Dropping rain.

Why did I fall in love with you?

 

"What are you doing here?" Kyara inquired after regaining her stumbling composure. She figured she must have asked the question a while ago. Jin shrugged. Unknowingly, he just laid his eyes on Kyara, who was apparently standing still a mere foot in front of him. She was wearing a white fluffy blouse with a cerulean jacket over and a blue lacey skirt to match it all up. Her hair was pulled up in a tight bun, only a few fringe were messily placed on her face. Her huge, dark eyes were squinting a bit as she observed him critically, still waiting for his response.

"I don't know, maybe because of this." Jin bluntly said, totally returning to his old and usual self. He held out the letter from his pocket for her to see.

"No way- That's-" Kyara gasped in disbelief. She was that of certain that she already threw the thing away. Automatically, she filched the letter from Jin as she hid it away from his sight. She put her hands on her back and by then, tried to avoid his gaze.

"Where did you get this?" She muttered in such a low voice.

"Somewhere." Jin answered nonchalantly. Slowly, your voice was getting farther from Sara. Jin felt relieved and thought that he might be just a little bit uneasy a while ago, that's why he heard Sara's voice.. Not yours.


"Have you... read it?" Kyara asked, although she already assumed that he did. She inwardly faceslapped herself for asking such an obvious question.

"Never mind. You're returning it anyways, so it doesn't matter anymore." She heaved out, clearly accepting her defeat.

She was about to turn around and go back inside her apartment when suddenly, a hand tugged on her wrist.

"Wait." Jin called.

Kyara froze. Partly out of confusion, mainly because of the skin contact. Jin tightly held her wrist, making her nearly pass out over a mere touch.

Jin kept a calm face. He her wrist as he gently twirled her around. Thus, making them face each other once again.

Kyara blushed. True enough, she'd seen his face this close only in her dreams. Her eyes set on his dreamily as Jin tried to avoid her eyes this time.

Jin faked a cough before releasing her weakened arm. He swiftly scooted the letter from her as he whispered, "Who told you that I'm returning it?"

Kyara bit her lip in confusion. "What do you mean?" Jin flashed a smile, making Kyara faceslapped herself, literally.

"Itai..!" She winced in pain as she pampered both of her cheeks with her palm. Her face was furiously red by now as she continued to hide it from Jin.


'She's clearly not Sara-chan.' He thought, his mind all made up.

"So..." Kyara started. She paused, gulping real hard before continuing. "If you aren't returning it, are you saying that.." Kyara was loss as she was unable to find words.

"Whatever you say.." Jin snickered, putting the letter safely back to his pocket.

&&

"Why did you ditch school today?" Jin asked. They were sitting on a bench, facing the enticing scenery of the river near the park. The sky was dimmed as the rain might not fail Kyara's umbrella.

"I wasn't feeling well." Kyara answered. It was still unclear to her why were they together in that place. All she knew was that Jin was the one who brought her there. She refused to believe though that Jin accepted her feelings. It was just plain impossible. 

"Senpai..." She called. Jin remained silent, his eyes were still glued to nowhere in particular. His back was sloppily rested on the wooden bench while Kyara was beside him, only a mere foot was spacing them apart.

"Why wouldn't you smile more often?" Kyara peered curiously. Jin turned to face her.

"There's no reason to smile." He coldly said, sighing.

Kyara returned the very same sigh before yawning, "Aish. . . Does everything need a reason? Smiling is healthier than frowning." Kyara giggled before yawning again. After all, she hadn't had enough sleep last night because of the heartbreak, which was truly the reason why she didn't come to school that day.

On the other hand, Jin stiffened. He was weirdly astonished at her, being nearly affected over her giggles. Her smile was something captivating. Her meaningful words sent him into thinking.

"Ne, Bakanishi. Someday, somehow, I'm quite sure that you'll meet the person meant for you. She might come in the most unexpected time. Maybe, in the most unusual way as well. Remember to always open your heart and keep watch when she comes. . ."

Sara's words rang his head.
"It can't be." He disagreed with his thoughts. He was still deep into his nearly insane mind, not until a sudden weight leaned on his shoulder. Jin went flustered for a moment as he turned to see Kyara resting her head against his chest. Surprisingly, she was fast asleep with her eyes closed tightly.


Jin was about to wake her up and move her away when suddenly, droplets of rain fell from the sky. Jin opened his palm and checked on the pouring rain.

"Aishh. Say who's unlucky." He hissed, irritated. Apparently, Kyara was still sleeping on his side, which in turn made Jin's heart beat faster. He stared on her sleeping face as he inhaled her fragrant hair.

Jin was unknowingly smiling at Kyara, but was distracted when a drop of rain touched her face. Her eyes moved a bit but nonetheless, she was still asleep.

The rain was slowly progressing even more when Jin found the umbrella beside Kyara. He opened it and sheltered both of them. But unfortunately enough for him, the umbrella was a little too small for two people to share. The rain began dropping crazily as Jin urged himself to hold on Kyara's shoulder, pulling her closer to him. Thus, making Jin gulped because of the sudden closeness. He breathed heavily as you followed the rhythm of his moving chest. Kyara mumbled inaudible words as she shifted herself more comfortably to Jin. She placed both of her hands on his chest as she kept her head close to his neck. Jin's heartbeat flew to the fastest rate as he began to feel uneasy because of her.


He dropped into confusion. It had been two years since he felt that way. Frustrated, he pulled Kyara closer to him, clearly determined to send away his past love's image from his heart.

'Mmm... This dream seems so real.' Kyara thought dreamily, still, her eyes were shut as she sensed the familiar presence who was apparently, always in her every dream.

"Daishi-san, you said you love me right?" He whispered while fondling Kyara's shoulder. Although honestly, a part of him wanted the rain to come to a halt so that he could move away from her. Clearly enough, his mind seemed to be losing because of her, and he needed some time to think alone.


"I hope it would rain forever." Kyara mumbled to her sleep as her smile could be smoothly traced on her shut eyes. The rain was astoundingly noisy, but Jin heard her mumblings. A smile crept up on his face, his heart was somewhat getting used to the feeling of them, being that close. It's uplifting. It felt so good.

'In the meantime, I'll hold you like this,' Jin smiled as he rested his chin on top of her head. He leaned the umbrella on his shoulder and later, decided to close his eyes and savour the moment.

Just then, a fraction of second after he fell asleep, the rain stopped.

Indeed, fate has its own way of putting things together.

---
a/n

sorry if it's not that good. XC
i'll update soon!:3
xP nah! i'll try, okays?