Daisuki Desu, Aieru Wa (YoonHae)

One-shot Collection [hiatus]

Yoona slammed her book down in frustration and exhaustion. “I’m NEVER going to be able to learn this language well,” she groaned to herself. It was the night before she and SNSD had to leave for Japan for their promotions and Yoona was still, at best, minimally fluent at Japanese. How on earth was she going to communicate to someone to ask to go to the bathroom, let alone appear in front of fans and interviewers?

So when the doorbell rings, a sigh of pure relief escapes her lips and a spark of hope flares in her heart. Half-anxious to death to see who it was and half-nervous that it wasn’t who she was hoping it was, Yoona held her breath as she crossed the lounge to answer the door. And when a familiar, fishy handsome face popped into the peep hole whose face was split into a grin and a plastic bag full of takeout boxes appeared in his hands, Yoona flung the door open and let Donghae step in and tackled him once she shut the door.

“Oppa!” she squealed. “Hey, beautiful,” Donghae said casually, although his eyes sparkled with the absolute joy of seeing his lovely girlfriend. “Careful- don’t spill the takeout otherwise there’ll be no dinner for us!” Yoona’s face lit up at the mention of food. “Omo- just in time, oppa! I’m starving- I’ve been using up my mental strength for the past few hours…” She reached out to take the bag from him, but he held it out of her reach, a mischievous grin forming on his face.

“Na-uh, princess,” he . “You’ve been studying Japanese all day, haven’t you? And I bet you haven’t made much progress.” Yoona pouted and Donghae had to bite his tongue back to keep from smiling at her cuteness. “Come on Yoona, I know just as well as you know that the promotions in Japan are super important. You want to keep SNSD successful, right?” Yoona sighed through her nose as she knew he had a point.

“So…how about you practice with me then?” Donghae suggested, and watched, amused as his beautiful girlfriend began to catch on to his idea. “I’m a pretty strict teacher though,” he warned her and Yoona giggled. “Don’t worry- every time you get a phrase or word right two times in a row, Beautiful Fishy Princess will get a kiss from Handsome Fishy Sensei.  But every time you get a phrase or word wrong two times in a row, handsome fishy princes will have to take some of your food as punishment!”

Yoona pretended to be shocked at this and said, “And oppa calls ME a shikshin!” Donghae laughed and said, “So do you want to practice or no?” Yoona, being secretly thrilled at the prospect of playing such a game with her boyfriend, agreed. She reached up again to help Donghae carry some of the takeout boxes, but once again, he held it out of her reach, made a face and said, “What do you say?”

Yoona, sighing, said, stuttering a bit, “Wa-Watashi ga o te-tetsudai…o sa se? (Please let me help you with that?)” She stared at her boyfriend for confirmation and he only stared back at her unfathomably…until his adorable smile broke through on his face again and chuckled, “Aish, don’t worry so much, Yoong, it was right! Scared you, didn’t I?” Yoona protested, “You’re such a bad sensei!” Donghae stepped closer till Yoona could smell his strawberry-mint tinged breath hitting her face. “Will Oppa-sensei’s first kiss to Princess make up for it?”

Without hesitation, he leaned down and kissed her fully on the lips, the tip of his tongue just slightly playing with hers. Again and again, Yoona was always reminded of why she loved this man so much (and how great of a kisser he was). When they broke apart, Yoona’s radiant smile flashed up to him, and Donghae smiled back. Then, she frowned a bit and accused him, “Hey! Didn’t Sensei cheat? That was only one right? Or is Sensei so erted that he made this game up just to steal my lips constantly?” Donghae laughed again (and fell even more in love with this beautiful angel he was lucky enough to have love him back) and said, “True. But you’re still learning though and that’s the whole point isn’t it? Now is Sensei forgiven?” Yoona grinned and said, “Sensei is for- I MEAN, Sensei wa yurusa re…”

Donghae then remarked, “Yah, let’s eat!” The two then proceeded to set up the dinner table in the kitchen for a somewhat formal dinner of takeout. The other girls had either had appointments today or occupied themselves up in their dorm rooms so Donghae and Yoona had the whole night to themselves. Yoona did progressively improve in speaking Japanese as Donghae practiced situation after situation where she would have to use certain phrases. Her boyfriend turned out to be quite fluent in Japanese. It was a very interesting and weird dinner as Donghae was constantly either leaning over to kiss Yoona or stealing her food. Nonetheless, both were loving every moment of it and thanked whatever forces led them on the same path together and in love.

