Chapter 8

•Baby's Breath 안개꽃•

Baekhyun’s POV

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry…” the girl quickly bends down wanting to pick up the file too.

“It’s okay.” I handed her the file and heave a sigh of relief when I noticed that it’s just Chanyeol’s assistant, Kim Taeyeon. I smiled to her. She bowed and scurried away with a blush on her face when her hand accidentally brushed against mine when she took the file from my hands.

I actually wanted to stop her to ask which ward was Tiffany’s but it would’ve been awkward and I noticed a striking pink label on the ward door with the name “Tiffany” on it as soon as I turned my body to head off to the vending machine. 

After an hour of waiting, Chanyeol finally left his office and we headed off to the café downstairs. Ever since Chanyeol came out from his office, I didn’t hear a single word leaving his mouth at all. I was very worried for him. Is work taking a toll on him? He must be really stressed out with work. I decided that I would talk things out with him and hopefully be able to convince him to go on a short vacation with me before my colleague term starts.

“Hey  Yeol! Why do you look so dead? Where did my happy virus go?” I tried my best to cheer him up. He pushed up his glasses, straightened his coat, sat down and motioned me to sit down too. I took a seat opposite him. Every time he does that, I know that he has got something very serious to tell me. And the last time I remember him doing that was a few decades ago when something unfortunate happened at the Quarterz.

He began, “Do you know the reason why Miyoung was admitted into the hospital again?”

I shook my head. “Headaches?” I asked.

“Yes, but this isn’t the only reason. When her blood test result came out today, I noticed something really weird. Her blood is abnormal. I think it has to do with the incident that involved you. You know what I mean.”

My palm became sweaty. What does he mean? I know how fast my venom travels. It’s impossible. Noooo…

“I will need your blood as soon as possible but we’re not going to draw it here.” He continued.

“Then when do you need it? I’m free anytime.”

“My shift ends at 10p.m. Now, it’s 7. Wait for me for 3 hours or meet later at my place?” He stood up.

I stood up too. “Later at your place. I’ll come by at 10.30 then. Bye.”

He walks off and took the lift back to the floor where his office is.

I suddenly thought of visiting her ward. Maybe just a peek. It wouldn’t harm.

I took the lift and walk towards Ward 801. I push down the door handle and open the door slightly enough for me to peek through. I saw a girl in a white hospital gown. Her back was facing me. I was about to leave before I heard a sob. I decided to walk into the ward to see what’s wrong with Tiffany. I quietly walk to her side to find her asleep. There were tears streaming down her face. I took a seat on the chair beside her and observed her for very long. I brought my hand to her face and wiped the tears away. As soon as my hand touched her smooth face, I felt a tingling feeling in me. It feels like an electric current went pass me. I quickly retreat my hand and stood up. I covered the blanket up to waist and left the room.


Tiffany’s POV

Where is this place? Why is everything so dark?

“Tiffany. Tiffany. Tiffany” the voice was fading away.

“Who’s that?” I shouted.

There was no response.  I was standing in the middle of nowhere and all I keep hearing is the echo of wind howling. I looked up. There was a bright moon glistening up there in the sky. I turned around when I heard footsteps. There was a guy with broad shoulders. He was walking towards a hole. No, I mean a door.

Just when he was about to turn around, I felt an electrifying feeling and was jolt out of the nightmare. I felt someone covering the blanket up till my waist and before I could open my eyes to see who it is, the person had left.

I start to wonder if this person who just left my room is related to the one in my nightmares. Just thinking about it gives me the creep. I went back to sleep and fortunately no more nightmares hunt me.

 

 


Thank you for subscribing and waiting. It's the holidays and I hope I can update more when I've the time. 

60 Subscribers~ Oh yeah ^^ 

Ppyong! 

-Immafanytastic

 

 

Happy Belated Birthday to YoonA too (: And EXO's comeback!!! Congratulations~