Ch.7

Even for Eternity

 

A/N: Hi guys.. well you know that aff had been down lately, right? ;_; So that's why I didn't feel like updating too but now here I am. hehe I just hope you didn't forget about the story. So anyway, here it is now. ^^


 

 

Junsu went back to Misty’s office and found her still engrossed in her work. Walking over to her, he broke her trance by sitting on the desk. “Hey, still not done with your research and drawings?” He asked while playing with the phone in his right hand.

“Yah…” She poked his arm with the pen she’s holding, “Don’t sit there… there’s a chair… you should sit there instead.” She pointed to the chair in front of her. “So anyway, what did your dad need?”

He only chuckled at her words before going to the seat she pointed to. “Just the usual thing… he asked how I was…” he smiled a bit and then added in a whisper, “As if he’d care about me.” Misty kind of caught the last part but she didn’t understand what he said so she asked him. “What was that? Ya, next time you say something, make it clear.” Realizing what she meant, he defended it right away. “Ah, it’s nothing. I’m just singing some lyrics.”

Then, leaning forward, he asked, “By the way, do you think you could spare some time tomorrow? I mean you don’t have classes, right?”

After thinking for some time, Misty replied, “Hmm... yeah I think I’m free for the whole day” she nodded as she continued scribbling on her sketch pad. “Why do you ask?”

“Let’s stroll around the park! You know… just to unwind.” He happily suggested to which Misty easily agreed. And so they agreed on what time they’re going to meet and talked about other little things while lazing around the office for the rest of that day.

 

***

 

Misty’s dad was reviewing a report submitted by one of the board members when the office phone rang.

“Annyeong. Mr. Kim is here outside right now and he wants to see you.” The person on the other line spoke the moment he answered the phone.

“Alright. Let him in.” He replied before putting the phone down. Seconds later, Kim Dae Hyun, Junsu’s father, step into the office. As soon as he saw his friend, Misty’s dad greeted him with a smile. “Annyeong Dae, what brings you here?”

His friend replied with a smile, “I just came to see my best friend and see how he’s doing” and then jokingly added, “Is it bad?”

The other man laughed at him before gesturing him to sit down. “Of course it isn’t. I’m just surprised to see you.”

Then as soon as Mr. Kim has taken his seat, he opened the topic about Misty and Junsu --- the real reason for him visiting his friend on that day. But of course, he tried to not sound so obvious in matchmaking the two.

“Do you notice any changes in behavior of your daughter? You know… when there’s someone a person likes… the way they tend to react to things.” He couldn’t help but laugh at his own statement as he asked Misty’s father.

“Well I have to be honest that lately, I don’t really see my children often now each one’s busy so I wouldn’t really know about that.” Mr. Park sighed before continuing, “I feel bad too that I can’t watch and keep up with their daily activities. The longest that Misty and I could be together is during office hours… and with Taec… you know that kid is out most of the time.” And then he ended with a question, “Anyway, why do you ask? Do you happen to find some changes that you’re talking about?” and chuckled.

“I’ve just noticed…” Mr. Kim started as he pretended to be scanning and reading some document that was placed on his friend’s desk. “Both of them have really been close to each other and they’re always together. They’ve been like that for months now. Don’t you think that there’s a possibility of them liking each other? My son might like your daughter… and she might feel just the same as him. Not that I’m concluding anything… I’m just sharing my thoughts.” And then he gave him a smile, trying his best not to make it appear as a mischievous one.

Misty’s dad nodded his head while listening. “You have a point there. And besides, to me they suit each other too. I think I’ll be happy if what you said is true.” Hearing this, Mr. Kim felt satisfied.

The day ended quickly and soon it was it already time to go home. Gathering all his things, Misty’s dad left the office together with his friend. As soon as they’re out, they saw Junsu and Misty going out from the latter’s office.

“Son, you’re here.” Junsu’s father approached the two of them with a big smile plastered to his face. “What were you guys talking about?” He was trying his luck on getting some information that will be advantageous on his part.

“Oh, just some random things… just like the usual…” Misty calmly replied.

“Well if you would excuse me Miss Park --- I mean, Misty, can I have a talk with my son?”

“Of course you can… anyway we’re done talking now.” Then Misty turned to her father and asked in a happy tone, “Appa, are you going home already?” but her mood suddenly dropped when she received a negative reply.

“Ah, it’s alright… I’ll just go home ahead then.” She waved goodbye to the rest of them but before she could walk any farther, Junsu said, “Bye… I’ll see you tomorrow then” and smiled at her.

Walking separately along the car park, Junsu’s dad asked him the same question once again. “So, is there anything new? Like some progress or whatnot?”

“Yeah… I’m working on it. I’m going to ask her tomorrow so don’t worry about it” was the only cold reply before they parted ways.

Seeing him walk away, his father only talked a bit loud before leaving him alone, “That’s good then. I’ll be waiting for the good result” and went his own way.

 

***

 

Dimmed living room, noisy TV, and a busy kitchen --- the atmosphere that welcomed Misty the moment she came home and entered the house. She slowly walked to the couch and placed her things down, including her bag, and then went to turn the light switch on, and then after that she grabbed the remote control to lower the volume of the television. As she was doing so, a voice interrupted her. “Yah… why lower it down? I’m listening from here…” Hearing that voice made her smile… she then walked into the kitchen and saw her brother preparing for dinner.

“Why didn’t you turn the volume up again?” Taecyeon asked without looking at his sister.

“Aigoo… you can just watch it properly later…” she pinched his left cheek.

“Haha… okay okay, so anyway how was your day? And is appa coming home?”

“As usual he’s off to attend another meeting. Then I guess it’ll just be the two of us to have dinner tonight. Other than that, my day has been good. Thank you for asking, oppa.” Misty managed to say with a smile even though she was feeling sad about the thought of their father not being with them again, just like how it was in the past few months.

After the dinner was set, both of them took their seats and started digging in the good food. The entire meal was rather quiet and both seemed to be hurrying, or at least that’s how it turned out. After eating, both went back to their respective rooms to end the day with a good rest.

The next morning, it was still early when Misty woke up. But being the early bird that he is, Taecyeon was still first to wake up than his sister. Seeing that she seemed to be a bit dressed up, he walked to her and asked, “You’re going somewhere?” and then poked her left cheek.

Misty, who was combing her hair, slightly turned to the left to face her brother and answered, “Oh, well Su oppa invited to stroll at the park… and since I have no work, and no school too, then I agreed.”

When Misty turned back to the mirror, she saw Taecyeon grinning widely. “Yah… what’s with that grin?” she asked with a slight pout.

“Are you sure it’s not a date?” He nudged her left shoulder. “And you’re calling him ‘oppa’ now huh… and ---”

But before he could continue teasing, Misty interrupted him. “Yah oppa!”

“Haha… alright, I’ll stop teasing.”

“He’s the same age as you, so I guess it’s only right to address him that.”

A few more minutes later, the door bell rang. Taecyeon went to open the door, revealing a smiling Junsu.

“Oh hyung! Taking my sister out on a date?” He chuckled before stepping out of the house. “Hmm… take care you two. I’m also going out…bye” and then he waved before walking away. Hearing that he teased them again, Misty back although he was already far. “Yah… are you going to meet Hyomin? Have fun, okay?” and she laughed to herself.

“Are you ready to go now?” Junsu asked with a smile as he walked towards her. Turning to him after setting her comb down, she happily replied, “Yes” and headed out of the house.

 

***

 

The weather was fine. It was quite sunny and a little windy and there were not much people at the park when they arrived. Strolling around on a fine weather calmed Misty down and made her thoughts wander, putting her in deep thoughts until she felt something on her hand. Stopping to look at it, she realized that Junsu’s hand was holding hers.

“Umm… why?” she paused to look at him before continuing, “Why are you holding my hand?”

He looked at her the same way that she did and started explaining everything.

“W-we’ve already been friends for six months now… and I’ll be lying if I say that I don’t feel anything special for you.” Then taking a deep breath, he added, “I hope this wouldn’t ruin our friendship but… I really want to be more than just friends.”

Misty was just quietly listening to him, never breaking eye-contact. Then, holding both her hands now, he took another pause before finally asking that one question.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Misty, will you be my girlfriend?”



 

A/N: daisy-lee , are you mad at me now for ending the chapter at that point? >:D mwahahaa

So.... what do you think? Will she say yes? :3 hehehehe... pls. keep supporting me guys, nae? So that I'll have more encouragement. Thank you. ^^