirked and crossed his arms in front of his chest, “More like what you have done to them.” He saw the confused expression on the male’s face; he let out a soft chuckle. “Anyways,” he brushed it off, “what is your wish?”

“I wish my friends and Yong Joo to be freed.”

Shaking his head, Jaejoong said, “That’s not possible. You may only choose your friends or Yong Joo.”

“But you said-” Yunyoung spoke but was interrupted by Jaejoong.

“I did but,” Jaejoong said, he reached into one of the cages and lifted the head of a tattered and scared Yong Joo, “playing a game for free doesn’t exist in this world. Games involve both sides gaining something, is it not? A gaming company earns something every time you play its games.”

Yunyoung bit his lip, speechless what to say next for what he said was true. “Then,” he began, “is there a way to get my friends and Yong Joo back.”

Jaejoong withdrew his hand from the girl’s cold skin and smiled in amusement. The female’s head dropped down again, lying against the cage floor. “Are you sure you want to free your friends, not just Yong Joo?” Jaejoong questioned. “They questioned each other’s trust which led them to getting punished, is that what real friends do?”

“We questioned each other’s trust but we never betrayed each other at the very end,” Yunyoung remarked rather intelligently. “So yes, I would like to free my friends also, since they would probably do the same if they were in my position.”

It’s a long time since it’s been this interesting Jaejoong thought. Teleporting to the opposite side of the room, the familiar sight of mist appeared and uncovered his throne. Taking a seat, Jaejoong crossed his legs and pointed to the cages, “Then you must defeat me.”

The seven cages rattled except one, which floated towards Jaejoong and positioned beside him. Yunyoung noticed it was Yong Joo’s cage, meaning all his friends are in front of him. Screams came out of the cages, frightening the young male. As soon as the screams stopped the cage doors opened in sync, revealing his friends in a better looking condition. Yunyoung spotted Sungmin coming towards him quickly with his fist curled up in a tight ball. Swinging his arm at his face, Yunyoung quickly dodged the attack, obviously bewildered on what’s happening. So I have to defeat my friends first?! Yunyoung thought as he swiftly dodged one of Hyeongkon’s high kicks.

 


Author's Note

One more chapter to go! Anyone excited?!  lol I know I am :3 The next chapter will have a bit more actions that these boring ones. Like to thank everyone for being with me till now, I really appreciate the support! Saranghae!~ 

Please comment, no silent readers please >.<, I really want to know what you guys think of the story by now. Thanks!~