My Heart's Honesty

Autumn's Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Heart's Honesty (Kim Junsu + OC) - requested

 

It was night, the sun has long set and the road they were taking began to clear as the time passed. She looked to her left and right to see some suspicious glares directed towards them, or specifically towards him. He wasn’t supposed to be out at the moment. He was supposed to be at the studio, waiting for his turn for the recording. But he told the rest of them that he had just lost the feel he needed to sing the new song. He wanted to grasp it back, and with that he requested to take a short drive around the block. Of course, he couldn’t go out unaccompanied while at work, and the short drive turned out to be quite a lengthy outing. He told her he needed to go to this specific place, and she easily let him. To her, it was more important that he will be able perform his best for their new album.   She pulled her cap closer to her face, hiding her facial features from their curious eyes. Rumours has spread that she was more to him than his mere bodyguard. When she first came to work, people had immediately assumed that she was a small man to have been given such a risky task. But as time passed, the audience began to question her gender. Her curves were almost obvious under the manly clothes she had to wear, and simply she was too beautiful to be a male. She was forced to keep her face hidden from then on if she was to keep her job. Only the stars themselves knew what she really was.

“I’m sorry to have troubled you, Amalia. Really, I won’t mind if you want to wait in the car. This shouldn't take too long,” he told her in whispers.

She straightened her shoulders and replied, “I’m paid to do what I do. I will keep you safe from any threats of these streets. I will go with you.”

He smiled. “You’ve worked too hard. But look, they seem to have recognised me,” he spoke as his eyes met with certain pedestrians. “They will use this to feed on the rumours, you know that right?”

“False rumours will die sooner or later. They can say whatever they want. Even if it contain some truths, they still wouldn’t know for sure unless you decide to announce it formally through the mass media.”

“Well, that's true…” he agreed.

They continued to walk until Junsu stopped right in front of a small fountain at the park. She stood there right next to him, waiting for his next actions. But he just stared at the flowing water, his gaze unwavering. She immediately figured that this must be the place that he meant.

It was very quiet for the next few minutes. It seemed as if nothing moved, nothing breathed, as if the earth has stopped. Junsu was so immersed in his own thoughts, truly refilling the empty spaces with the feeling that was lost.

“Have you ever fallen in love?” suddenly he turned to her and asked. The light in his eyes changed from minutes ago. He could be in another world now, a world created for the new song perhaps.

“Why such questions all of a sudden? What does my most private feelings have to do with you regaining your inspiration?” Surprise was evident in her eyes.

He knew that she wouldn’t respond to him. He smiled, but the light in his eyes dimmed. He looked to the fountain again and sighed. “This is a bit embarrassing to say to you, but honestly I do wish that the rumour was true.”

Her heart made a small leap at the statement.

“I know it sounds crazy, but works aside, I think I like you.”

“Do you realise what you’re saying now, Mr Kim?” she shot him a nervous glare.

“It’s just that I’ve never felt this way before. I care towards so many people, I’ve loved before, but this feeling here now is so foreign,” he rested his right palm on his heart. “That is why I’m asking you; have you ever fallen in love before, with a person that could possibly be your other half?”

She turned and saw him look directly into her eyes, fully expecting for hope. “Are you asking me to help you clarify if the feeling is truly that kind of love, or are you asking me to know if the feeling is mutual?”

He laughed nervously. “Both?”

She was silent for a while. “Well, I can tell you that my heart is not taken yet as of the moment.” He grinned at this. “And that I think I’m not worthy for someone as special as you. You are Kim Junsu for crying out loud.”

His gaze turned serious at her latter words. “What do you mean you’re not worthy? How can you say that when all that I’ve been looking for is someone like you?” He fought the urge to grab her hands and squeeze them.

“I honestly don’t know what you’ve seen in me. It is a lie if I say that I’m not attracted to you, because you are very, but look at me,” she pointed out her exterior. “I’m a girl who dresses like a man and works as a bodyguard and hits other people. I’m not as graceful as a good woman should be. You deserve much better than who I am.”

He pursed his lips and stared longingly into her eyes. “But still, this means that you do harbor some feelings for me, right?”

