Ch.6

Even for Eternity

 

A/N: OMG so after almost a week, I've finally finished my chapter ^^ thought I'm not sure about the 'fastforward part' but daisy-lee told me to just belive myself.. so here it is. I hope you'll like it ^^


 

After Taecyeon left the coffee shop, his three other friends stayed there for the next two hours just talking about anything they can think of and letting time pass by. By the time they decided to leave, it was already evening. Cleaning the table and straightening things up, Junho suddenly noticed a hand phone on one of the chairs. Recognizing it, he picked it up and told the other two, “Yah, isn’t this Taec hyung’s phone? Aigoo… so he left it here?” He shook his head. “What could have happened if I didn’t see it?”

“What did you say? Taec’s phone?” Junsu walked closer and took the phone from him.

“Nae, it is. Why did you get it?” Junho asked him.

“Aha!” Chansung butted in, placing an arm around Junsu’s neck. “I know why hyung did that. He wants to be the one to return it. Am I right, hyung?” He playfully punched his hyung’s arm.

“Uhm… you’re right” Junsu replied as he scratched the back of his head. “At least I now have a reason to see Misty and I can start getting close to her already.”

Junho nodded his head in understanding and grinned, “Oh… now I get it.”

Tossing the phone in his hand, Junsu excused himself to leave ahead of his friends.

“Don’t be too excited, hyung!” Junho teased before his friend was out of sight.

As soon as he had exited the coffee shop, Junsu rode his car right away and drove to the Parks’ mansion so he could return Taecyeon’s phone and see Misty.

 

***

 

After eating dinner, Taecyeon immediately stood up and went back to the living room to grab his jacket, leaving the two girls alone to clean everything up. All of a sudden, he remembered putting his phone in his jacket’s pocket so he decided to take it out to listen to music but when he searched for it, his eyes widened when he realized it wasn’t there.

“Sis, did you happen to see my phone? I’m sure it was in my pocket but then maybe I actually took out and placed it beside me while we’re eating and just didn’t realize.”

The girls have already put away all the empty plates to the sink and cleaned the table. Misty who was about to start washing the plates answered Taecyeon without turning to him. “I’m sorry oppa but I didn’t notice it. Why don’t you check in your pockets?”

“I already did but it’s not there.” He just sighed and headed to the fridge to get some water. And then when he saw Hyomin, he asked her “Do you need help with anything?”

“Hmm…? Ah, it’s fine. We can manage.” She smiled as she slightly blushed again, not being able to help it.

A few moments later and they heard the door bell ring once again. Being a bit confused and curious about it, Misty turned to Taecyeon and asked, “Oppa, if appa’s not coming home tonight, then are you expecting someone?” She titled her head slightly to the right. As a response, Taecyeon only shook his head. “Ok, I’ll go answer it.” Misty then went back to the living room to open the door. When she opened it, she was surprised to see the person in front of her who was smiling warmly.

“It’s you.” She said.

“Hi Misty…”  The other person greeted her.

“Oh… come in.” She motioned for him to come in and so he did.

Walking back to the living room, Taecyeon saw him and immediately approached the two. “Oh, Junsu hyung! What brings you here at this hour?” He smiled widely and added a joke, “And how did get through? Did you climb the gate?”

“Yeah right, it’s funny. Well the gate was left open, that’s why… and I came to return this.” He showed Taecyeon’s phone to him and chuckled, “Next time, don’t’ leave that anywhere.”

The latter’s eyes widened again and he immediately grabbed his phone back. “So I actually left it there? Whoa… good thing you noticed. Thanks hyung!”

Not wanting to disturb the two, Misty excused herself and went back to the kitchen to help Hyomin with the dishes.

“By the way, have you already eaten?” Taecyeon asked as they sat down. Junsu made himself comfortable by leaning his back against the sofa. “If you’re talking about dinner then my answer is ‘not yet’ since I headed straight right here after leaving the café.”

“Oh… there’s still food left. You can have dinner here if you want.”

“Ani, it is fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah…”

After a few minutes, Misty walked into the living room again, with Hyomin following behind her. They were still laughing as they continued their girl talk from earlier when they were washing the dishes. Suddenly remembering something, Misty interrupted the laughter and turned to her friend. “Oh and by the way, that’s him.” She pointed to Junsu. “The one who we were kind of talking about a while ago…” She smiled at her and made emphasis on the ‘kind of’ by air quoting it.

“I see. I finally know him now at least. Is he a good friend of yours?”

“Just met him today…”

Hyomin just nodded her head before holding onto her friend’s left arm. “I think I’ll be going now since it’s getting late. Thanks for the dinner by the way.”

“You’re leaving too soon?” Sadness can be detected from Misty’s tone. “I shall see you out then.” They walked towards the door and Misty called Taecyeon’s attention to just tell her that she’s leaving but before they could reach the foot of the door, Taecyeon stood up and opened it for them. “Let me see her out then.” Then he flashed them a smile.

“It’s alright oppa… I can do that. And besides, you have a visitor” replied Misty.

Taecyeon just chuckled, “Well, since he wants to know more about you then why don’t you be the one to open up to him? I’ll go and usher Hyomin, nae?” Without waiting for his sister to reply, he already went out ahead of Hyomin. Hyomin on the other hand just waved another goodbye to Misty before following out. Realizing the situation, Misty just shrugged it off and walked over to where Junsu was and sat beside him.

Breaking the somewhat awkward atmosphere, she spoke, “Annyeong Junsu-ssi.”

Junsu smiled at her and returned her greeting, “Annyeong.”

“So what are you doing here?”

“Ah, like what you saw, I returned your brother’s phone.”

“Oh” Misty slightly nodded. “So what about the ‘he wants to know more about you’?” She added as she piled the books she was reading earlier.

“Well… I was really curious about you… so I just wanted to know you more. Yeah, that’s it.” He calmly replied. Then seeing the books in Misty’s hands, he scooted closer to take a better look. “Are those dog care books?”

Seeming a bit distracted, she turned her attention back to him. “Ah, yeah… well my best friend gave these to me today.”

“You have a pet dog?”

Misty chuckled, “I wish I had one. I really wanted to have one so badly.”

“I own two dogs at home.” Junsu happily replied, catching Misty’s intersest.

“Jinja? Aww you’re so lucky.”

What seemed to be an awkward atmosphere in the beginning was at least changed into a better one. The good conversation between the two of them, just talking about dogs and other random things, lasted for another hour without them realizing. Only when they heard the front door unlock did they notice it.

“Oppa…” Misty looked at the slowly closing door. “I thought you said you’ll only see Hyomin out. Why did you take so long?” Then she looked at her watch. “It’s already eight in the evening?” “Oppa, did you send her home?” She grinned at him, speaking in her teasing voice again.

“Ah, yes. I thought it’d be better that way since it’s already dark outside. It wouldn’t be safe for a girl to be out alone.”

Junsu suddenly stood up from where he was seated, “Um… since it’s getting late then I think I should go now.”

“You don’t want to stay longer and talk some more?” Taecyeon asked.

“But… it’s already late.” Then turning to Misty, he said, “Maybe I can bring my dog when I come here next time.” He smiled at both of them before saying goodbye. Misty was about to say something but instead of speaking, she was only able to watch as the visitor left their house.

“Take care” she muttered after a few seconds have passed.

 

***

 

And so the ‘next time’ happened a week after Junsu’s first visit to Misty. A good friendship seemed to have bloomed between the two of them. They started hanging out, bonding more, sharing common interest and other stuff. Junsu has somehow taken away the coldness that Misty had towards guys.

Those frequent hang-outs went on until days and days and weeks until it reached a month, two months, three, until it became six… and they already grew really closer to each other.

 

***

 

On one gloomy afternoon, Misty was just in her office and Junsu visited her. She was sketching some designs and both of them were drinking a cup of coffee and just chatting about things. All of a sudden, Junsu’s phone rang and when he looked at the screen, his father’s name registered.

“Oh… it’s my dad. Excuse me for a while, I’ll go and take this call.”

“Sure… it’s alright.” Misty smile and continued with her drawing.

He stood up and quickly walked out of the office before whispering on the phone, “What is it this time? I swear this is your 10th call in a week.”

“Well, just called to ask the usual thing. So, is there any progress?”

“Obviously there is.”

“So what’s taking you so long then? Can’t you already ask her to be with you?” His father sounded aggressive.

Junsu paused for a while and sighed, “A-arasso” he hesitantly replied before ending the call, shoving the phone in his pocket.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I guess I’ll have to do it by tomorrow then.” He mumbled before going back to Misty’s office.