Finding The Back Door

Autumn's Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finding The Back Door (Yunho and Jaejoong) - not a

 

The night had never been quieter. The full moon glowed brilliantly, but nobody seemed to agree with nature’s happiness. Jaejoong wished that he could enjoy this rare sight, but duty calls. He had a mission to accomplish, and it must be done by tonight. If they were to wait any longer, a few lives might be in danger. He needed to focus.

He checked his watch every once in a while. It was almost time for his target to arrive at the scene. No, he didn’t invite his target here. He had only been spying on his target since he received the mission and noted on his target’s schedule pattern since then. And he knew that in any minute, his target should be walking along the side-walk across from where he was. Usually his target will have a friend with him, but not tonight. His target will be alone. There will be no witnesses, thus it will be easier for Jaejoong’s superior to hide the deed from the public. After all, his current target is a well-known public figure. He needed to be extremely discreet.

Jaejoong maintained his position behind one of the curtained windows of the shops. It was too dark for anyone to see him. Slowly and carefully, he unclasped the window’s lock and slid the frame upwards. He positioned his silenced revolver steadily through the gap and waited for the one man that has murdered so many. And so that man appeared only seconds later, looking troubled and in a hurry. Jaejoong counted to three and pressed the trigger, his expression never changed as he did so. The body fell limply to the ground. Almost immediately, a few men in blacks appeared out of nowhere and dragged the body away.

The deed was done. But Jaejoong wasn’t happy. He hated to kill. But some criminals just didn’t deserve a second chance. It was a necessary elimination.

As quietly as he sneaked into the shop, he left, leaving no evidence that someone had been in the shop at all.

~~~

“What were you doing all night last night?” Yunho asked during breakfast on the next day. “You look like you need more sleep.”

Jaejoong looked up from his food and sighed. “Since when did you learn to nag, Yunho? I’m a big boy. I can take care of myself.”

Yunho pursed his lips at that and continued on his meal without another word. He had this unreadable expression on his face, but Jaejoong didn’t think he needed to know the details. He assumed that it might be related to Yunho’s work at the office. He did seem a lot busier these past few weeks. Maybe there are some corporation issues, or a huge new project to think about. Whatever it is, Jaejoong didn’t think that money was the problem. They had too much of those at their disposal.

“I’m leaving town tonight. I have to meet a business partner in Japan. If anyone asks for me, tell them to leave a message,” Yunho explained as soon as he was finished with his food. He wiped his mouth with the napkin and stood up from the chair. “I’ll see you when I see you.”

Jaejoong waved his fork at Yunho’s direction to tell him that he understood, and resumed eating. He ignored the roaring sound of the engine, which told him that Yunho had left the premises. Jaejoong sighed again. He knew, that beneath Yunho’s cold tone that, there’s someone warm inside who really cared about his existence. Even if they were only adopted brothers, Yunho is all he had as a family. He knew that Yunho cared despite the tone that he used with Jaejoong every day.

Just as he was leaving the dining table to return to his room, his phone beeped. He checked his phone at it was an urgent message from his superior. He pursed his lips and threw the phone aside. He washed up and changed into a more appropriate suit, retrieved his phone and immediately left on his Ducati.

“You’re late,” was the greeting he received from the secretary when he arrived at the front of his boss’s office.

Jaejoong glared at the guy who looked too young to be working for such an influential person. The intensity managed to shut him up.

“Sir, Mr Kim is ready to see you now,” he half-mumbled into the intercom, feeling slightly embarrassed at Jaejoong who wouldn’t stop staring.

“Send him in.”

The boy nodded and ushered Jaejoong inside. He left as quickly as he came in, leaving Jaejoong . He knew they were about to discuss something that is highly confidential.

~~~

The next thing Jaejoong knew is that he’s being shoved into a plane, to be on his way to Japan. He was given a 48 hours mission to investigate about a massive drug-dealing operation that is about to take place between two of the most dangerous mafia groups of Korea and Japan at a hotel in Tokyo. He needed to find out exactly who are involved, and of course, every other tiny details that he could get his hands on.

As soon as the seat-belt sign was turned off, he unfastened it and brought his feet up. He was in the first class cabin, yet he didn’t care what other people think or how they were giving him looks. All that mattered is that he’s comfortable and could get a decent sleep before arriving. God, he had just finished a mission, but was sent to another in less than 12 hours. He’s starting to feel the serious lack of sleep.

*more than an hour later*

“Sir... Sir...” one of the stewardesses shook his body gently to wake him up. “We’re going to land soon. Please put on your--- AHH!”

Out of reflex, Jaejoong had grabbed onto her arm and twisted it backwards at an immense speed and did a head-lock. He opened his sleepy eyes wide in alert at the disturbance. It was only after a moment that he realised who he had attacked. “Oh my God, I’m so sorry!” He immediately released her and helped her get back on her feet. “I’m really sorry. I don’t usually do that to people. Are you okay?”

“It’s fine, sir. Please, fastened up your seat-belt and straighten your seat for landing,” she said kindly, holding her arm close to herself. A colleague came to her side and helped her leave the scene and out of sight.

Jaejoong sighed and pulled his beanie even lower. He hastily fastened his seat-belt and wore his shades to avoid the disturbing gazes from other passengers.

~~~

Ever since he was young, Jaejoong had always fancied police games. He loved the action and justice it coveys. He loved to investigate, and stop bad people from doing bad stuff to the world. He vowed to always protect everyone around him, be it family or a random tourist he met at the city. He’s a big fan of peace, but the case was a total opposite for his adoptive brother Yunho.

Jung Yunho had always been the spoiled rich kid since they first met and become brothers. If it wasn’t for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter