"It's you."

Even for Eternity

 

A/N: Finally finished writing after some days.. Mwahaha.. so here it is :33 Tell me what you think after reading it. <3


 

Misty was all alone in her small, cozy office and was busy researching some stuff. She was comfortably sitting on the pink swivel chair situated behind her desk with her white laptop in front of her and some papers with dress sketches on the left side of the table. She always liked it when the atmosphere was like this --- quiet --- because she can focus 100% on her work or studies. At first, she was so focused on what she was doing that she didn’t really take time to mind the things around her or what was happening. But as she continued typing, she somehow felt like something was wrong and then after a while, it occurred to her that her bracelet was missing as her wrist felt light and bare. She lifted her left hand, examining her wrist by twisting it a few times, unable to believe that no bracelet was on it because she was positive that she had put it on earlier that morning even though she was rushing as she was already late for office. Now it made her wonder if she really did forget to wear it or just lost it along the way.

So she stood up from her seat, not even getting started with what she was about to research, she left it undone and closed her laptop to look for her mysteriously missing bracelet. She searched the entire room, looking in each and every corner. Looking around carefully, her eyes scanned the white marble floor --- from the door, to the couch, to her table. She checked all drawers and cabinets as well. She also checked the pockets of her blazer which hung on the chair but to no avail. There was still no bracelet found. The last thing she had thought of searching was her bag. While she started rummaging through it, she heard a soft knock on the door. All that she managed to say was “Come in” as her attention was more focused to her bag. The door slightly opened, revealing a tall, slim figure of a lady who was carrying some books with her. It was Hyomin, Misty’s best friend who also works in their company.

Seeing that Misty didn’t seem to notice her presence, Hyomin slowly walked up to her friend and lightly tapped her right shoulder. Clearing , she said, “Park Mi Sun…’’ almost singing her name in a tune making Misty turn to look at her. Even though Misty didn’t like being called by her real name, her friends and even her brother still teases her sometimes by calling her so. “Didn’t you realize that I’m here? I was here just a few seconds ago.” She beamed at her. “Oh, Hyominnie!” she embraced her friend tightly.

Hyomin returned the embrace and chuckled, “Yah yah… you’re going to choke me that way. It’s not like we haven’t seen in each other in decades, right?” Then Misty let go of the embrace. “Sorry, I was just a bit carried away I guess.” She laughed a bit, feeling shy about what just happened. “Take a seat first.” She walked to the couch to sit with her friend after closing back her bag, putting her search on hold. “So what are you doing here?”

Hyomin held up one of the books she brought and showed it to her. “Here ~” she chanted. It was one of those books that Misty had wanted to use as reference for her designs. “I borrowed some books for you… and these too.” She showed her another set of books which were now related to dogs. Misty was just staring at the books, feeling a bit speechless from being surprised.

“Omo! You borrowed all these?” Her right hand found its way to one book, flipping through the pages.

“Yes, I did. I did you a favor because I know you’re too busy with stuff.”

“Aww… that’s so sweet of you.”

“No problem at all. So I also bought those dog care books for you.”

Misty’s eyes widened. “B-bought? You bought it for me? You didn’t have to.”

“Aigoo… it’s my gift to you. Well I know how much you like dogs. Hopefully next time I can give you one too.”

Misty kind of forgot about the “bracelet search” until Hyomin asked her what she was doing earlier before she came.

“Oh?” She looked up from the book she was holding. “Ah, I was looking for my bracelet. I just realized that I’m not wearing it. I don’t know if I left it at home or what.”

“Did you try searching all over the place already?

“Yes, I already did before you came. And that’s why I was actually searching my bag too… in hopes to find it there.”

Then she suddenly thought of something. “Oh wait! Can you help me search my bag instead? I’ll just call oppa and ask if he’s seen it by any chance.” She went to her desk to grab her bag then picked her phone which was inside before giving the bag to Hyomin.

And so she dialed Taec’s number before putting the phone on her ear. She heard a couple of rings before the person on the other line answered the call.

“Oppa ~” she happily chimed. “I just called to ask you if you… uhm… by any chance, saw my bracelet. You know that one with my ‘name’ on it… it’s my favorite one.”

Taecyeon remembered the mention of a bracelet with engraving when he and Junsu were talking outside the building of their company but just shrugged it off. After all, he wasn’t sure if Misty was that girl Junsu bumped into so the odds of that bracelet being hers are low. “Oh! Your favorite one…” He scratched his head. “Well aren’t you always wearing it in the morning before you leave the house?”

“Well, that’s another mystery right here. I’m positive that I’ve worn it but then I realized just now that it isn’t on my wrist.” She sighed softly. “I’m not sure if I left it at home or if it fell somewhere around here. Hmm… I guess I’ll just look for it on my own then. Thanks oppa. By the way, where are you?”

“I’m just walking around to find new interesting stuff… and maybe I’ll go meet the guys too. Is there anything you want me to buy for you when I go home later?”

Even though it doesn’t seem like it, Misty and her brother are really close to each other and during times like this when he goes somewhere, he’ll ask her if there’s something she wants from him when he comes back home.

“Oh… you’re going to meet up with Junho and Channie? Say ‘hi’ to them for me then. And about something to bring home for me… hmm” she tapped her chin as she thought, “Tteokbokki would be nice.”

“Alright, tteokbokki it is then. So I guess that’s all. See you later sis.”

“Nae, see you later oppa. Bye” Then she ended the call and placed the phone beside her. Turning back to her friend, she asked, “Is it there?”

“It isn’t here.” Hyomin looked at her. “Well maybe you actually forgot to wear it this morning.”

“Hmm… maybe I really did, so I’ll just go and look for it later at home.”

“So you called your brother?”

“Yes, that was him. Did you wish you left a message for him?” Misty teased Hyomin and grinned at her. She had noticed that lately, it’s either Hyomin was talking about Taecyeon or asking things about him so even if she doesn’t admit it, Misty knew that she likes him. She noticed a slight blush on her cheeks after asking that question.

“Hey, you’re blushing!” She more and pinched her now pink cheeks.

“W-what? What do you mean?” Hyomin touched her face and realized that it was warm. “A-ani, maybe it’s just because of the heat of the sun earlier when I was walking outside. And about my question, I was just trying to confirm if it was really him.” She defended. Misty just chuckled and pretended to believe her friend.

“Oh wait, are you free tonight?” She asked Hyomin as she browsed through another book.

“I think I am. Why do you ask?”

“That’s great then. Let’s go eat dinner… at home.” Misty happily suggested.

“I’d love to.” She replied right away, unable to notice that her cheeks were blushing again from the thought of seeing Taecyeon later.

For the rest of the day, both of them spent the time chatting with each other and lazing around.

 

***

 

Taecyeon was walking along the corridor where there were many shops selling sports items when he suddenly thought of calling his friend Junho to tell him to meet up and also to ask about Junsu since they had agreed earlier to meet but the latter didn’t show up.  Reaching for the phone in his jacket’s pocket, he dialed Junho’s number and put it back inside since he was wearing his earphones.

“Hey Junho, what’s up?”

“Oh hyung! I’m hanging out with the guys now.”

“Is Junsu hyung with you? We were supposed to meet earlier but then he didn’t come back.”

“Nae, Junsu hyung is here.”

“Can I meet with you guys?”

“Sure! We’ll wait for you then.”

“Okay. I’ll catch you guys then. Where are you?”

“Alright, just go to the usual place. We’re all here. Oh by the way, I saw you around here earlier, so yeah… just hurry up, nae? See you.”

Then he heard a dial tone after that.

“Aish… ending the call just like that?”

He closed his phone as well and started walking to the coffee shop since he was only somewhere near. As soon as he arrived, he immediately opened the door to go inside. It wasn’t difficult to locate where his friends were and he spotted them right away. He noticed them talking in a sort of serious manner so he decided to just slowly walk to them in order not to disturb their talk. As he neared, he tried listening to the conversation but was only able to catch the last part which mentioned his sister’s name. So he stopped just behind Chansung and blurted out, “What about my sister?” which caught the attention of his three friends and made them look at him.

“Hyung! I didn’t know you were that near here.” Junho stood up and walked over to Taecyeon, tapping him on the left shoulder. “It’s good that you came soon though. We were just talking about you.” He tried to cover up, hoping that the topic would be shifted but he didn’t succeed, because Taecyeon asked about it once again.

“I heard my sister’s name. What about her?” He seemed a bit of confused and curious at the same time.

