The Most Special

Autumn's Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was letting myself go for this one, so it might turn out a bit different from the other one-shots, but I hope it's still lovable. =) 'The Most Special' doesn't have any particular theme behind it. *sigh*

 

The Most Special (Changmin+OC)

I shuffled my notes together and placed them between the pages of my notebook. I glanced at my tutor in front who was still trying to get his student’s attention for the last few minutes before the class was over. His effort was left in despair as his voice was drowned by the sound of excited people packing up to leave. I felt pity, but I guess he was already used to this. After all, our final semester is ending soon, and the final exams are coming in just a few weeks.

Slowly standing up from my seat, I pulled the strap of my sling back over my right shoulder and gathered all my books in one arm. I looked around before slipping in between the people walking down the aisle towards the exit.

“Thanks, sir,” I nodded my head politely at the middle-aged man as I was about to walk out of the door along with my fellow classmates. He smiled back as usual.

It was a very tiring week. With assignments piling up as well as the exams crouching nearer each day, it’s a miracle how I managed to survive. It would be much easier if I just give up.

But of course I couldn’t, because I have his support.

I peeked at my watch and saw the time. Crap. I fastened my pace as I descended the stairs, pushing my way through the crowd lightly. I know I’ve told him not to wait for me, but his smile earlier told me that he didn’t care.

The autumn air brushed my face as I opened the main door of the building. It was colder outside. Clutching my books tighter to my body, I strode towards the Great Court where people were seen sitting on the grass while enjoying the remaining warmness of the setting sun.

There he was, throwing a white coloured Frisbee across the field with a wide, happy smile on his face. His tall and slender body was quite easy to establish, as well as his handsome Asian features which stood out from the rest of the other Caucasians. The wind blew, pushing his hair backwards and revealing his y forehead that I loved so much.

My pace slowed as a sigh left my lips. He’s one really stubborn guy.

I saw him threw the plastic plate a few more rounds before he finally noticed that I was approaching. He immediately stopped as his grin became wider. I smiled and waved.

The friend who he was playing with understood that the game has ended and came to us to initiate a closing handshake. “Good game, mate. Catch you some other time then.”

He took the friend’s hand and shook it gladly. “Thanks for keeping me company, James,” he replied with a smile and the friend mouth a ‘no worries’ before striding off with the white Frisbee in his hands.

As I was watching the back of the guy who was walking away, I felt a hand grabbed firmly on my own. I turned and stood a good few inches lower in front of him. His whole face was smiling. Maybe his ears too...

“I told you, you didn’t have to wait,” I spoke first as he grabbed all the books in my other arm and held it for me. He then pulled me with him towards his bag under the tree.

“And I told you, it must be today.”

I frowned.

“But you said you have a test at 5, which is in half an hour. Don't tell me you were serious about skipping that class?” I followed him regardless of how much I’m against what he was intending to do. “I thought it includes 30% of your final grade for that subject?”

He just smiled and put my books inside his bag and slung it over his shoulder in one swift move. “You’re forgetting that I’m a straight ‘A+’ student,” he beamed. “The lecturer let me off without much question. He was confident that I’ll get full marks for it again anyways.”

“Tch…”

He caught my concern and utmost disapproval within my own silence. He stopped walking, came closer to me and held both my shoulders firmly, forcing me to look into his eyes.

“Don’t worry. My grades will be fine. There are more important things that I [i]must[/i] do today,” he assured with a hidden smile.

“But I’m sure we can do it some other day,” I still tried to insist. “Isn’t studies your first priority right now?”

He immediately shook his head. “No, baby... YOU are my first priority, ALWAYS.”

I felt the heat suddenly rose across my face. Upon seeing my supposed redden cheeks, he laughed lightly.

“You haven’t blushed like that in a very long time,” he commented as he s his arms along my small waist and pulled me closer. I had no choice but to follow his lead towards a place he didn’t want to tell me.

“At least tell me where we’re going,” I muttered, still feeling embarrassed at his earlier comment.

“If I tell you then it won’t be as special anymore.”

***

“Since when did you start ditching your classes, Shim Changmin?” I asked while we were inside his car. The road was a bit busy since most of the university students were also on their way back home. It was after all a Friday night.

I kept my eyes on the road as I waited for him to reply.

“I never ditch my classes. I only ever negotiated the need of my attendance with the tutor, that’s all,” he grinned. “Seriously,” he started as his left hand searched for my right, “stop worrying about me.”

I turned to look at him and saw the happy aura still illuminating around him. I was happy to see him so happy, but it scared me that I didn’t know why.

Wait.

Don’t tell me...

. . .

Does he already know about [i]that[/i]?

Involuntarily, my heart started to pump very hard. I bet my face turned even redder now and I could’ve been mistaken for a tomato head. I turned to look away from him, biting my lips hard. Please please let my assumptions be false.

Talking about being obvious, his hand let go of mine and he reached to pull my hair away from my face. “Baby? What’s wrong?” he said as his eyes returned to the road.

I wanted to reply him. I have the words ready inside my head. But I can’t find myself to say it out loud.

He was silent for a while. I could feel the enthusiasm was slowly leaving him as it gets quieter. I wanted to believe that it was because we’ve left the busy grounds and was now on the road towards our peaceful home.

“You’re right. Maybe this isn’t such a good idea. I’m sorry,” he said briefly after the car stopped at our driveway. The sun was still setting, which made it even more painful to see that his smiles were gone in a split second.

No, no... If I don’t fix this, I know today’s going to turn very w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter