Unspoken Heart

Autumn's Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is a gift fanfic I made for my sister for her birthday last year. ^.~

 

-------------------------------

UNSPOKEN HEART(Changmin+Jaejoong+OC)

 

SCENE 1 G r a d u a t i o n P a r t y


“Hyung! You came,” Changmin stretched both his arms forward to receive the hug from his VIP guest. “You’re late but you came.”

“How could I miss this, you’re like my brother.”

Both of them smiled at each other as they released their grips. Actually, it hasn’t been a long time since they last meet each other. In fact, they used to meet up every weekend at the very least. But since it was a weekday and Jaejoong usually came back late from work every night, it was a great joy for the taller guy to see him there.

“Next time don’t hold a function unless it’s on the weekends, arasseo? Did you know how tiring it was to rush here and there for a busy architect like me?”

“Not a chance, hyung,” Changmin laughed. He slowly guided their way through the sea of people towards the main house. He wanted Jaejoong to meet another important graduate which is also the little sister among the three of them. Without asking much, Jaejoong trailed the young man’s steps.

“If I were you, I wouldn’t bother to run searching for jobs after this. You had everything ready for you ever since you were born.” Jaejoong looked up at the high built mansion which belonged to Changmin’s family.

“You say that every time. You know I always hated the easy road,” Changmin smiled and turned around to grab the man on the shoulders with his right arm and pulled him inside the house. “And you also know how Yuna hated parties. Yuna! Jaejoong is here!”

Changmin gracefully seated the man onto the nearest armchair and grabbed some punch from the table before he sat on Jaejoong’s left and handed him one of the crystal glasses. There weren’t that many people inside compared to the outside. It was much easier to breathe since the loud music was blocked by the stone walls and bodies weren’t that closely attached to each other. After taking a sip from the refreshment, Jaejoong lifted up his face to see the walking figure of a sweet young lady a few feet from where he was. He stood up at the presence with smiling eyes.

“Oppa! You came,” the girl ran towards Jaejoong and jumped onto him, circling her arms around the man’s neck and clinged onto his broad shoulders.

“Ugh,” Jaejoong’s breath left him as he tried to keep himself from falling backwards at the sudden force on him. “Yeah, I missed you too,” he smiled and slowly helped the girl get back on her feet.

“This is what happens when you miss our last get-together,” Changmin winked and handed another glass of punch for the girl.

“Hey, I already told you I was sorry,” Yuna playfully smacked Changmin on the arm and gladly received her 3rd refill of refreshment. Then she turned towards Jaejoong to make sure that he wasn’t mad at her anymore too.

“It’s no big deal, guys. What’s important is that we’re all here now,” Jaejoong said as he lifted up his glass and looked meaningfully at the other two, one after another. Changmin and Yuna followed his gesture with smiles on their faces. “Congratulations to both of you. You made me proud of being your best friend. I’ll love you guys until the day I die.”

“To our friendship!”



SCENE 2 T h e P r o m i s e

“Are you sure Jaejoong-oppa won’t be jealous of us meeting up without him?” Yuna asked as they walked slowly along the path towards the lake up front. “Maybe we should wait until the weekend as usual.”

“Don’t worry about it. He said it’s cool. He’ll be a bit busy this month and maybe couldn’t make it to the weekends anyway,” Changmin said with a smile. “We’ll make it up to him later.”

Yuna nodded in comprehension while fixing the few strands of her hair that was softly blown by the cool breeze. 

There weren’t many visitors at the park that day and the few that they met were old folks and small children with their nannies. It felt calm walking under the shady trees with a few rays of sunlight coming through between the leaves.

“I couldn’t remember the last time we took a walk like this. I wish Jaejoong-oppa is here with us.”

Changmin looked over at Yuna who was looking at her feet and holding onto the handbag on her right shoulder. He knew what was on her mind.

A few more steps and they were on the grass overlooking the wide lake. “Let’s sit right here,” he mentioned and landed himself on the soft grass. Above them, a huge tree was doing them a favour by keeping as little heat as possible to pass through.

“So tell me,” Changmin started after both of them sat comfortably next to each other. “What are your next plans?” With knees brought up and both his arms resting on them, Changmin tilted his head facing the girl next to him, a smile visible on his handsome face.

Yuna stared at Changmin with one eyebrow raised, “What are yours?”

“Hey, I asked you first!” the guy pouted which easily brought laughter to Yuna.

“Alright, alright…” Yuna giggled. “I’m furthering to specialist next year. Maybe not here though, I’d like to spread my wings a little bit.” Yuna’s joy could be seen clearly as she spoke those words. Everyone knows how passionate Yuna was when it comes to achieving her dreams. Changmin could only mirror her expressions. He, on the other hand was captivated by something else on her. 

“Yah, you asked me but you didn’t pay attention to my answer!” A slap landed on Changmin’s arm right when Yuna noticed the guy was looking past her head. “I don’t care, you next.”

Changmin scratched the back of his head in embarrassment of getting caught. “Well, for starters, I’m going to refuse my throne back at my dad’s company. I want to use my Economics degree at a much greater use.”

“And what use is that?” Yuna crossed her arms and raised both her eyebrows at the guy.

“That…” Changmin hesitated. “I have absolutely no idea.”

Surprised at the reply, Yuna smacked Changmin a few times with her handbag. “Yah!! You’re horrible.” Both of them laughed their lungs out in the soft breeze. “Stop making fun of me.”

“I’m sorry,” Changmin voiced as he rubbed the spots Yuna managed to attack with a corner of his smile still visible. “I had too much fun. I’ll be serious now.”

“You better be,” the girl threatened. “Because I need to remind you that we still haven’t told Jaejoong-oppa about that thing. You promised to tell, right? At least, before I leave for England. Right?”

“Tell him yourself,” Changmin smiled meaningfully.

“No, it’ll be weird. Changmin-ah, you promised…”

Seeing the pout and round, puppy eyes on her face, Changmin just couldn’t play around anymore. 

“We’ll talk to him about it soon.”


SCENE 3 H i s C o n f e s s i o n

Jaejoong had officially missed three get-togethers so far. It was obvious that his workload was taking most of his time and it was nearly impossible to reach him even on his cellphone. Changmin and Yuna who weren’t attached to any job yet had to spend most of their time without him. They had to admit that they are slowly missing him.

“I’ll be around next weekend, I promise.” That’s what he said every time he answered their call. But none of it was kept.

Yuna was getting worried they wouldn’t have the time to talk to Jaejoong before she departed for Europe in two months. She feared it will be too late. She had already waited long enough before she decided to tell Jaejoong everything. A little more time spent and she might just regret it forever.

“Hey, hyung called just now. He’s coming to meet us here,” Changmin said at last.

Yuna lifted her chin from the food she was enjoying. “Are you sure that was him?” Upon speaking with full, she left some sauce on her bottom lip. She immediately wiped it away with the napkin on her lap.

Changmin desperately held back the laughter in his stomach. “Ahh… There he is.” Changmin stood up and held out his arm to greet the older guy. “Welcome back, hyung.”

“Yah, you’re saying it as if I just got bailed out of jail,” Jaejoong grinned as he let go of Changmin and turned towards the girl and gave her the same hug. “How are you guys? I missed you guys so much.”

“We’re doing great without you,” Changmin joked. He gestured the seat right beside him and waved for the waiter to attend to them. “What makes you suddenly able to have lunch with us today?”

“I quit my job!” he announced with a happy tone which send shock to the other two.

“You quit your job?” Yuna was the first to reply verbally. “Was it that horrible?”

“What do you mean ‘was it that horrible’? They’re the reason I can’t even enjoy my social life! If I were to keep up with them, one of you might not recognize who I was anymore. It’s better if I quit there and start over someplace else, somewhere that will never involve anyone’s weekend. Then there’s no chance I’m going to miss our get-togethers again.” His genuine smile appeared.

“Yeah, I didn’t want to say it but you did the right thing,” Changmin nodded while cutting the beef-steak to smaller pieces. “It’s good that you managed to stop pleasing everyone else and make yourself happy once for a change. Would you like to have a bite, it’s great,” Changmin offered with a nicely cut beef at the end of his fork pointed towards Jaejoong’s mouth.

“Aish, you don’t have to,” Jaejoong mumbled while chewing it down his throat. “I’ve ordered one for myself.”

The three of them continue to chat right through the meal until Jaejoong ate the last piece of on his plate. It seemed like the longest hang-out he’s ever had and he still didn’t want it to end.

“Anyone wants dessert?” Jaejoong offered. It was his turn to wave for the waiter that he didn’t notice the look Yuna gave Changmin from across the table. Changmin understood and purposely cleared his throat right after the waiter left with their dessert orders.

“Hyung, we have something to tell you,” Changmin began carefully with his eyes fixed on Jaejoong’s. “We wanted to tell you earlier but you were unreachable.”

“Ah, I’m sorry. What is it?”

Yuna saw the clueless face. She can’t help but held onto the napkin with her sweating palm. She was anxious to see how Jaejoong will react to the news. She decided to keep in silence and just go with the flow for now. If anything does happen, she’ll take it back home and deal with it by herself there.

“I’m in love with Yuna,” was the precise sentence that came out of Changmin’s mouth a minute later. “We’ve started dating right after our graduation.”

Yuna quickly turned her gaze towards Jaejoong to see his reaction to those words. It took a while before Jaejoong moved a muscle and formed a smile and looked at her right in the eyes.

“That’s… That’s good news!” he replied. “I’ve always knew you guys might end up this way.” Yuna couldn’t believe that even Jaejoong’s eyes were smiling.

“So, you’re okay with it?” Changmin wanted to make sure his eyes weren’t deceiving him.

“Yah, why wouldn’t I? How long have you known me for? Forever? Of course I’m happy for you guys!” Jaejoong moved closer to give Changmin a hug and small pats on the back. The smile never left his face. “You too, Yuna. Congratulations. Just promise me one thing though, best friends forever okay!”

Yuna smiled back, a bit bitterly. She knew it all along but she kept on convincing herself otherwise. She was no more than a sister in Jaejoong’s eyes. To see him smiling and congratulating her like that really pained her heart. But that was her risk that she was aware of in the first place. Now, knowing how the man actually felt for her, she was ready to depart for an unknown place to achieve her lifelong dreams.

Unknown to her, Changmin sneaked a few glances at Yuna over dessert. He felt helpless sitting there across the table when he wanted to pull her in his arms and comfort her broken heart. He knew he had to do something. There must be a way to get Jaejoong to speak his mind. He was sure he’s seen the looks on Jaejoong’s face and that means hope was still in the air.


SCENE 4 T h e N e w P l a n

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Yuna-yah. It’s me,” Changmin’s voice was heard from the other line. “Are you okay?”

With her little finger, she wiped away the remaining tears that were still flowing from the corner of her eyes. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

“You don’t sound fine to me,” Changmin replied. “Take it out on me if you want to.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter