Chapter 5: The Third Clue

The Hot Game

~ Author's POV ~

"What is this game really?" The same thought ringing in Sungmin's and Seungjin's head as they stared at the figure that Jaejoong was standing next to with a smirk planted on his face. Jaejoong then pointed at them, making his eyes turn red. Their vision out as they fell onto their cage floor, only the faint breathing could be heard. Dropping his hand and his eyes turning back to normal, he walked back to his chair and sat back down. The small space on the floor showed what the others were doing.

The scenery changed into a classy hallway that's always been told to you in stories where the soon to be princess will meet her prince in a ball. In front of them was a enormous door as if it was built for a giant. Nicole appeared as the mist appeared in the room, making the boys a bit startled. This time she was wearing a white tightly fit dress, showing her perfect curves and had a single strap which showed her left bare shoulder. 

Nicole greeted them with a smile, "It seems the five of you found the 2nd clue."

Nodding, Hyeongkon hesitatingly spoke, "And as you could see, we lost 2 of our friends in the process."

"Please don't worry about them, you will be seeing them soon," she gave an assuring smile. 

Yeah, maybe very soon perhaps. 

"So what is our next clue located at?" Hyojun quickly cut to the chase.

"Oh sorry for not telling you," Nicole bowed politely, "The next clue is: Hanging over others, no one appreciates me only when I'm needed."

The boys kept thinking about where the clue could possibly be at.

"Any questions?" Nicole raised a brow, waiting for a response.

Yunyoung slowly raised his hand, unsure if he should really ask this. 

"Are there any other females working for Jaejoong-shi?" he asked cautiously.

Nicole shook her head, "Ani, I'm the only female working for Master. The other workers are all males. Wae?" 

"Ani, we were just wondering," Hyeongkon quickly responded. 

She gave a slight nod and smiled, "Alright then, now that everything is cleared up. Why don't we get you guys to search for your next clue."

Nicole pushed the big door open and gestured them to come in. The place was a big ball room that you would expect to see in fairy tales with large crystal chandeliers hanging on top of them and a large stair case leading to the second floor of the room.

(NOTE: The picture shows how it looks like when standing on the stair case)

Grand-Ballroom.jpg

Music was being played while there were people dancing or walking around the floor. But the thing about these people was that they didn't have a face. Their face was blank with no facial detail on their face what so ever. But each and everyone of them had different clothing and hairstyles. 

"We should all split up," Jaehyung suggested, going through the crowd. 

Everyone went to look around, pushing through the over populated crowd. Hyeongkon went through a few people and accidently bumped into a man, making his head turn as if he was looking at him. Slowly opening his mouth to apologize, the man went back to where he was going as if he was assigned to do something immediately. He shrugged and continue to look around. He soon entered a white room, comparing it to the gold colored ball room. He  touched the white windows, feeling it's texture.

"Hyeongkon," a voice called out, making him jump as a result.

He turned around to see Nicole in a black dress instead of a white one that she was wearing a few minutes before. 

Hyeongkon stared at her, "Is there is something wrong?"

She shook her head and walked towards him with seductive eyes, "Ani, I'm just here to carry a message from Master."

Without realizing it, his heart raced a beat but why.. He never had feelings for any girl but one. Yong Joo.. Was it because they look alike? He shook the thought out of his mind and continued to stare at her.

"Then what is it?" 

She gave a mischevious smile and placed both of her arms on his chest, "It's only for you and I."

His body became to heat up, not knowing what to do. She pulled him closer and leaned in his ear, his arms uncontrollably wrapped around her waist. 

"Beware of Jaehyung," with that said, she disappeared in thin air. 

He stood there, dumbfounded. 

Jaehyung? he thought to himself why him?

While with Jaehyung he found a door closed tightly, which made him curious what was behind it. Pushing with his full might, the door slowly opened showing a sandy room with a chair and a few windows in the room. He entered the room slowly with caution, not wanting to set any traps if there was any. Taking a seat on the chair, he couldn't help but feel relax. Staring out into space, he didn't realize Nicole appearing behind him. She looked out the window and turned her head to Jaehyung, who still was not aware of her presence. She smiled and slowly went towards him, placing his arm on his shoulder. He was of course shocked but hid it with his blank face. 

"I'm here to deliver a message," she whispered in his ear, sending shivers down his spine. 

Her face were just inches from his, making his face burn. 

"Watch out for Hyeongkon," Nicole said with a seducing voice. 

Her body soon became into mist, leaving Jaehyung alone in the room with a stoned facial expression. 

Hyeongkon? he questioned in his head. 

Jaehyung got up from his chair and walked out of the room, closing the door tightly behind him. He entered the crowd to find Hyeongkon also walking through it. They stared at each other with a silence between them.

Hyeongkon spoke first, "Hey, did you find the clue?"

Jaehyung stared at him and hesitatingly answered, "No, what about you?"

Noticing the way he was talking, he shook his head, "No luck."

They continued to look at each other, feeling a splash of doubt on their bodies. The two were super close and trusted each other very much, but why doesn't that trust seem to be working right now.

Hyojun leaned against the wall as he examined the room. To get straight to the point, he was nervous and anxious right now. Losing 2 of his best childhood friends and without knowing the cause, doesn't really make his heart feel at ease. He heard a loud clank of heels hitting the floor and as soon as he turned his head, he saw Nicole walking passed him. Without knowing it, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards him. She didn't seem surprised but more pleased? He continued to look at her, examining her face. 

"What are you doing here?" he asked, trying to find a reason for grabbing her.

Nicole gave an innocent smile, "Oh nothing, I was just looking around. But I would keep your eyes on your two friends, Jaehyung-shi and Hyeongkon-shi if I were you."

He gave a questioning look, not sure what she meant. Her wrist slowly turned to mist, her appearance slowly disappearing. Hyojun looked down at the floor, sorting everything out. What is she talking about? Hyojun rubbed his temples. He looked at the crowd and ran in it to go find his two friends, knowing the worse might happen any moment now. Pushing through the crowd, he finally found the two almost getting ready to fist fight. 

"Guys wait!~" Hyojun grabbed Hyeongkon, who was the closest to him. 

Hyeongkon pushed Hyojun off as he gave him an evil glare, telling him to back off. The sound of the clock striking the next hour filled the whole area. So were the three screams echoing the place. Yunyoung and Seungyub heard this scream and quickly ran out of the rooms they were searching in. The faceless crowd has became a faceless fighting army. Weapons in their hands, they faced the two ready to attack. Luckily the two were experienced fighters. A faceless man pointed a gun towards Seungyub, but he was quick enough to go up towards the man and snap his head. Grabbing the gun, he shot a faceless female who also had a gun and retrieved it. He passed it to Yunyoung and they made their way, killing the monsters in their path. Finally getting to where their three friends were, they found three red bags on the floor, dissolving into sand.  

This is just great Yunyoung and Seungyub thought to themselves.

The two knew it was just the two of them left. They continued to shoot the monsters, who were trying to attack them.

"So did you get any ideas on where the clue might be?" Seungyub yelled because of the loud gun shooting.

Yunyoung shook his head, "If you give me a few more minutes I might be able to figure it out."

Yunyoung was the smartest one between the two of them so it was quite obvious that the two could only rely on Yunyoung's brains. Yunyoung quickly handed Seungyub his gun so he could do the shooting while he thought of where the clue might be. After few minutes later, Yunyoung snapped his fingers together.

"I got it!" he jumped up happily.

Seungyub forced a smile while he continued to fight off the monsters, "Good since I think we are going to need new weapons. I'm almost out of bullets."

Yunyoung flipped two monsters at the same time and grabbed a new gun and machine gun. Throwing the machine gun at Seungyub, since he is going to need it the most, he gestured him to go upstairs. Wakling down the clear path, with no blood in sight. Monsters that don't bleed... Quite weird. 

"We have to get near the chandeliers," Yunyoung said as he continued up the stairs. 

Fighing off the monsters that were following behind him, Seungyub yelled, "Just give me the gun and I'll handle it from here, but hurry. I might not be able to handle them for so long."

Yunyoung nodded and looked at each chandelier closely, checking every single side. He noticed a crystal that seemed slightly darker than the others. Noticing the chandeliers were the same level as the floor he was standing on. I guess that means I have to jump Yunyoung shrugged. He climbed over the railing and jumped onto the chandelier with slight hesitatation. Seungyub, who saw what he did, was frightened as he watched his friend climbing on the top of the chandelier. 

"Yah, what do you think you're doing?!" he yelled, making sure Yunyoung hasn't gone insane.

"Chillax, I'm fine," Yunyoung said nonchalantly. "I think I might've found the clue."

Sighing of relief, Seungyub continued to do what he was doing. Jumping to the next chandelier next to him, he bent down and took the crystal that seemed to be holding the clue. There was a small hole in the crystal, placing a small piece of paper. Taking the paper out slowly, he heard the yells of Seungyub who was trying his best to hold off the monsters but gotten tired quickly. Seungyub was punching, kicking, and flipping the monsters that were coming towards him, since so many of them came faster and closer to thim and the last option is to use his physical strength. 

"It's gestures bewitches us all," he read the paper and the scenery changed in an instant.

"Thank god, I thought I might've been mob by one of those faceless things," Seungyub sat down on the floor, his guns on the side of him. 

Yunyoung laughed as he patted his friends back, "You did good."

♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦

Hyojun's eyes slowly opened with a big pain in his head, made him groan. Hearing two familiar groans beside him, he looked both sides to find Hyeongkon and Jaehyung in the same conditions. Realizing they were behind bars, they looked at each other hoping either one of them could explain what's happening. 

"Ah," a figure came out from the shadows. "It's so great for you three to finally wake up."

They stared at Jaejoong who had an evil smile pasted on his perfect sculpted face. 

"Get us out of here this instant," Hyeongkon yelled.

Jaejoong chuckled, "Oh don't worry, you two will be maybe released with your two other friends very soon."

He moved aside for the 3 boys to see two rusted cages with the two familiar figures lying on the ground with tired eyes that had little sparks of life. As soon as their heads looked up, inside their emotions were out of the place but their tiredness hasn't been letting their body to do what they want to. Seungjin and Sungmin slowly got up and held onto the bars for support. The three new captured friends looked at each other with shocked expressions, not knowing what to say. This game has definitely got them dumbfounded.

 


Finally got to have some free time to write. Hope you guys like this chapter, the next chapter will explain what's going on a little more. For the people that are slightly confused, please just wait for the next chapter! I'll try my best to update as soon as possible! Thanks for all who are patient with me and staying with me till now! Saranghae!!~ <3