Coffee and friends

Even for Eternity

A/N: Guys....... so here's another update >< Hope you'll like it <33


Throughout the entire drive, thoughts still continued running in Junsu’s mind. But instead of his childhood memory, it was now about Misty. “I couldn’t hurt an innocent lady like her. I shouldn’t be selfish like him. Aish… what am I supposed to do?” He slightly pulled on his hair for feeling frustrated about the situation. As he arrived at the coffee shop, he noticed that his friends were already there because of the silver car parked outside, which obviously belonged to one of them. He immediately parked beside that car then got off and walked into the shop.

As soon as he entered, he was greeted by a familiar voice. “Hyung! Over here...” A tall guy with short wavy hair stood up from his seat and waved at him, signaling for him to come. He acknowledged it and walked towards their table.

“Hey Junho” he tapped the guy’s shoulder. “I didn’t know you’ll arrive here before I do.” Then he pulled out a chair andsat down. To his right, his other friend who busied himself eating the 2nd serving of ice cream finally noticed him and said “Oh hyung, you finally came.”

“You realized just now?” Junsu chuckled. “And you’re eating again… what’s that?”

“Banana split.”

“Haha. Anything with banana… You sure can live on bananas alone, can’t you?” He patted his back.

“So,” Junho started off, “Why did you ask to meet? What is the matter?”

“Well, I’m having a little problem right now, which can actually get bigger… all thanks to my great father.”

“What happened?” His other friend, Chansung, asked after taking in a spoonful of ice cream into his mouth.

Junsu remained silent for a while. He clasped his hands together on the table as he blankly looked out the window. Then he said with a sigh, “I don’t even know how or where to start.” Junho, seeing the current situation, decided to buy some drinks first. “Um… I guess I’ll order some drinks to help you cool down a bit, hyung. It seems like you’re in a deep thinking.” Then he stood up from his seat but before he could leave their table, Chansung added, “Get me another bowl of ice cream too… and thanks.” Junho just nodded his head and went straight to the counter. There weren’t much people in the shop since it’s a weekend and even the one staff assigned on duty already left just some minutes ago and the substitute hasn’t arrived yet so the owner was the one who took Junho’s order.

“Two iced coffees and one bowl of banana split please.”

“Alright” The owner smiled at him and punched it in. “Please wait for a bit while I go and prepare it.”

Junho nodded. While waiting, he scanned the menu board, trying to see if there’s still more that he could order. Then he turned around after some time, leaning his back on the counter. He was now looking at random people passing by outside the coffee shop when suddenly he saw a tall figure which looked rather familiar to him.

“This giant…” He remarked, “What is he doing around here?” He was about to grab his phone to dial a number when his attention was called by the owner.

“Your order is here.”

“Nae, gomawo. Oh by the way…” he pointed to the muffins, “Please add some of those… thanks.” Then he handed the exact payment then held his tray. He was about to go when the owner spoke to him.

“You and your friends are regular customers here, aren’t you?” He asked in his normal deep voice.

Junho beamed, setting his tray back on the counter. “Nae, how did you know?”

“Well, there was one or two times that I’ve seen you here.” Replied the other person calmly.

“I see, so how about you? Are you new here? I think this is the first time that I’ve seen you here.”

Then he heard a soft chuckle before getting a response. “I don’t work here. I am the owner of this place and I do visit here once in a while.”

“Owner?” he blinked, “Well it’s nice to meet you, sir. I just have to say this… you did a good job in keeping this place as it is now. It’s really nice here that’s why we like hanging out every now and then.”

“Haha. You don’t have to be so formal. And thank you for that comment. I am glad to know that my shop’s customers are pleased.”

“Did that sound too formal? So what should or could I call you then?”

“Addressing me by my first name is alright.”

“And your first name is?”

“I’ll tell you when we get to meet next time. For the mean time, go back to your friends. I think you had them waiting for a while now.”

“Ah... alright, next time then. It was nice to have a little chat with you.” He picked up his tray once again then went back to their table, where Junsu had already started talking to Chansung about random things just to keep his mind off his father’s ‘command’ even just for a little while.

“Yah… yah… are you guys talking about me?”

“Silly! Why would we?” replied Chansung.

“Then why are you guys talking by yourselves? You could have at least waited for me to come back, right?”

“It’s because you took a little while there.” Junsu told him as he pointed to the counter.

Junho sat down and distributed the muffins, drinks, and the ice cream to each one of them. Chansung immediately grabbed his bowl of ice cream and started to eat happily while the two other guys gave him a surprised look as they almost couldn’t believe how he could eat the third serving of ice cream and how much more he can handle in just an hour without wanting to puke. Even though they’ve been friends for years now and knew that food is Chansung’s second best friend, they sometimes still can’t help but wonder where he stores all those food that he eats.

“So anyway, I’m sorry if I took a while. I just had a little chitchat with the owner. He’s actually nice and friendly” said Junho after taking a sip of his coffee.

“The owner of this shop?” asked Junsu.

“Yeah.” Then they all turned to the counter and saw the owner standing there while reading a sports magazine.

“Oh…” Chansung was playing with his spoon. “He looks familiar. I think I saw him here once before.” Then all attention was back to the table again. He was quietly observing Junsu as he finished his ice cream and figured that maybe he wasn’t ready to share whatever was on his mind yet since he was mostly quiet the moment he arrived. So in order to break the ice, he started talking about funny things, to which Junho reacted by laughing and telling jokes as well and they exchanged jokes for a minute. It was now Junho’s turn to tell another joke. He was in the middle of it and was about to finish when Junsu suddenly blurted out, “I don’t understand him!” which caught the other two’s attention.

“Understand who, hyung?” Junho tilted his head in confusion.

Junsu sighed and looked down, and tracing the rim of his cup of coffee he said, “My dad. I don’t understand why he’s making me do something selfish. He talked to me earlier today and told me about his plan. He wants me to make a girl for me…” he paused then added in a whisper “…for the sake of moneey.”

“So you’re saying that he’s using now to get what he wants?” Chansung asked as he finished his ice cream.

Junsu nodded before answering. “Yeah… and what’s worse is that this girl and I just met. And now he’s making me confused by reminding me how useless he finds me.” He finished the sentence with a sigh.

“Why are you confused?” Junho asked while tossing his phone in his right hand.

“Confused because… I was wondering, ‘If I comply with it, will be able to accept me for who I am?’” he glanced at his friends, as if waiting for an answer from them. “But then, thinking about the girl, it wouldn’t be fair for her. I don’t want to be selfish.”

“Do you like her? If you do then maybe things would be easier. At least you won’t feel guilt for making her fall because of your father’s motive, right? It could actually cover up for it.”

“Like I said, we just met. I won’t be able to tell right away. Although I can say that she’s pretty, just a bit tough but she’s still nice.”

“How about getting to know her better first? Befriend her, get close to her.”

“What difference would it make? I mean… the intention behind it remains.”

“Then, after a little time of getting to know each other, perhaps you can tell her about it?”

“I don’t know.”  Junsu sighed before taking the last sip of his coffee.

“Just make sure to tell her before you fall for her.” Junho said.

Then Chansung added, “Yeah, so that if she gets mad and not want to see you again, you wouldn’t get hurt.”

“And besides, in this case, if you want to grab the opportunity of pleasing your father, then I guess you’ll have no choice but to be unfair to the other party.”

Junsu sighed once more, feeling defeated. “Well I think you’re right. I guess I have to give it a try.”

“Want to put up a bet or deal or whatever?” Chansung suggested with a light chuckle as he shifted his position, leaning against the window frame. “Just to ease the building up guilt in you even just a little.”

“Well thanks guys, you’re really helping.”  Junsu told his friends with a bit of sarcasm.

“Haha… but seriously, Channie has a point here.” Junho tapped his left shoulder lightly. “So, what should we do?” He asked the other, seeming interested. Then Chansung leaned closer to the table and calmly said, “He shouldn’t fall for her before she does. If he wins…” he pointed to Junsu, “I won’t be eating bananas for a whole year.

“Hahaha… you and bananas… aigoo” Junho poked his forehead. “But how would we know whether he already fell for her or not?”

Junsu just kept on being silent while he listened as the two continued talking. Then both of them looked at him. “It can easily be known by his actions. I’m pretty sure about it.” Chansung confidently said.

“So what happens if I fall for her first?” Junsu finally broke his silence.

“Then… let’s think about it first.”

“Hey how about making it a money bet?” Junho suggested.

“Hmm… what do you think hyung? So, you can’t fall for her before she does or else you’ll have to pay Junho and I a certain amount, to which we will agree later on.” Then he added as a joke, “You’re rich anyway. I’m sure it won’t matter to you” and chuckled at his words.

“Tch. My father is rich, not me.” Junsu defended.

“That’s the same thing.”

“So anyway” Junho interrupted after realizing that they haven’t inquired about the girl’s identity, “Who is she? I bet she’s someone from a well-known family too.”

“And we might actually know her too.”

“Yeah, I’m sure you do. She is ----”

He was about to say her name but before he could, they were interrupted by Junho’s phone ringing so they kept quiet and turned their attention to him. Junsu, however, did not pay as much attention and just continued drinking his coffee until he heard Junho mention his name.

“Nae, Junsu hyung is here.” Then he continued, “Alright, just go to the usual place. We’re all here. Oh by the way, I saw you around here earlier, so yeah… just hurry up, nae? See you.” And then he hung up right after that.

“Who was that?”

Junho placed his phone on the table, just beside the muffin he ordered earlier but didn’t eat. “Oh, it was Taec hyung… that giant!” He laughed, making his eyes almost disappear. “He's looking for you. I was actually going to tell you that I saw him walking around him earlier but I just forgot. Well anyway, I told him to come over and he’s on his way now.”

“So, where were we? Oh! The girl’s identity… who is ---”

“What??” Junsu cut him off, refusing to believe what he just heard. “You can’t let him come here. Call him back and tell him not to come.”

“What’s wrong hyung? Why can’t he come here?” asked Chansung with confusion.

“Because… because the girl I’m talking about is his sister… and I can’t let him know about this.”

“You mean Misty?” his two friends spoke in unison.

They were so absorbed in their talk that they didn’t notice the door open and someone came in and walked towards their table, just behind Chansung. That was until the person spoke and said, “What about my sister?”

Hearing this, they all turned their heads to see the owner of the voice and were surprised to see who the person was.