Meeting each other...

Even for Eternity

A few minutes have now passed but he was still there, stuck in his own world while staring at her until she finally decided to speak to break his train of thoughts since she realized what he was doing.

“Is there something on my face, mister?” She whispered in a bit of cold tone without lifting her head to look at him as she was busy scribbling on the notepad on the table.

He suddenly realized it and got back to his senses. “Oh… uhm… ani… it’s just that…’’ He was about to tell her that they bumped earlier at the lobby but his father had butted in before was able to do so.

“Ah!” He exclaimed, looking at the direction of the two. “Well I’m sorry Mr. Park but I forgot that I haven’t introduced our children yet so let me do the honor now.” He stood up and walked towards the end. “Excuse me, Ms. Park, I’d like to introduce my son to you. He isn’t really into this kind of things but since I nicely asked of him to come, then he granted me the favor. His name is Junsu.”

“Tch. Just like my brother.” Misty mumbled before standing up. She lifted her head to see the other person in front of her and extended her arm for a warm shake.

And son, “She is Park Mi Sun, Mr. Park’s most precious daughter.” He slightly chuckled at his own words before gesturing them to shake hands. Misty felt a bit crept out with what he just said. Junsu extended his arm too and took Misty’s hand in a handshake. “Misty. Call me Misty.” She sent a light glare at Junsu’s father before speaking. “I thought you knew I don’t like being called by my real name.” Mr. Kim was left speechless at that. As for Junsu, he can’t help but admire her while he kept looking at her, observing how she looked so beautiful. She was wearing a light pink dress which flowed nicely up to her knees with matching pink heels with heart studs on it. To add accent to it, she wore a silver necklace which had her name on it. When he saw it, he remembered that it matched to her bracelet, which also had the same engraving.

“Um, excuse me?” Misty broke his train of thoughts again. “Y-yes?” He blinked and cleared his throat to avoid his stuttering from continuing. “My hand… would you mind… um…” She pointed to their still joined hands and tried pulling her hand back. “Oh. I’m sorry.” He immediately let go of her hand then returned to his seat, feeling embarrassed about what had just happened.

“So, going back to what we were talking about earlier…” Mr. Park began talking from where they left off. Misty and Junsu on the other hand did their own thing. Misty continued sketching on her notepad while Junsu took the bracelet out of his pocket and kept staring at it.

“So, as you can see… the sales for the month are ---”

“Um… excuse me!” Junsu exclaimed while raising his hand, interrupting them yet again.

“Aish, this kid” mumbled his father before turning to him to speak. “What is it now, my dear son?” A hint of irritation is his voice since he did nothing but to interrupt the meeting from the moment he arrived in the office.

“Well, I was just wondering…” he began. “What was so important and urgent that you had me come here? You said you needed my opinion on something?”

“Ah that. Well, yeah there’s something I need to ask you about but let’s talk about that later.” And with that, they carried on with the meeting, trying their best not to be interrupted by any other matter again. When he found the chance, Junsu slightly bowed his head to apologize for Mr. Park for the disturbance. The older man just nodded his head in acceptance. Being obviously bored about the whole situation but left with no choice, he leaned back on his seat defeated and plugged his earphones to listen to the songs on his music player.

Some moments later, the meeting has finally ended and all other people started heading out of the office. Unmindful of the reality, Junsu continued with his comfortable sleep until his father walked up to him and removed one of his earphones in attempt to wake him up, in which the latter succeeded in doing.

“Oh” he immediately sat up straight. “Is it over now? So, how about the matter you were talking to me about? Care to tell me what is it now? He was running his fingers over his hair to fix it. His father sent him a glare. “Yah! How can you sleep in times like this? Is that a proper behavior? You tell me.”

“Gahh… can you please just stop nagging and tell me about it, huh?” He stood from his seat and when he slightly turned to the left, he noticed Misty talking with her father. Mr. Kim ignored him and went to the other side to talk to Misty’s father. “Ah, Young Jae-ah, I guess I haven’t introduced my son to your formally yet, so here he is now.” Then he gestured for Junsu to come closer, which he obediently complied to.

“Oh! I can see that he grew up well. “He happily said with a huge smile on his face. “Of course I know him. I often see him when he was still a little kid, right?” He gave Junsu a light pat on his left shoulder.

“Yeah, well as what you have heard earlier, I had finally convinced him to come here after some time. But, I’d like to apologize in behalf of him for sleeping instead of listening throughout the conference.” Mr. Kim said with a light chuckle. Without waiting for Misty’s father to reply, he immediately suggested that they go have lunch together. The four of them headed out of the office and went straight to the elevator --- Misty and Junsu at the back and their father in front. The ride was silent except for a few mumbles coming out from Junsu’s mouth, which caught Misty’s attention so she decided to speak to him, slightly tilting her head to the left. “Is there something wrong? What are you mumbling about?”  “Oh, it’s nothing.” He replied with a small smile. He actually hated the fact that he has to be stuck with his father in for a longer time still discussing about business matters. He preferred hanging around with his friends better, but because Misty was there, he felt like it was at least a bit okay since there’s someone else he can talk to.

The elevator finally reached the ground floor after some minutes of wait and all of them stepped out one by one. It was decided that they would dine in the restaurant located inside the building to save time and effort. While on their ways there, Junsu tried starting a conversation with Misty, hoping she would reply.

“We’ve finally met.” He said while glancing at her.

“Eh?” This caught Misty’s attention who was quite puzzled by his statement. “What was that again? I think I heard wrong.”

He only laughed at her and repeated what he had said. “I said: ‘we’ve finally met’. Don’t you remember my name? Doesn’t Taec mention me to you even just sometimes?”

She blinked her eyes twice as she looked at him. “Taec? Taecyeon oppa? You know my brother?”

“Well yeah, didn’t you know that we’re friends?”

“Hmm… as far as I can remember, I only heard two names from him --- Junho and Chansung.”

“Is that so? Well, I often hear your name from him. He always says ‘Mi Sun is like this, Mi Sun is like that’ He sure made me curious about you coz I’ve never seen you before until today.” He smiled at her.

They continued their little conversation until they have arrived in the restaurant. Noticing this, Junsu’s father wasn’t able to help but comment about it. Nudging the other man, he whispered into his ear, “Hey, look at our children. It seems like they’re starting to get along well. The latter just smiled and nodded his head in agreement after slightly turning his head to see the sight behind them.

“So, can you tell me more about yourself then?” Misty asked Junsu as their chat continued inside the restaurant.

“Well…” he trailed off then paused for a moment before continuing, “I still can’t believe Taec haven’t mentioned me to you, or at least even just my name right? I can say that I am his best friend. How come he had mentioned about those other two and not me?” Misty just laughed softly while listening to him. “When I think back, maybe there were those few times when he had mentioned about you. I guess it’s just me who can’t remember” she said.

The good conversation carried on as their lunch was served and they started eating.

“So, you asked about me, right? Junsu spoke after swallowing the first bite of his steak. “I am the same age as your brother and I just graduated from a music university a year ago.”

“Music? Interesting.” Misty smiled at him.

“I am the only child in the family so I’m a bit spoiled, as what you can see.” He chuckled and took a sip of his drink.

She a bit. “Oh really… but it doesn’t show though.”

“Haha, then maybe you’ll get to see it if we become close friends, or you could just simply ask your brother about it so you’ll know. How about you? What do you do?”

“I currently study fashion designing. It’s obviously one of the reasons why appa asks me to join business meetings especially when there are consultations about the design of clothes.”

He smiled to himself while listening to her and thought, “Well, she isn’t that cold after all. She actually knows how to smile and that smile is pretty.”

After she had finished sharing, he remarked, “That’s quite interesting too.”

“You think so? Probably you find it boring since you aren’t into it.”

“Well, I have some great fashion sense too.” Both of them laughed in unison after he said this.

After lunch was over, they decided to part ways and bid farewell. Junsu tried looking for an opportunity to give the bracelet back to Misty but failed since she had already exited the building quickly. As for Mr. Park, he went back straight to his office to attend to some things that were left undone.

While Junsu and his father were walking along the lobby, he asked about the same thing again.

“So, still not going to tell me about the thing that you were talking about?” He put both hands in his pocket and looked at the other man.

His father stopped walking as soon as they reached the main door. “Oh right. Sorry that I keep on forgetting about it. Anyway…’’ He paused before asking a question. “What do you think about Misty?”

“Misty?” He was a bit confused as to why his father suddenly asked a question like that. “She’s nice and pretty. Why do you ask?”

“Do you like her?”

“What kind of question is that? We just met.”

“I want you to make her fall for you.”

“Mwo??” He exclaimed in disbelief while looking straight into his father’s eyes.

 


A/N: So, how is it? >< Pls. tell me what you think. <33