Now Is All That Matters (YoonHae)

One-shot Collection [hiatus]

Thunder boomed and cracked and lightning flashed dangerously bright as the storm raged on outside. In the darkness of her bedroom, Yoona couldn't sleep, cringing every time it thundered. She hated thunderstorms. As a little girl, she used to scramble to her parents' room whenever a storm came around and would seek safety under the covers with her parents. Now that she was making a living and out on her own, she had to deal with her fears alone.

Someone groaned a bit and shifted over on the bed. Yoona turned and faced him, her lovely oppa. No, not quite alone, she corrected herself, smiling. Donghae looked every bit as breathtaking when he was asleep. He looks so innocent, Yoona mused, her heart skipping a beat as she studied his face. The past few weeks had been quite hectic. Work schedules were packed tighter together than ever and if that wasn't enough, Jessica was back. How could Yoona forget that diva's last threat? "You better watch yourself, you ; sleeping around with my ex is going to bring you PLENTY of pain, I promise you."  When on earth was she going to accept that he wasn't hers anymore. She had dumped him anyway.

Donghae was so gracious about it though. What started out as Yoona being his companion through hard times ended up joining them together as lovers. He was so kind and gentle, she sighed, like a real gentlemen. But quite unpredictable when it came to...activities in bed. With her finger, she lightly traced his collarbone and then moved down to brush over his six-pack abdominals. She sighed again, thinking about how lucky she was to have him. Lee Donghae...you are everything to me, Yoona thought as she kissed him lightly on the lips.

Her heart skipped another beat when he began to kiss her back hungrily. When they finally surfaced to breathe, he grinned and murmured, "Yoona-ah? Can't sleep?" 

Yoona whispered, "Yeah...I hate thunderstorms...."

"Well...you have me to protect you," Donghae whispered back. His hand reached up to brush her smooth, pale face. Like porcelain, he thought, lowering his gaze down. She's so beautiful. I love her. "Something's on your mind," he noticed.

"It's...." said Yoona, unsure of how to explain.

"Jessica?" Donghae guessed, amused. Slightly ashamed, Yoona nodded her head.

Suddenly, a blindingly bright flash of lightning lit up the room and a second later a huge crash of thunder followed. This freaked Yoona out and she jerked and immediately flung herself onto Donghae, close to crying. This sudden action stirred his heart and he couldn’t help but love her all the more. She seems so independent, so sure of herself when I see her modeling or acting...but shes only this tender, this fragile when she has to sing solo or...when she's with me. He felt her press herself into him, practically melting them together as one.

"Yoona...look at me..." he said in her ear. Hesitantly, she drew back a bit and he cupped her face in his hands. "I love you with all my heart. I think I've been waiting for someone like you since...forever." Blushing now and unsure of his words as her eyes widened, he continued, "Jessica is the past. You shouldn't worry about her, or anything else that comes our way. I'll always be here to protect you. Don't worry about the future too much. Now...now is all that matters."

Happiness flooded her heart and she was reminded once again about how she loved this boy, this man. "Saranghaeyo, oppa!" she cried out, embracing her love into her arms. As if in response, he kissed her, intense passion exploding as they united as one.

Live in the moment....Yoona thought hazily as she looked up at her love's face. Now is all that matters. the words repeated like a mantra in her head as Donghae came down on her again.

 

A/N: this is the first oneshot i ever posted online on LJ. it's pretty short. also, once again I'M SORRY IF I MADE SICA LOOK LIKE A . i personally love her <3 it was just that back...7 months ago, i needed a minor antagonist. i'm sorry~~ hope you like it though! i'll be posting more oneshots soon <3 till then, hwaiting~~!