Alone

Falling Into the Darkness of Trusting You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's tears began to build up in her eyes as she fell to her knees. "No. It can't be. It just can't be."

Kibum looked at his friend and got by her side, comforting her as he rubbed her back. "Jess, it's okay."

"No!" Jessica cried. "All my friends have disappeared. Some guy or guys are out here trying to get me. And I have no other clues into finding them." She hugged her knees, continuing to cry.

Kibum sighed, knowing that all she said was true. He didn't know what else to do. He wanted to help her. He wanted to find the rest of the gang. But there were no other clues that could help them. What do they do now?

Jessica sighed before looking up at him. "I'm sorry. I'm a mess."

Kibum shook his head at her. "No, Jess. You're not a mess. You're just frustrated and in a situation. It's not easy."

Jessica kept her head low, knowing that he was right.

Kibum just rubbed her back, trying to keep her calm and quiet. "Come on now, Jess. It's just us two now. We can do this. We can find them."

She sniffled. "That's just it though. It's just us two now. Then it's gonna be just one."

He sighed. "Stop this. We're gonna find them. We just gotta be hopeful."

"Bummie~ I'm so scared. What if something bad has happened to them? What if they really hurt them?"

Kibum only gave her a frown. He doesn't think he can snap her out of her trance. She was too focused on the fact that all their friends had been kidnapped or disappeared, and she fears that she may be alone. He embraced her in a hug, wanting her to feel safe with him in his arms.

"It's gonna be alright, Jess. We're gonna solve this mystery," he quietly said. He tried pulling her up. "Come on, Jess. Let's keep moving."

Jessica held onto Kibum tightly, not wanting to let go. She didn't want to lose him, too. He has been by her side for many years, taking care of her, not just because he became her boyfriend, but because he was just a caring friend.

The two of them stumbled their way off the field and headed back towards the school buildings.

Kibum halted them outside a corridor. "Let me use the restroom really quick. You should probably go, too."

Jessica bit on her lip and just nodded.

The two of them found the outside bathrooms and went their separate ways to their separate bathrooms.

Jessica looked at herself in the mirror as she washed her hands. She saw the heavy bags forming under her eyes. She looked exhausted and tired. No sleep. No food. She has been through an episode.

She exited the stalls and waited by a nearby bench outside the bathrooms.

Minutes went by and there was no sign of Kibum.

Worries and fears began to take over her body. It doesn't take a male that long to use the bathroom. What could be keeping him?

"Kibum?" she called out outside the men's restroom. "Are you in here?"

No answer.

"Kibum?" she called again in a softer voice.

No response.

Jessica cursed under her breath. Was she alone?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter