Love, Oh Baby, My Girl- It's Fate [part 2] (SeoKyu)

One-shot Collection [hiatus]

Kyuhyun still couldn’t believe his eyes. The same girl he had been fantasizing about and drew sketches of that afternoon was literally standing barely seven feet away. And he still had no idea what he should do. Undecided and torn, Kyuhyun took a good long gulp of the alcoholic drink in his cup and, feeling even more disoriented and confused, sat back and shot some glances at her.

Donghae was dancing when he caught his best friend staring intently at a girl. Amused, he broke away from the grinding crowd and plopped down on the couch next to Kyuhyun. “So, rich boy…what girl’s caught your eye now?” he said, chuckling and trying to follow the direction of Kyuhyun’s gaze. Kyuhyun, caught totally off-guard, looked shocked for a second- but managed to bring his cool, bored expression back on his face. If there was one thing Donghae knew his best friend was best at, it was acting like nothing in the world could bother him. But, was he just imagining it, or did that cool mask suddenly have holes in it?

“That girl…the one in the pale turquoise, strappy dress. She goes to our school doesn’t she…who is she?” Kyuhyun asked, the words slipping out and stumbling much more than he had anticipated. Very amused now, Donghae replied, “Her? Hm, let me think…oh, oops I forget, WAH I’M KIDDING, HYUNG!” Donghae laughed as Kyuhyun gave him what could have totally qualified as a “death glare.” “That’s Seo Joohyun, but everyone just calls her Seohyun. It’s like her nickname. She’s from a modest family but has potentially the highest IQ in our school next to you. She’s already got at least four universities begging for her. She’s also best friends with Taeyeon.” Kyuhyun knew this information was true; Donghae had tabs on practically everyone at school. “I can’t believe it…the Prince of Cynicism has a girl to fawn over now…” Donghae added, laughing while Kyuhyun punched him in the arm. “But seriously though…go over there and talk to her!” “Are you crazy, hyung?” said Kyuhyun. “We barely know each other!”

“Ah! Sorry I’m late~!” Ryeowook burst into the room, panting. “I had to do a bunch of errands for my mom…” Donghae stared at Ryeowook for a second, then a devilish smile crept onto his face as he found Seohyun throwing occasional glances at Kyuhyun. He went up to Ryeowook and whispered, “Hey…push Kyu really hard.” “Huh?” said Ryeowook, confused. “Just push him!” urged Donghae. “What?” Ryeowook was still confused. Donghae then proceeded to push Ryeowook who knocked into Kyuhyun who stumbled right into Seohyun who then spilled her drink onto part of her dress.

“Ah!” Seohyun cried out as the cup splashed to the ground, ruining part of her dress. Kyuhyun, blushing in embarrassment, steadied himself and hurried over to help clean up. “Oh my god, I’m sorry…” he apologized, trying to find a paper towel. “I didn’t mean to. Those idiots,” Kyuhyun took a second to send a scathing glare at Donghae and Ryeowook, the two then deciding right then to engage in deep conversation and avoid Kyuhyun. “They pushed me. I’m sorry.”

Seohyun could only stand there dumbly while Kyuhyun grabbed a paper towel and tried to clean her dress as delicately as possible. She didn’t even care about the damp stain on her dress anymore (though she hoped Taeyeon-unnie wouldn’t mind too much). The only thing that registered in her mind was that she had come in contact with Kyuhyun and he had spoken to her- and was so close to her now. It’s like God answered my prayers, she thought as she studied his face, brows knit together and with an exasperated expression as he was bent over, attempting to clean her dress. Her heart started to thrum intensely when she saw him about to get up. No...Seohyun, say something! This is your last chance! He’ll just get up and walk away and we’ll pretend nothing like this ever happened again!

“I…I saw you at that corner today…” she said softly and Kyuhyun stood up quickly, glancing at her in shock. Seohyun stammered immediately, “I’m-I’m sorry! That was inconsiderate of me to mention that, sorry…” He noticed that she seemed to want to hide herself and said, “No…no it’s fine…I…I saw you too today,” Blushing madly. “You were…?” “Oh…that’s community service work I do. I hand out balloons to little kids or anyone who really wants one…it’s kind of pointless…” Her voice trailed off as she lowered her head in embarrassment. He couldn’t help but smile at her shyness, her imminent innocence. “But you like it,” he pointed out, remembering how energetic she had been leading little kids along. Her face turned bright red as she realized he knew. “Yeah…” she admitted.

“I think it’s cool that you do that work. It’s like we don’t value people like you as much as we should,” Kyuhyun said, smiling genuinely and Seohyun could feel her heart flutter, happiness seeping all the way into her fingertips. The joyful feeling stayed there as they began to converse with each other, gradually becoming more comfortable with the other’s presence. Once in a while, she thought it was her imagination, but she sometimes caught Kyuhyun throwing her a glance. She tried to act like she hadn’t noticed but her heart still pounded faster and pure loving ecstasy flowed through her body. It stayed that way so that Seohyun totally forgot about her inhibitions, was completely oblivious to the swiftly passing time until Kyuhyun finally brought it up and she realized that she had been out way past when she had planned to go home. Seohyun swore and realized how he had managed to wipe all thoughts of ending conversation with him just to go home…it was amazing really, she thought, blushing. She was so wrapped up in his presence and her own thoughts…how was she to know he was thinking the same thing?

Seohyun squeezed through grinding bodies of still-partying teenagers and desperately searched for Taeyeon. After apologizing to numerous people for pushing into them, she finally found Taeyeon slightly drunk and sitting on the lap of a handsomely attractive boy with blond-brown hair and a lopsided grin. “Unnie! It’s nearly 11! Could you take me back home please?” This immediately snapped Taeyeon out of her flirtation with the boy and sobered her up. “, are you serious, Seohyunnie?!” She was just about to get up and leave with Seohyun when she suddenly realized that something was missing. “What the- my phone’s gone!” Taeyeon began to panic and insisted she had to find her phone before she left, swearing as she searched. “My parents will kill me!” Taeyeon didn’t seem to be having any luck and Seohyun began to internally panic- there was no way she would be able to find her way home from Donghae’s apartment in the darkness of the night.

“Do you want me to take you home?” came Kyuhyun’s voice. He had observed the scene and figured he should get her home…and maybe get closer to her as well. Seohyun stared at him in surprise and opened to object in embarrassment, but no words would come out. Taeyeon saw this, smiled to herself and said, “Ah, Seohyunnie- go on without me. It’ll be a while before I find my phone.” Seohyun was about to object again when Kyuhyun urged her. “It’s late, Seohyun.” Heart pounding harder than ever, she finally obliged and, cautiously going around several drunken figures, they proceeded to leave the apartment.

Seohyun had been right- there would have been no way she could have gotten home alone in the dark had someone not been with her. Walking in the night, a crashing noise startled her and she grabbed Kyuhyun’s arm, their fingers interlocking simultaneously. A flutter stirred in Kyuhyun’s heart and Seohyun’s as well and nearly pulled away in embarrassment- but somehow, they stayed that way for all the twenty minutes of walking.

Kyuhyun walked her to the door of her apartment then stood there while Seohyun searched for her keys. “…Sorry about the dress,” he commented to fill the silence between them. “Hm? Oh it’s okay, Taeyeon-unnie will get it dry-cleaned,” she said and then added, “I had fun tonight.” Blushing, Kyuhyun said, “Yeah…”

Suddenly, the keys slipped out of Seohyun’s hands and onto the steps below. She rushed to go get them but instead slipped and fell straight into Kyuhyun’s arms. She swore she could have heard his heart beat faster as she leaned against his chest for support. He swore he could feel her blush as he steadied her in his arms.

In the background of dark apartments, a song played repeatedly in the background from an apartment:

“Call it with me, the beautiful word that makes my dreams come true- The place where joy overflows where I go~ I love you…”

Seohyun hurriedly stood up straight and bowed slightly and said, “W-well…thank you for taking me home. Really.” “Ah- no problem,” Kyuhyun said just as quickly. Seohyun lingered at the door for the slightest second, just to study his features for a little longer. Then, unintentionally, she closed the door a bit harshly and left Kyuhyun standing there, dazed and staring at the door. Unbeknownst to each other, their hearts began to quicken on opposite sides of the door and beat in unison as they both thought:

What is this I feel? Is this love? I wish I knew for sure.

 

A/N: Didja like it? xD ahh this brings back memories x]

UPDATE 1: anyway i've reached a decision! from now on i'll only be posting fics on aff until the LJ community looks a bit more alive again. sorry to everyone on LJ :[ again, it's just that i see no point in posting there if no one is reading it and it's more convenient posting here. don't worry, i won't be totally absent from LJ! i'll still be around, looking for new fics and will definitely post at Yoonhaeexplosion <3 especially for the contest that's coming up on the forum :]

UPDATE 2: this is pretty much all the oneshots i've ever written previously (except for MinYul) so now dear readers, i've decided to change things up a bit- i will now be taking formal requests oneshots about the pairings listed in the foreword! :D it can be about ANYTTTHINGGG you want just as long as you be specific :] i haven't quite decided how this is going to work, so stay tuned! and tell me what you think about this idea! :DDDD

that's all for now :] unnielove hwaiting!