Confrontation

Falling Into the Darkness of Trusting You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later that evening, Yoona had walked over to Jessica's house to visit her.

She exhaled as she admitted to herself that she loved her best friend's boyfriend. All she could think about was how Jessica would react to her feelings, none the less, Kibum. What would he say? She would think over and over again. The sick feeling of how her heart ached to tell him how she felt, but she didn't want to ruin her best friend's relationship.

Yoona stopped in front of Jessica's house and stared at it for a moment before sighing once more and walking up to front door. Before she knew it, her hand was already ringing the doorbell.

A woman answered it. It was Jessica's mother. Her smile was bright as she saw her standing there at the door.

"Yoona. Glad to see you. Jessica is up in her room if you're looking for her," the woman said to her with graditude.

Yoona smiled and bowed her head for politeness. "Kamsahimnida." She entered the fine house and headed towards the stairs. Her feet carried her up the stairs and down the hallway towards Jessica's room. She took a deep breath before knocking on Jessica's bedroom door.

"Come in," Jessica's sweet voice was heard through the door.

Yoona opened the door and entered the bedroom. "Jessica?" She turned her head to find Jessica reading a magazine on her bed.

Jessica looked up from her magazine and smiled to see who was at the foot of her door. "Yoona! So glad to see you here!" Jessica stood up and went to hug her.

Yoona smiled as she gave her friend a grateful hug. "Good to see you, too."

Jessica pulled back and went back to laying on her stomach on the bed. "So what brings you to my house?"

Yoona bit her lip. She closed the door before sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Is there something wrong?"

She shook her head. "Ani. There's nothing wrong. I've just been thinking a lot lately. That's all."

Jessica got curious. "Oh. What about?"

Yoona turned her body so her feet were fully on the bed. "Jessica, do you ever get the feeling that you like someone, but can never have them?"

Jessica gave her a curious look before answering, "I get that feeling in dreams. But I'm happy now. Waeyo? Do you?"

Yoona bit her lip again. "Well, I just have this friend that has this problem and she's asking me for advice," she barely stuttered at her words.

Then she heard Jessica chuckled. "Yoona, I'm your best friend. If you have a problem, you can just tell me. There's no need to hide anything from me." Jessica sat up from her position. "So, what's up? Is this friend happen to be you, technically?"

Yoona turned her head in embarassment.

Jessica patted her shoulder. "What's wrong, Yoona? Do you have this problem of liking someone that you can't have?"

She turned her head back with serious eyes.

"I see," Jessica simply stated. She got a little nosy again. "Could you tell me who this special guy you like is?"

This was the part Yoona was afraid of answering. She couldn't just say, Oh. I'm in love with your boyfriend, Best Friend. That would be so messed up to tell her like that. She had the urge to tell Jessica, but she also had the fear of losing her best friend if she told her how she felt.

Yoona sighed. "Jess, I don't want you to be mad at me."

"Why would I be mad?"

"It's because..." Yoona's words were cut off.

The door had swung open and there he was. The killer-smile boyfriend of her best friend whom she was in love with, Kibum.

Kibum had his smile on as he saw Yoona and Jessica talking. "Yoona! You're here!"

Yoona's eyes were locked on him. "Oppa, I didn't know you were still here."

Kibum chuckled. "I've been here all day." He took a seat on the bed. "What's up?"

Yoona turned. "Nothing. We were just talking."

"What about? Does it involve me?"

Yes. Her heart was telling her. She shook her head though. "Ani. It's not important anymore."

Kibum shrugged.

Yoona turned away from them to think for a moment. She felt foolish for coming on the day that Kibum was at Jessica's. She should have thought twice about it before coming. Now she couldn't tell the truth to Jessica. It felt like more hurt will come out of it than good.

 

The next day, Jessica felt fully renewed to come back to school. She felt as if nothing had happened, but yet she still questions herself of what had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter