Is It You?

Nothing I Wanted, But Something I Needed

  Minho's P.O.V :

Is this what Tae didn't want me to see? A big picture frame on the wall with alot of pictures in it... and no unicorns? What was so wrong with that? I took a closer look at the picture frame, and I saw it. Why is Baek Soonjoo in the picture frame? He was the quarterback at our school a while ago, but moved. We were friends before he came to the school, but we didn't really talk anymore. I have his new number, so I must call him... wait, off topic. Does Tae like him? I take an even closer look, and I see something shocking. I see a photobooth picture of Taemin and Soonjoo. They were kissing and hugging, so that could only mean 1 thing... they were dating!!!!! That must be who Taemin was saying " Why did you leave me? Where did you go? I miss you. I love you. " to. Wow Taemin... I had no clue!!! A plan hatched in my head. I ran out of the room quietly, and ran into Tae's room. I put the key back where I got it, and went into the bathroom. " Okay Taemin, I think you're good." " Oh, great!!! So Minho, how did you like the secret room? Did it satisfy you? " I paused for a moment. HOW DID HE KNOW THAT? " What do you mean? I was right in my room." " Save it!!! You think I don't know how noisy you are? I put the key there on purpose, knowing you would sneek in." " Oh... I... uh. So, a football player, I never thought you had it in you! " " Shut up and get out so I can get out of the shower!!! " I laughed and left the bathroom, making it to my own room. I grabbed my cellphone and called the number to Baek Soonjoo. Taemin's going to really enjoy this!!! It rang and rang and rang until finally... " Hello? " " Baek Soonjoo? Is this Baek Soonjoo? " " Yes. Who is this? " " This is Choi Minho." " Oh, hey Minho! How have you been? " " Great. Listen, do you know anyone by the name of Lee Taemin? " " Yah, I know the nerd. What about him." His voice was wavey when he said that, so I knew my guess was correct. " Drop the act, I know you 2 used to date! " " What... fine, who told you that? " " Look, do you want to see Taemin or not? " " Yes, more than anything in the world!!! " " Well why didn't you just give Tae this number? " " Because when I was getting ready to move, we had a fight, and I told him that I never loved him. I moved away the next day, and didn't give him another look." " Well, do you love him? " " More than I have ever loved anyone. Actually, I have never loved anyone." " Well, I can help you see him." " How? " " Don't worry about that now, just come over." " Does he still live in the same house? " " Yes. When is the soonest time you can get here? " " What time is it there? " " 8:00 " " Okay, give me 8 hours." " Okay, I have to go now." " Okay, and Minho..." " Yes? " " You're a good friend " He hung up the phone. Why do I feel like I want Tae to myself? It must be the sadness of not seeing unicorns. I went to Taemins room. " Hey Tae, want to go out to get food? " " I would, but it's breakfast time." " I know, let's go get breakfast." " There are places that sell breakfast? " " Duh!!! Come on! " I drove Taemin to my favorite breakfast place. 

Taemin's P.O.V :

We walked into the resteraunt, and I was amazed. There were pancakes, waffles, and so much more. They even served dinner here too!!! " Hello, where would you like to sit? " Minho looked at me, and I saw a perfect seat over by the window. We walked over to it, and sat down. She took our orders and in no time at all, our food got here. I love this place!!! Minho started to talk. " So, have you and Soojoo ever had a fight? " " Oh, well there was this one. Since I knew that he was moving, I needed a friend to comfort me. Yes, I used to have 1 friend, but that's another story. Anyway, I was walking with them, and we were talking and laughing. He thought we were together and distanced himself. I tried to ask what was wrong, but he didn't want to be around me. Finally, he told me why he was angry, and I denied it, but he told me" I know what I saw." The next day I went to his house and knocked on his door, and he came outside. I said " It wasn't what you think. I love you! " He said something I don't think I can ever forget. He said " Yah, well I don't love you", and slammed the door in my face. I cried all that day. The next day, he was gone." Tears started to form in my eyes, and I cried. Minho started to speak again. " Taemin, I didn't mean to..." " It's okay. It's not like you told me those things. If he didn't love me, so what. I have made it this far." We finished our food in silence. " Come on, let's go to the park." I followed Minho out of the door, and saw him put money on the table. I stop him. " Hey, you better hurry up and go get your money, someone could steal it." " Oh Taemin, you have so much to learn!!! " We drove to the park, and sat there for 2 hours. He pushed me on the swings again, just like last time. I don't know why I have these feelings right now, but my heart still wants Baek Soojoo. Ah, I am a mess!!! " Let's go to the mall now." " Ah Minho! I am tired! Let's go home and take naps! That is fun." " What!!! We still have loads of stuff to do." " But Minho, it's 10:30! " " It is? Well there is only a little bit of stuff to do now." " But my brain says I am tired!!! " " Well, I say you're not. Come on, please!!! " " Fine, but only a little more! " We drove to the mall, the fair, and the music store. It was all so much fun, but I have never had so much fun in my life, I was so tired!!! We got back into the car. " Okay Minho, can we go home now? " " It depends, what time is it? " " Time to go home!!! " " Taemin! " " Fine, it is 3:00 " Minho looked down with a smile... weird!!! " Okay, we can go. You can take a 1 hour nap, and 1 hour only." " Okay, mom!!! " We drove off, finally reaching home. Oh my bed, how I have missed you!!!

Minho's P.O.V :

There's not much time!!! Taemin sleeping, check. Me waiting for him, check. Me feeling jelouse, check... wait, that's not on the list!!! Why am I jelouse??? I should be happy. Yah, I am happy... right? No time to think, just do! I hear a knock at the door. " That was quick." I open the door. " Hello sir, would you like to buy some fudge nut bars? " It wasn't Soojoo, it was a cub scout. " Hello little boy! Look, I have something to do right now, but If you come back later, I will buy some of your candy! " " But sir, it's only 2.00. Please help me out." " I will... later. Now hurry along. I think the people nextdoor have 3 kids." " I already got to them. I got to everyone in this place except this house. Please sir, at least buy one." We stood like that for 30 mins. " Okay kid. The truth is that I don't have any money on me right now." " Oh please! You are so rich with this big house." " *yawn* Well look at the time! I gotta go to bed. It's my bed time." My knees were hurting from bending to his levle. " Please sir, just buy 1!!! " " Yah Minho, just buy one!!! " I heard that voice that could only belong to 1 person... Soojoo. I look up too make sure it was him, and it was. " Here you go, little boy." He gave the little boy money for some candy. " Thank you, sir!!! " The littli boy shot me an evil glare, and left. I invited him in, and we began to talk. " So, was your trip okay? " " Yes. It was quiet. So, what are you doing here? Did Taemin invite you? " " Well, I kinda live here now. But only because I need to get enough money to buy another place to stay. It's a long story, really." " Oh, well that was nice of the family. So, where is Taemin??? " " Oh, he is upstairs taking a nap." " Oh, can I go see him? " I think for a second. " Sure." We travle up the stairs and to Taemin's room. Baek Soojoo heads into Taemin's room, and sits on the bed. He Taemin's face. " Taemin. Taemin I am here." I see Taemin shift, not wakeing up. He thinks he is dreaming, and starts talking in his sleep. " Baek Soojoo? " " Yes Taemin, it's me." " Why did you leave me? " " I had no choice, I... i'm sorry." " You fought with me, when I told you I loved you!!! " He started to cry. " I know, and I hate myself for that. I don't want you thinking that I hate you. I always loved you, and I always will. I'm sorry. Actually, I am beyond sorry." Those words must have hit Tae hard, because he slowly opend his eyes. " Baek Soojoo? Is it really you? "

Taemin's P.O.V :

I stared at him, he was smiling back. " What are you doing here? " " It doesn't matter now. All that matters is me and you." He touches my hand and I jerk back. He frowns. " Why don't you 2 just stay in here, I will go down stairs." I wanted to protest, but before I could, he was gone. " Hello, Tae. How have you been? " " Don't call me that! Only Minho and my parents call me that." " Taemin, I can't begin to explain how sorry I am. Really." " Don't you dare think I will just forgive you for all the crap you put me through! " " I know. I wouldn't expect you to forgive me so soon, but I will show you that I really am sorry." " You told me you didn't love me. You didn't give me your number so I could call you. You never said sorry, and you still show your face around here! Do you have no shame? " He looked sad, but I didn't care!!! I was mad. I have never been so pissed off in my life!!! And the bad thing was... I still loved him. " I love you, Taemin." He leaned forward. I jumped off the bed. " I hate you! GET OUT!!! " " No, you don't hate me. You love me." " I HATE YOU! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!! GET OUT OF HERE!!! NOW!!! " I started to cry. I needed to be in his arms, but at the same time, I wanted to kill him!!! He pulled me into his arms, and I didn't jerk away. " I love you, Taemin! I never hated you! I was just mad. I know you won't forgive me now, but I will win back your love!!! " He ran out the door and I cried more. Why do I do this?

At school( still Tae's P.O.V):

I walked in the school doors, not wanting to do anything after yesterday. I heard alot of talking, and a group was huddled around a big poster. I couldn't see what was on the poster, until one of them grabed my wrist. I was shocked. On the poster, it said: Baek Soojoo loves Lee Taemin!!! I couldn't speak, and pulled out my inhaler. I in the gases as I looked again. Why would he do this? He already told me he didn't love me, so that is that! I fight my way through the crowd, and I just stared back at the poster. Does he actually... love me? He is probably just using me, trying to get a reaction. Just then, while I was going to go find Minho, I heard Baek Soojoo's voice. " Taemin! I love you!!! " I turned to see everyone looking at me. I was so nervous. " I have written you a poem. *Clears throat.* You have planted a seed in the secret garden of my soul, that I will water everyday and give it love to grow.


I will nurture it and take care to give it all that it needs, and grow a symbol of our love from this sacred seed.

As I watch it blossom I think of you here with me, and dream of the blessed day when together we shall be.

If you are ever lonley or sad and blue, step into our secret garden where I wait for you.

Come share in the splendor that our love has grown, and in my arms by this rose let our secret be known. 

I froze. Everyone laughed at him, but he didn't seem to care much. I turned and kept walking, until I heard his running footsteps comming after me. He grabbed my wrist, and turned me around. " I love you, Taemin." He pressed our lips together. I felt so many sparks, and yet, so much hate. But I got over the hate faster than I thought I would. I slowly closed my eyes, and then opened them again, remembering what he did to me, but I couldn't seem to pull away. He pulled away, and looked me in the eyes. " Now do you get it? " " I... I... I hate you! Get off of me!!! " I push him off of me, but he holds my hands. " You can't get rid of me that easy, Taemin." He ran out of the door, but before he left, He said many things that shocked me. " I love you, Taemin! I want you! I miss you! I need you!!! " He left. I blushed and looked down, and wispered to myself. " I love you, too." I just rememberd that I was in school, and looked to everyone. They were staring at me with shock in there eyes, but said nothing. I pulled out my Inhaler, and up more gases. " This is going to be a long day."