Chapter 7: The Final Clue

The Hot Game

~Author's POV~

"Seungyub!~" Yunyoung screamed as his eyes widened.

He reached his arm out and tried to grab his friend's but was a moment to late as the book Seungyub in. The book closed and dropped onto the floor with a loud thud. Just witnessing his best friend being in a book was something Yunyoung would never imagine to see once in his life. Kneeling on the floor, he picked up the book and tried to open it but was sealed shut, like each page was super glued together. Throwing it against the wall of the library, this was the first time he ever felt this upset during the game. Letting out a big sigh, he got up from the floor and dusted off the dirt on his pants. He knew he had to finish this game, for his best friends who were probably at somewhere almost near the feeling of hell. 

Looking at the pile of books left on the desk, he sighed loudly. Rubbing his temples, he continued to think of possible clues he might've over seen. Not wanting to risk his life on just opening the wrong book, he leaned against the table. Tapping his fingers against the table, he ruffled his hair in fustration. 

"What is it?!" he asked himself. 

"Oppa, look what I found," the sweet young girl exclaimed as she ran towards him with a thin brown cover book. 

Turning around, he placed the book he got out before back onto the shelf. Looking at his childhood friend that was dressed in a white dress that was knee length and had only spagetti straps. He placed his right index on his lips, reminding her that they were still in the library. The girl gasped and placed her hand over , she tried hard not to giggle. 

Whispering this time, she showed it to him, "It's a old fairytale book that Umma used to read to me. It's called "Beauty and the Beast," it's a great story!"

Receiving the book from her, he looked at the front cover, unsure if he should take her word. The cover didn't seem to be the type he liked to read. He looked at her with an hesitate expression as her big black pearly eyes stared at him. "I don't know Yong Joo," he said as he scratched the side of his head. 

She placed to her hands on her hips, shaking her head in disappointment, "Don't you know the saying?" Shaking his head, he waited for her to tell him what this saying is. 

"Don't judge a book by it's cover."

Yunyoung's lips formed into a smile, hearing it before. He patted her head, using his height to his advantage, causing the girl to pout. 

His fingers snapped, as his eyes gleamed in excitement. Looking through the pile of books, he tried to look for books that seems the least appealing for him. Picking out 3 from the piles on the desk, he examined all three of them, trying to come to a decision if he should take the chance to open it. He noticed that three of the book titles seemed awfully familiar. Picking up a book with a royal blue cover, he read the title to himself in a thick English accent The Little Mermaid, one of Yong Joo's favorite books. He smiled to himself as he touched the front cover. Opening it slowly, he probably should've thought about it more but his hand was moving unconciously, making him even more surprised. He forced his eyes shut, thinking that something will pop out of the book and drag him somewhere. But after a few seconds of closing his eyes, he didn't feel anything. Opening back his eyes, there was nothing coming out of book to his relief. Turning the dusted pages, he found a piece of paper that was wrinkled and looked slightly burnt. Taking it in his hand, he began to read the thin writing on it. 

"Gestures," he read the hint out loud. 

A big smile formed on his mouth as he folded the paper into his pocket. Smiling to himself, he knew he was on the right track. Taking the two books he picked out before, he placed it in front of him. Grabbing the thinnest book with a red cover, he read the title to himself Cinderella. The cover showed a forgein girl with a princess blue dress, running down the stairs of a palace. On one of the stairs, there placed was a glass slipper. Yep, definitely not a book I would probably read he thought to himself. Swiftly opening the book confidently, he turned the pages to find a clue. Finally spotting it, he unwrapped the paper and read the word that was written on it.

"Bewitches."

Placing the paper in his pocket where the others were, he grabbed the last book that was left in front of him. Placed in front was a picture of a girl with porcelian skin and chocolate brown hair in a gold dress, dancing with a beast in a suit. His smile widened as he noticed the familiar title. Beauty and the Beast he turned the cover open. Quickly taking out the hint that was placed in the 6th page of the book. You he read the hint to himself. Shoving his hand in his pocket, he took out the hints and placed it beside each other on the wooden table. Rearranging the hints in the right order, he read the sentence that was in front of him.

"It's gestures bewitches you," he read outloud as his hands gripped the edge of the table.

Grinning to himself, he placed the four pieces of paper in a neat pile before folding them into his pocket.Taking out the small red bag, he began to open the bag slowly. Soon smoke formed around him, going from his legs to his head. Slowly disappearing from the library, Yunyoung found himself in a dusty room with rusty cages around him. What the hell is this place? he questioned as his heart skipped a beat while he nervously waited for Jaejoong to appear from no where. 

"So you know the answer?" 

Jaejoong appeared behind him, making Yunyoung to jump. God why can't he just appear like a normal person Yunyoung patted his chest.

Nodding, Yunyoung clenched his fist together, "It's..."

 


Author's Note

Hey everyone! Merry Christmas~~ 

Sorry for such a boring/short chapter >.< Two more chapters to go thought!~ Do you guys know what the answer is?? :>  Gomawo to all my subscribers and commenters!