Yoona forgot how to ask for the soy sauce for the umpteenth time as she stuttered, “Sh…Sh-Shayu ni…ni e kudasai watatsu?” “Bzzt, machigatte (wrong)!” And with a flourish, Donghae whipped over with his chopsticks to steal a piece of chicken from her plate. This was probably the third time in a row Donghae had stolen her food and Yoona was both hungry and a bit aggravated by now. She glared at Donghae and before he had time to think she got up and playfully tackled him to the ground. “Oppa! Give me back my chicken, that’s the third piece you took! Shikshin!” “Yah, Yoona! What are you doing?!” They wrestled around for a bit until Donghae ended up collapsing on Yoona on the kitchen floor and both burst into hysterical giggling.

“You…you are…such a choding, Im Yoona,” panted Donghae, gasping for air. “Geez, if you wanted my chicken that bad, you could have just asked for it nicely, like a normal person.” Yoona simply grinned at him and said, “But I’m not a normal person, I’m Im Choding. Now give me back my chicken, sensei!” Donghae was just about to relent before he remembered the game they were playing and said in a sing song voice. “What do you say?” Yoona sighed through her nose and said fluidly, “Watashi no niwatori ga e kudasai watashi o ataeru (Give me back my chicken please).”

“Here you go,” said Donghae, taking his chopsticks clenching the chicken (which had miraculously not touched the floor) and offered to Yoona, who immediately engulfed the piece in . He simply stared at her while she chewed, taking great notice of the fact that their bodies were pressed right up against each other (and the feeling of their chests especially close together was quite nice) and that even when she was being a choding and acting as unfeminine as possible…Im Yoona was still the most beautiful angel ever.

Yoona noticed Donghae staring at her and asked, somewhat full, “…Is there something on my face, oppa-sensei?” He simply smiled a bit and pulled the both of them upright into a sitting position. “Yoona,” he said. “Say a fan came up to you one day. He’s admired you and loved you for the longest time. You’ve also had feelings for him too and the two of you met up one day in the back room of a studio. How would you tell him your feelings for him?” Yoona gulped down her food and gasped as she realized immediately that he was eluding to that fateful day when they themselves had met in the back room of the studio and opened the door to what seemed a lifetime of love and passion.

She scrunched her eyebrows together as she thought, grumbling as the words were starting to slip from her. “Ah, oppa- I can’t remember! Darn you, why’d you have to pick something so hard and off-topic. Cheat!” Donghae only stared her down and said, “Sensei asked you a question. And I know you know how to say it.”  Yoona took a deep breath and, somewhat shakily but steadily said:

“Daisuki desu. Aieru wa. Aieru wa…Lee Donghae.”

Yoona glanced at her boyfriend to see if he would again but was surprised to find him staring at her as if she were the only thing that existed in his world. As they leaned in to each other, Yoona heard him whisper in her ear:

“Aieru wa. Saranghaeyo. Wo ai ni. I love you…Im Yoona.”

Happiness and bliss exploded in the background as their lips touched and hungrily, they responded to their passions and needs.

Sometime later, they were lying side by side on the couch watching a romantic comedy and Donghae had fallen asleep. Yoona, smiling at how lovely her boyfriend looked, whispered in his ear:

“Aieru wa eien ni, Lee Donghae…”

 

A/N: hey everyone, cee-cee here ^^ i loved writing this oneshot- the idea of the fishy couple having a food fight was so cute <3 btw i used a translator for this one so....yeah, the japanese obviously isnt accurate xD

update: two hearts maknae saranghaeyo is going on a brief hiatus! i have to prepare for a trip i'm going on- dont worry, i'll be back to posting soon. MINYUL FANS! the oneshot is in the process of being written- so sorry im making you wait Dx i'll try to make it good, i promise :]

thats all for now- hope you enjoy this oneshot and please, comments definitely appreciated :D