“I don’t know…” she concluded sadly.

~~~

It was nearing midnight. She watched as he left into the car with s. He made a tiny wave towards her, and she willingly waved back. This simple exchange brought the brightest smile to his lips. Just then, she realised that this task has turned out to be much easier than how she thought it would be at the start.

She smiled at her previous thoughts of him. She couldn’t believe that he would actually confess such things to her, and she had only been around for a couple of months to this date. Did she really succeeded in sending out the right intentions and ideas to him? It was part of her job to make him believe that she has eyes for him. But she had wanted for the development to be slow and steady, at least up until the trust between them was strong enough before any one of them were to admit to their feelings, a false one on her side. But then again, maybe this would be for the better. All she needed to do now is to pretend to slowly accept his offer. Then she will be a step closer towards accomplishing her main goal for this mission.

She pulled out her Blackberry and sent a note to her superior, reporting her day’s progress. She knew that he would be pleased to know that the duration could be cut short, and so is some of the other expenses. She was happy.

All the way home, she couldn’t deny that all her thoughts were filled with Kim Junsu. The visual of him recording after they went back from the fountain was perfect. She had never seen him sing any better than that, and she couldn’t help but relate his good performance to their earlier conversation. He told her that his real inspiration for the song was she, and that the anxieties of not letting her know his feelings was blocking his own emotions from pouring into the song. He had to let it out, and he was willing to wait for her final decision.

She had never seen Kim Junsu so flustered.

Just then, her Blackberry rang and it was her superior. “Yes, Mr Park.”

“Did you manage to get any valuable information about his uncle’s whereabouts yet?” came his authoritive voice, straight to the point. He didn’t sound as pleased as she thought he would be at her fast progress.

“Not yet, sir. I’m still on my way to gain his full trust, and by then I will subtly investigate him through casual conversations.”

“Ms Kim, I’ve expected better from you. We have reports saying that his uncle is recruiting and on the move. They are planning on another take over. At this point, simply keeping Kim Junsu away from his uncle’s grasp won’t be enough. We need to take the clan down once and for all. We need to work faster.”

“I understand, sir. I’ll report back to you immediately once I have some information.”

“Good. As you were.” Then the line went dead.

She sighed. Now, aside from pretending to fall in love with that poor guy, she will have to start interrogating and invade his privacy. She wondered if he would allow her the information as easily as he had fell for her.

~~~

The next day came a bit too fast for her. She arrived at their meeting point earlier than usual. Today, TVXQ would be having an outdoor photo shoot at a popular tourists’ street mall. She would expect there to be a huge commotion among the pedestrians, knowing that TVXQ is also very well known internationally. Even the local people would be expected to flood the area. She and her fellow colleagues will have their hands full all throughout the day, until the photo shoot ends.

Just as she was standing idly on the pavement, a tap on her shoulder startled her. She turned immediately and was greeted by a grinning Kim Junsu. His face was hidden under his hoodie and he wore sunglasses even when the sun wasn’t very bright yet. He was alone.

“Mr Kim, why are you by yourself?” she asked him, searching for his eyes from under her cap.

He slowly took the sunglasses off and let his eyes meet hers. “Can you not call me Mr Kim? I feel like a stranger to you.”

“It’s work etiquette, Mr Kim. I have to even if I don’t want to. Now tell me why are you here earlier than the others?” she looked over at the other bodyguards roaming around the area.

“Oh, they will come soon. I was the first one ready, and I thought I could talk to you before the photo shoot starts, so I decided to come here early,” he smiled meaningfully. “I’ve been very cautious on my way here, don’t worry,” he immediately added when he saw her crossed gaze.

“Please don’t ever do that again,” she reminded softly. “If anything ever happens to you, I would be held fully responsible. Do you wish to see me rot in jail for something like that?”

“Absolutely not!” he exclaimed, attracting attention from some people nearby. He hissed silently and put his sunglasses back on. “Sorry. Of course not, you’re the girl I wish to be with. I don’t want such events to happen to you,” he continued more softly.

Her face blushed at his blunt statement. He smirked playfully.

“All you have to do is accept my proposal, Amalia Kim,” he teased.

She looked away for a moment. “Even if I want to, I don’t think I can.”

His playful expression turned the opposite. “Why not? Is it because of my parents?”

“No, your parents are such charming people. What worries me is the fact that you’re a favourite nephew to one of your uncles. And that particular uncle looks very scary to me. I don’t think he would except someone like me, even as your girl.”

“Look,” he took hold of her shoulders and turned her to look at him. “I will not let anyone get in the way of me and you. Besides, my uncle isn’t that bad once you get to know him. He’s very nice.”

“It’ll still be hard to win him, I could be sure of it. I’ve never seen someone like him before. At a look, he seems fairly nice, but his eyes are very dark and clouded. I can’t figure out what he’s thinking.”

“Why are you so worked up over my uncle?” Junsu’s brows furrowed as thoughts ran through his head. Then a sudden realisation hit him and his face turned into a small smile. “Wait, are you trying to say that you’re actually giving a chance at the idea of us being together?” he said as he tried his best to suppress a grin.

Her eyes bulged all at once and his largest grin broke out. “J-just the idea anyway. An idea that is as vague as it coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter