Chapter 1

•Baby's Breath 안개꽃•

The bright full moon glistened in the dark night. It was so quiet that you could hear the winds howling at your ears. *WHOOSH WHOOSH*

 

"Huff..... Pufff......" Miyeon turns around to see if anyone is following her. Carressing her big bump, she said "Aegi ah~ Mummy is very weak already but I promise you that you will definitely see the world. Although the world is not beautiful, i want you to experience the beauty of life. Maybe, you'll not be able to see me when you arrive into this world, but don't worry because Mummy will always be watching you from above." A teardrop slide down her cheek.

Her legs were swollen and she could no longer walk. She sat in a corner of a dark, deserted alley. She talked to her bump again. It was her only company ever since she was married into the Byun family. The Byun family dislike her, they will always order her around. Her husband, Byun Baekhon was the most caring man you will ever find on earth. But when she married him, his character changed drastically. He no longer calls her his darling, comes home early. And whenever she questions him, he would just slap and scold her. She had been tortured and she could no longer take it. She wanted a better life for her daughter. And that's why she had chosen to escape.

"Aegi ah~ Even though your father's surname is Byun, but I would not want you to have this surname. If you have this surname, they might find you and bring you back. I don't think you'll be able to lead a happy life with them.... Remember from now on, you'll be a Hwang. Your name will be Miyoung. Hwang Miyoung, Tiffany will be your name."

Tiffany's POV

I finally hear my mum speak again. I want to see her. I want to see how pretty she is. Today.... Yes... Today will be the day.

I always hear my mum talking about the torture she is experiencing. I really want to take revenge on people who have bullied mum.

And she told me my name today. Hwang Miyoung, Tiffany! I don't like Miyoung but I love the name Tiffany. Heehee~

*kicks* Mum, I just want to tell you I'm alive and well so you must be healthy too.

No one's POV

"Omo! My darling just kicked. Heehee~" Miyeon carressed her bump. She wrapped her legs close to her body to keep warm. She was dozing off.

Out of the blue, a dark figure appeared. And he's staggering towards Miyeon. He sway from left to right.

"Hey you!" , he shouted and point his fingers at Miyeon. "What are you doing here?"

Miyeon panick and stand up trying to run away. But before she could even run out of the alley and into the streets, the guy had already blocked the path and is right in front of her.

"I'm really thirsty now. And I would like you to help me quench my thirst."

"What..What ... What must I...I d...o?" Miyeon ask the drunk young man. She is shivering in fear and her legs are rooted to the ground.

The drunk man leans closer to her. "Please do not do anything to me. I have a child... Please....", she started sobbing.

"What's your child's name? Huh?"

"Hwang Miyoung, Tiffany." Although Miyeon doesn't know why the guy wants her daughter's name. She just give them to him so she and her daughter can be safe.

Just then, a piercing pain can be felt in her stomach. "AHHHHH!!!", Miyeon shouted. There's water on the floor. Miyeon's water bag has burst and that means that the child will come out anytime. She fell to the ground clutching on her bump.

The young guy was shoken out of his drunken state when she heard Miyeon's cries.

"Gwenchana?" He ran to her side when he saw blood flowing out. Although he didn't know what to do, but his instincts told him to check her lower private part to see if the child's head can be seen or not. He was really thirsty but he had to hold in his thirst. He called out to Miyeon, "Madam, please push harder. You are almost there."

With the last push, a loud cry filled the quiet night. "Wahhhh Wahhhh....." It was Tiffany. She was safely delivered but her mother is already at the brink of dying.

"Thank you...."

"It's Baekhyun."

"Thank you so much Baekhyun...." Miyeon said using the last bits of her energy. "Please take good care of her and please do not give her back to the Byun family. Please keep it as a secret. Thank you so mu...ch.". Miyeon is still suffering but she suddenly felt someone biting and on her neck. She lost her last breath ,her hands that were carressing her daughter who is in her savior's hands drop to the side.

Miyeon had left the world and left her daughter in the hands of a Byun.


HI! What do you think of this first chapter?

Nice? Not nice?

Please comment below. Thank you~ :)

The first chapter is kinda short, right? *bows* Miahne.

This chapter talks more about Tiffany's family background.