Seven Songs

Autumn's Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seven Songs (featuring Kim Jaejoong+OC)

 

Waiting...

Will there be the end of it?

How much longer will I have to wait, for a love that is not assured?

 

It has been years.

With patience and trust, I’ve constantly believed that you will come, someday…

You were there in flesh and blood, too close to be touched.

Yet why, it felt so far away

 

Can’t you feel the pain?

Until that day comes, I’ll be here

While waiting for life to take me

To be revived by a hope that you’ll keep your promise…

Until that day comes, I’ll still believe.

 

“Yah. Is this it? It doesn’t even sound poetic! How can I show this to Mr Park and get it approved? I still need to compose with this. Aish!”

“Take it and fix it or just throw it away, Jaejoong. I told you. I’m quitting.”

Jaejoong stared at the back view of the girl in disbelief. The piece of paper was clutched tightly in between his fingers. One by one, his steps brought him nearer to the girl who was busily packing some stuff scattered on the bed. “Don’t tell me you’re actually serious. What do you mean you’re quitting?”

The girl let out a heavy sigh and straightened up. She turned around and looked at Jaejoong in the eye. “I quit. Is that so hard to understand? Go away, Jae.” She pushed him then went back to diligently putting her belongings into the bag, disappointment clearly written in her face.

“Hey, let’s be reasonable here. How can you leave when we’re only a few months’ away from the highlight of our career?” he tried to laugh it off. The sheet now lay forgotten on the wooden floor after Jaejoong threw it away like rubbish. The girl was more important.

The luggage was ready. She was ready. It was time to leave.

“Come on, InKyung-ah,” he was getting more anxious. “You can’t leave now. Please.”

“I’ve made the decision a long time ago, Jae. You should’ve stopped me then. It’s already too late.” Gently, she pushed him out of her way and went to the door that will separate their destinies for the rest of their lives.

He wasn’t giving up. He caught her arm before she could open the door. “This is our hard work. We’ve made it this far together.”

“It’s not, Jae. It’s not ours. And we’re not together.”

No words could come out from his lips. “What do you mean?”

“It means that this doesn’t belong to me anymore,” she spoke softly and worked to take off the ring on her fourth finger. Without emotions, she took Jaejoong’s left hand and placed the diamond ring on his palm. “I wish you all the happiness, Jae. Goodbye.”

***

It all happened two weeks ago. The one person, who has been by his side through thick and thin without any complaint, has left him without a trace. It was a loss, both to his career and his life. What they all say was true. You’ll never know how valuable something might be until you’ve lost it. And he didn’t expect that she could mean this much to him.

At this very sidewalk was where he met her for the first time. He had to admit, he was stupid. The images in front of him had only brought back all the emotions he was trying to forget. She was gone, he wanted to assure himself. He thought it was the best way to cure his troubled heart. A glass that was shattered could never be mended. And hers was the most fragile. Maybe it was best for him to let go.

Both his hands formed a clumsy fist inside his jacket pockets. The wind was getting colder. His nose was turning numb and people were leaving the sidewalks to enter the shops nearby. Though, he didn’t mind the weather one bit. He didn’t deserve the warm. She had given him plenty of it, and it was time that he paid for it.

“Hyung!” a voice called out to him in worry. “We’ve been looking all over the town for you!”

He turned towards the voice in reluctance. “Ah, Changmin-ah. What’s up?”

“Mr Park told us that the concert will go on without the final piece. We’ll just use the hit song from your last album as the finale. The decision is final.”

Jaejoong looked at Changmin’s direction as if he had just spoken another language. “No,” was his final reply. He then swiftly turned and walked in the opposite direction.

“Huh? Why not? HYUNG!”

He continued walking forward and ignored the calls of his technical assistant who was like a brother to him. With each step he took, he felt like more of his own self was lost. He was starting to lose it. He was starting to go crazy.

“HYUNG! Why are you being like this? This is your dream! Why are you throwing away your dream?” His assistant was as persistent as ever. With each word, Jaejoong’s patience was thinning.

And finally, it bursts…

“What is the use of fulfilling a dream when it’s incomplete?” Jaejoong shot at him. His hands grabbed tightly at Changmin’s collars, threatening him. “What’s the use of pushing it forward when you’re no longer together?” he continued more softly. One by one, his tears started to fall. His intense gaze at Changmin was turning into a blur.

“Hyung, I thought…”

Both of them stared at each other. Jaejoong wished that Changmin would just beat him up into pulps right then and there.

***

‘The most anticipated concert by the nation’s most popular couple group, Kim Jaejoong and Shim InKyung, has unfortunately been cancelled. The separation rumour that followed the pair in early of August this year has been confirmed th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter