Love is All We Need

Autumn's Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love is All We Need (Kim Jaejoong + OC) - requested

It was such a pleasant dream that he hoped not to wake up from. Underneath the softly closed lids, his lips slowly curled upwards into a goofy smile. He was a fully-grown man, yet dreams like these ceased to leave him even as his subconscious was aging. Everything in his other world was vibrantly colourful, everything was smiling back at him as he walked on puffs of clouds and rainbows. He felt almost ten years younger, like an innocent child. It lasted for a while, until he finally saw who was waiting for him at the other end of the rainbow. The sound of the cheerfully singing birds slowly began fading as his fantasy decided to dissolve to welcome the reality of his life.

“Haeri!!” His body suddenly shot up from his bed, his eyes wide as if he had just woken up from a nightmare. The last image that he saw in his dream was of her, wearing the white gown from their wedding, with a frown on her forehead and hands on her hips. There was a faint pout underneath her piercing gaze. The vision instantly snapped a wire in his mind and he immediately remembered. “Oh , it’s tomorrow!” He checked the clock on his bedside table and his face turned horror. “It is today!”

Quickly he shuffled from the bed and dived into his duffel bag in search for his phone. He managed to stumble and nearly kissed the floor when his feet got tangled with the duvet. His curses were endless as he began punching the numbers and waited while pacing the darkened room.

“Yunho!” he nearly screamed into the phone after he heard a lazy ‘hello…’ from the other end. “Yunho, Yunho, Yunho!!” he repeated out of anxiousness. His thoughts were running everywhere. “Yunho, help me!”

He didn’t notice the small jumps he made until he started to feel a little bit dizzy. “Yunho, are you there? Man, don’t sleep on me! This is an emergency!” he called out desperately, looking at the clock every now and then.

“Fifty dollars for every minute you take off my sleeping time,” Yunho muttered annoyingly. “It’s 2 in the morning, Jaejoong. What do you want?”

“I totally forgot!” Jaejoong continued with his exclamation tone. “It’s our anniversary tomorrow, Yunho, and I totally forgot! She’s coming back in a few hours. My God, what should I do? What should I do?”

Jaejoong heard him huff and then there was a momentary silence before Yunho said, “She is your wife, it is your anniversary, why are asking me?”

“I know, I know…” Jaejoong bit his lips. “But I can’t think properly when I’m panicked like this.”

“Then calm down-”

“Give me some ideas. Please, anything,” Jaejoong pleaded. “Wait. You know what, I’m coming over right now. I need to hear something from everyone.” He immediately dashed into the bathroom with his phone still clumsily attached to his ears. He heard Yunho groan and the line went dead.

 

It felt as if Yunho had just got off the phone with Jaejoong when there was a knock on their apartment door. He groaned louder and pressed onto his sleepy eyes to get them awake before shuffling to the bed next to his like a grumpy drunken man. “Yah, Yoochun, wake up. Wake up, wake up!” he patted the lump on the bed more harshly with each word. He then left the sleepy bum of his friend when the knock on the door became louder. Yunho tried not to hit with anything as he made his way through the living room to open the door.

“I will not forgive you if-“

“Where’s everyone?” Jaejoong asked, far from acknowledging that Yunho was about to threaten him again. He will deal with any needed compensations later. What was more important was not to appear utterly hopeless in front of his wife who had been all kinds of wonderful in his life thus far. He immediately walked towards the first bedroom and switched on the light mercilessly and patted the lump still curled underneath the blanket. “Yoochun, up up up!” He smacked Yoochun’s bum and pinched on his sides, causing the poor man to gasp and consequently fell off the bed.

“What the- YAH!”

“Emergency. Don’t go back to sleep,” Jaejoong told him and strolled off to the next bedroom, waking the other two up the same way as he did Yoochun. Changmin in particular didn’t take it well and subconsciously sent a punch flying towards Jaejoong, which Jaejoong managed to dodge out of familiar reflexes. Yunho didn’t bother to do anything and just watched by the door with his arms crossed and his eyes heavy. “Come on, living room, meeting, now!”

It took Jaejoong ten whole minutes to get everyone gathered, with Changmin still dozing off even as he walked. The energetic person in the room was solely Jaejoong.

“So Yunho,” Jaejoong began as the last of them took his seat, “have you thought of anything?”

“Wait wait, what’s going on here? Fire practice?” Junsu cut in groggily.

“Look, I’m sorry to wake everyone up at this hour like this,” Jaejoong was sincerely apologetic, “I know it’s my fault that I let it slip my mind, but right now I really need help on this. I don’t want to look like a total failure in front of her. And I want this one to be the best anniversary ever for us so that we can have even better ones in years to come. So… please?”

“What do you want help with?” Changmin asked grumpily without opening his eyes.

“Ideas,” Yunho answered for him.

Changmin sighed and opened his eyes just slightly, still annoyed. “Flowers, candle-light dinner, a romantic stroll, all those antiques… Why can’t you just choose one from those, hyung?”

Yoochun and Junsu agreed to it immediately, wanting to go back to bed soon.

“But that’s too common,” Jaejoong’s eyebrows furrowed. “I’d like it to be different and special. Just like she is.”

“Well in that case, for one, we don’t know her like you do. We have no idea what her favourites are. We can’t just come up with some special ideas when we can’t even imagine what she’s like, you know, underneath it all?” Yunho muttered. He was the only other person awake enough to be able to utilise his head.

Jaejoong looked at his watch and it was already half past three. He sighed desperately. “I’ve made a song for her and I was planning on singing it to her on our first anniversary. But now that I thought about it again, it sounds so lame.”

There was a light chuckle from somewhere.

“I say you should just go with what you have,” Yoochun immediately told him, earning another eager nod from the sleepy Junsu. “You don’t have much time anyway, and what comes from your heart should be the most special to her.”

Jaejoong pondered over Yoochun’s words. He let his gaze stare at nothingness as his mind began to contemplate. Then out of nowhere he smacked himself in the head and groaned, “How did I even let this slip? I’m so hopeless! Sometimes I wonder what did I do to deserve someone like her.”

They guys looked at him sympathetically. “We really wish we can be of better help, hyung. If only you asked us a week prior, or at least when our minds aren’t too foggy from discontinued wonderful dreams,” Changmin voiced monotonously and stood up, walking back to his room.

“He’s right, Jae,” Yunho patted his back supportively. “But if you need help with something you already have in mind, then you can count us in.”

He pursed his lips and looked at the rest of the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter