You Are So Beautiful (Yoona's Birthday Countdown Part 1)

One-shot Collection [hiatus]

A/N: Annyeong everyone! Cee-Cee is BACK! and i really really really REALLY hope it's for good! xDDD on a realistic note, i should be writing again. all my non-school related exams are done (i passed btw <3) and my school exams shouldn't take too long to study for.

anyway, this is a oneshot i wrote on yoona's birthday a year ago. i decided to do this sort of "countdown" because i AM submitting 2 oneshots to the yoonhae forum and plus, i wanted to share this fluffy oneshot to readers on AFF who have never read it before. andi just realized that it fits perfectly ;] wish me luck as i hurry to reach the deadline x__x <--geez i'm such a procrastinator. ALSO. I WILL FINISH THOSE STORY REQUESTS. I AM SO SORRY. BUT I WILL. TRUST ME X__X

 

It was May 30, 2014 and even though the band had broken up a year ago, all the former members of So Nyuh Shi Dae gathered at Yoona’s penthouse apartment to celebrate her special day. Yoona could feel her heart spilling over with happiness as she greeted the sisters she hadn’t seen in so long.

After SNSD broke up, Yoona had continued to pursue her acting and modeling career, occasionally doing singing and dancing gigs with other stars. Despite everyone going their own ways, she always kept in touch with her fellow unnies and was still very close to the sunbaes of the former band, Super Junior- in fact, she kept quite intimately close with one particular special oppa with a pretty face and killer dance moves.

She sighed and her heart thrummed delightfully as she thought of him. Lee Donghae, in all his near-perfection and charm. How he texted her and spent time with her every chance he got and sent her little cute things just to remind her how much he loved her. Now that the days of Super Junior was over, Donghae had a pending record contract with another company and also pursued his dancing career.

Despite their busy schedules, they somehow managed to find time together and when they did, it was like in the whole world, it was always them two, together and happy. Ever y time they held hands, Yoona felt like she was on her own cloud of bliss and happiness. Every time they kissed,  it felt like the first time in the back room of the studio, like their love exploded louder than fireworks. The past four years, for her birthdays, he sent her a heartfelt happy birthday text early in the morning and he was always the first one.

But today, there was no text from him. Of course, there had been a thousand other texts and calls from close friends and associates, but no special text from the one she loved the most. Yoona knit her brows together and frowned slightly. He was supposed to be busy today, but he promised to spend the night with her today. There was no way he could have forgotten, right?

“Im Yoona, what are you doing making that face on your birthday?” came a scolding voice as Yuri hugged her from behind. “Happy 24th birthday!”

“Ah- thank you, Yuri!” said Yoona, turning around and hugging Yuri back.

“Now are you going to tell me why you were frowning instead of smiling on your special day?” demanded Yuri, grinning slightly.

Yoona hesitated, frowning slightly again in worry and said, “Yul…he hasn’t texted me yet. He’s usually the first one that texts me on my birthday…but there’s no message from him. He couldn’t have forgotten about it, could he, Yul…?”

Yuri’s eyes widened a bit in surprise, but (Yoona thought she had imagined it) the barest flicker of a smile passed on her unnie’s lips. “Aish, you worry too much, Yoona,” Yuri reassured her, patting her on the back. “He’d never forget your birthday! Trust me, he’s definitely got a surprise up his sleeve.”

Yoona smiled at Yuri and said, “All right…”

“Now, stop worrying so much, cheer up and rip up some wrapping paper! You have a ton of presents!” Yuri told her and Yoona followed Yuri to where the other girls were.

All the girls had taken a day off from their schedules to catch up with each other and hung around to help Yoona go through the truckload of presents Yoona had received from her friends and fans- which Yoona found sort of odd. Why did all of them cancel their plans today just for her birthday? Not that she didn’t appreciate this act; she felt loved and kept on thanking all of them for doing this. But it was just slightly weird- she was only 24 this year, nothing too special and they had all never gathered together like this for the others’ birthdays.

When she asked them this, her former band mates just shot (knowing?) glances at each other. Hyoyeon said, “Because we all love you, Yoong- and we’re all going to an old studio with the Super Junior oppas tonight. Reminisce old times!” Yoona should have been overjoyed- and she was. But a little part of her wondered- will Donghae be there? Will we be able to be alone together?

Her unnies figured out what she was thinking by looking at her facial expression and grinned at each other. Laughing, they all yelled together not to worry so much about her boyfriend and that he would definitely show up- all eight of them had practically spammed his phone with reminders to come to the studio tonight. Yoona, laughing along with them, felt temporarily relieved and her heart was full with gratitude towards her unnies and subconsciously knew that it was going to be one of the best days ever.

 

The rest of the day went fantastic. Stopping by at work for a little while, she was showered with presents and many happy comments by the staff. When she got back to her apartment and there was a little time before she had to go to the studio, she browsed through some of the gifts she had received and opened several of them- Eunhyuk gave her a digital photo album and in it was full of pictures, videos and memories. Kibum had gotten her the prettiest charm bracelet and Leeteuk had given her a silver locket that had the words “Friends Forever” etched in it in English.

She sighed as she updated her cyworld, typing out a heartfelt thanks to the fans and everyone for the gifts. Yoona had received thousands of happy birthday text messages and gifts from people she treasured- but not a single message or present from the one person she treasured the most. She still couldn’t believe that Donghae could forget her birthday and figured he was planning something. However, doubt started to get the better of her and she texted her best friend, Leeteuk:

“Oppa, thanks so much for the locket! <3 it ^-^! Ah…where’s Donghae been? He hasn’t texted me or anything…what’s going on? =/”

It took about two minutes until she got a response from Leeteuk. She opened the message and it read:

“Aw, it’s no problem choding, haha. I’m not sure where Hae is, Yoong. Everyone has been spamming him all day, but he hasn’t replied to any of them D: either he’s out at the moment/forgot to bring his phone or his phone died for some reason. Don’t worry though, I’m sure he’s planning something special for you- he loves you so much. You should come down to the studio now- happy birthday again! ^-^”

Yoona smiled at Leeteuk’s words, but there was still a nagging doubt in her mind. She then gathered her purse and left her apartment, hailing a taxi and headed for the old SM studio.

 

The producers at SM had been kind enough to lend the former bands the studio with a stage for a night and even stocked it with snacks, instruments and sound speakers for performances, karaoke and more, all for Yoona’s birthday. Many hugs, compliments and memories were exchanged between the two bands and they first played little games, ate, chatted and then they started performing songs from their days as Super Junior & Girls’ Generation. All the while, Donghae still hadn’t shown up and if it weren’t for Leeteuk’s reassuring glances and Kibum’s friendly pats, she would have become a nervous wreck.

“Ah~~~ IM YOONA!” Kangin shouted across the room and drew Yoona’s attention. “Hey, birthday girl- pay attention! This performance is a special one!” She noticed that all the other Super Junior members had changed into white tuxedos and were gathering into a dance formation on stage. Yoona guessed that they were going to perform “Marry U”. She remembered being in that video; she also remembered encounters with Donghae, back when part of his hair was bleach blond. She could still recall how youthful and handsome he seemed when she first met him, how he gave her cocky grins and left her little secret notes. Thinking of that now made her miss him even more and her mind wandered off, wondering where on earth he could be right now and why he wasn’t with her on her special day.

The first smooth beats of the song began and Eunhyuk and Heechul started off rapping:

Love, oh baby, my girl; 
Geudaen naui juhnbu nunbushige areumdawoon; 
(You're my everything, your beauty blinds me)
Naui shinbu shini jushin suhnmul 
(My bride, my present sent from the Heaven's above)

Haengbokhangayo geudaeui ggaman nunesuh nunmuri heureujyo; 
(Are you happy? There's tears flowing from your eyes)
Ggaman muhri pappuri dwel ddaeggajido; 
(Until the day your hair turns gray)
Naui sarang naui geudae saranghal guhseul na maengsehalgeyo; 
(I promise to love you forever)

[Sungmin]Geudaereul saranghandaneun mal; Pyuhngsaeng maeil haejugo shipuh; 
(I want to tell you every single day that "I Love You")
[Ryeowook] Would you marry me?; Nuhl saranghago akkimyuh saragago shipuh
(Would you marry me? I want to live, loving you and cherishing you)
[Kangin] Geudaega jami deul ddaemada; nae pare jaewuhjugo shipuh
(I want to put you to sleep in my arms every night)

[Hankyung] Would you marry me? 
Iruhn naui maeum huhrakhaejullae?
(Will you give my heart this permission?)

[Kyuhyun] Pyuhngsaeng gyuhte isseulge (I do)
(I'll stay next to you for the rest of my life)
Here, Yoona could here her former band mates harmonizing along and was slightly confused

Nuhl saranghaneun guhl (I do)
(Loving you)
[Yesung]Nungwa biga wado akkyuhjumyuhnsuh
(Through rain and snow; I'll cherish you)
Nuhreul jikyuhjulge (My love)
(I'll take care of you)

Suddenly, there was a whirring noise in the middle of the stage- and to Yoona’s absolute shock, Donghae, wearing a white tuxedo as well, popped straight up from the stage! He saw her gaping face and his heart stirred as he thought she looked so cute when she was surprised. He winked at her and then started rapping his part in the song:

Hayan dressreul ibeun geudae tuxedoreul ibeun naui moseup;
(You in a white dress, me in a tuxedo)
Balguhreumeul matchumyuh guhdneun woori juh dalnimgwa byuhre;
(We walk step in step underneath the moon)
I swear guhjitmal shiruh uishimshiruh;
(I swear, I hate lies, I hate distrust)
Saranghaneun naui gongju Stay with me;
(My princess, my love, Stay with me)

Just then, the song faded out. The other Super Junior members got off the stage and Ryeowook hurried over to the keyboards. The mellow, melodic notes of Donghae’s solo from the 2nd Super Show back in 2009 began to drift in the studio and Yoona, sat there mesmerized as he began to perform “Beautiful.”

The song, he had later told her, he had composed, thinking of her and her alone.

You’re like a queen and beautiful
I just can’t be without you girl
You’re like a queen and beautiful
i just can’t be without you girl

Cheoum boatdeon geu moseub kieok haeyo (I think of what we were like when we first met)
sujubeun miso eosaehan malddu chagabdeon keu so (Your bashful smile, your shy words, your cold hands)

haru jongil geudaeui saenggakeuro (I thought of you everyday)

amugeotdo halsu ga eobseo (michigesseona) (I couldn’t do anything, almost going crazy)

Nuneul ddelsu jocha eobseo (Unable to turn my gaze away)
geujeo babocheoreom nege bbajo deuleoga (Like a fool, I could only lose myself in you)
pyeongsaengeul hamkeh balmachueo naga (I want to walk together with you for a lifetime)
naega jikyeojulke saranghaeyo oh love (I will protect you, I love you, oh love)                                                                          

Cause you are so beautiful
nal sumsuiga haneun ne ibseul saranghandanmal oh
(Let me gasp against your lips, to say this phrase, “I love you”)
Cause you are so beautiful
nae geoteman meomulreo (keudae namanui) 
(Just stay by my side, you belong only to me)
My beautiful , my beautiful oh-oh

Shigani heulreoddo naiga deuleodo (It’s fine if time stops like this, it’s fine if we grow old)
saranghae saranghae kamsahae kamsahae (I love you, I love you, Thank you, thank you)
ddaeroneun datugo (Occasionally, when there is a quarrel)
geudaeyege nunmuleuljugo ibeul machumeo (I will cry as I kiss your lips)

(stop, baby I’m sorry)

Donghae took out a red sash and from it drew out a beautiful red rose and, smiling with pure love and ecstasy, leaped down from the stage, danced over to Yoona and, clasping her hands, gave her the rose and continued to sing.

Cause you are so beautiful
nal sumsuiga haneun ne ibseul saranghandanmal oh 
(Let me gasp against your lips, to say this phrase, “I love you”)
Cause you are so beautiful
nae geoteman meomulreo
(keudae namanui)Just stay by my side (you belong only to me)

Namaneui geunyeo modeun geoljulge (I’ve only given her my everything)

While he sang, his fingers reached into the middle of the rose and plucked out a stunning, diamond ring and he watched her surprised and delighted face as he held it out to her.

yeongwonhui nan neoruel saranghae oh (I will love you forever, oh)

Cause you are so beautiful
keudae ibsureun naman baragi
(I want your lips to belong only to me)
Cause you are so beautiful
ddak jabeun duson itjianheulge oh 
(I will never let go of these hands I hold so tightly)

As the song faded out and Ryeowook played the tinkling last chords, Donghae leaned closer and whispered, his voice shaky with nervousness and excitement and his eyes sparkling with absolute devotion to Yoona and Yoona alone: “I love you, Im YoonA, with all my heart and want you by my side for the rest of my life. Will you marry me?”

A joyful and blissful feeling arose inside her, welling up and she found that she could barely speak and tears of sheer happiness began flowing out. She looked up in his eyes and he gazed back at her, earnest and with a dreamy, I-love-you-so-much-you-are-my-life-please-say-yes look. Somehow, she managed to choke out, “Yes. Yes, I do. I do, Lee Donghae.” Giving her a crooked, cocky grin that always made her melt, he took out the diamond ring and slipped it on her finger.

Everyone in the studio cheered and applauded loudly. Yoona looked around and could not help but laugh and cry at the same time. Her sunbaes, her unnies- they had known all along and planned this all out, just for her on the day she turned 24 years old.

Indescribable feelings of joy, love and passion mixed in her heart and she cried loudly, “I love you all! Really I do! Th-…Thank you so much!!”

Everyone, smiling back at her, shouted, “We love you too!”

Yoona then turned to him, the boy who had loved her all this time, the man who was now her fiancée and whispered, quite barely audibly, “And I love you too. More than anything in the world.”

Donghae shot her another cocky grin. “Didn’t see that coming, did you?” Yoona pretended to pout and said, “You had me worried the whole day! You didn’t even send me a text or anything!”

Donghae, slightly sheepish, leaned in so that the tips of their noses touched, “Hey. Admit it. This is the best birthday present ever.”

She gazed at his soft brown eyes and agreed: “Definitely. I love you, oppa.” He then leaned in and kissed her softly and she kissed him back, the world spinning round and fireworks in the background.