“Ah!” Chansung interruped. “Well yeah, we were talking about you and then the topic suddenly went to your sister because Junsu hyung here had mentioned that he was finally able to meet her. He really seems happy about it.”

“Oh… nae.” Junsu began as he saw Junho and Taec walking back to the table. “And apart from that, I just wanted to know more about her since we never really had a chance to talk… so that’s why I’m asking these two.” It was obviously a lie since they had a little talk over lunch earlier.

Taecyeon grabbed a chair from the other table and placed it beside Junho before sitting down. “Oh, so you were actually able to meet each other during the meeting?” He asked, seeming a bit interested of the “topic” that they were now discussing.

“Yeah… and another thing I was asking them was how come Mi Sun had the nickname Misty but then they wouldn’t tell me. Is it supposed to be a secret?” Junsu chuckled as he looked at Taecyeon for an answer.

“Ah well…” Chansung grabbed the opportunity to speak before anyone else could. “It’s a rather long story. Hmm… perhaps you can ask her yourself when you get to meet next time.” He was glancing at Taecyeon while saying that. They really didn’t expect to hear a question like that. Just thinking back about what had happened before that caused Mi Sun to create a new nickname to replace her real one breaks their hearts. “Ah, I see. Alright then…” Junsu just simply replied, nodding his head.

“By the way, where did you go earlier? You told me you’ll be back but you didn’t meet with me after the meeting.” Taecyeon asked Junsu, which made the latter think of another excuse right away. “Well, it’s because I suddenly felt thirsty so I came here to buy a drink, and it was purely coincidence that Junho and Channie were also here.”

“I see.” Taecyeon felt comfortable after sitting down for some time. Taking off his jacket, he said, “Oh wait, I’ll go order something to drink first.” Then he stood up, ready to walk to the counter only to be stopped by Chansung calling his name. The latter raised his right hand and was about to speak when Junho cut him off. “Yah, are seriously gonna ask for a 4th bowl of ice cream?” Junho asked with both surprise and amusement in his voice. Taecyeon just laughed at the scene before walking ahead.

“One cappuccino please…” He placed his order.

The owner punched his order in. After getting it ready, he set it on Taecyeon’s tray and took the payment. Giving his change to him, he said, “You are Park Young Jae’s son, aren’t you?”

Hearing the question, he seemed taken aback but nonetheless, he answered calmly. “Yes, I am. How do you know?” He replied with a smile.

“Well, there were some magazines where he got featured and I saw you photo there… and besides, you kind of look like him so it’s somehow easy to tell.”

“I do?” He smiled. It was one of those few moments when he heard the remark that they look alike. Then he added a joke, “I didn’t know that I’m still actually more popular that my sister.”

“You have a sister?” asked the owner, a bit curious.

“Yes, I do. She’s the one who’s more inclined into business so helps our dad.”

“I see” the other man nodded. “Well I guess you find me kind of creepy to be asking things like this. It’s not like I’m planning something ill against your family or anything. I was just curious a bit.” He explained with a chuckle.

“Aniyo… it’s totally fine.” Taecyeon reassuringly replied. “But if there’s nothing more then I’ll go back to my friends.” He pointed to the table where his friends are and the owner noticed that it was the same one that Junho went to earlier.

“Alright, see you around.”

After Taecyeon returned to his friends, they continued chatting over random topics, purposely trying to shift it away from the talk earlier regarding Misty so that he won’t ask questions anymore which the rest might not be able to answer or make a cover up for. “By the way, Misty says ‘hi’ to you guys.” He told Junho and Chansung after taking the first sip of his drink.

“Jinja? Aww that’s sweet of her. Good thing she never forgets to greet us.” Chansung commented and Junho just smiled.

Time went by so fast. While they thought they had just been talking for only a few minutes, reality was it already had been almost two hours. Realizing this after looking at his watch, Taecyeon decided to excuse himself, saying that he already has to go home in order to be able to catch dinner with his sister, to whom he had promised to bring food.

“Hey guys, I hate to say this but I think I have to go now.”

“Huh? Why do you have to leave so soon?” Junsu asked.

“Because it’s almost evening and I want to have dinner with Misty at home. I actually promised her too that I’ll bring food.”

“Is that so? Well okay, let’s just meet again some other time.”

Taking one more gulp of his drink, he picked up his jacket and headed straight to the door, leaving his friends behind, who continued chatting.

 

***

 

“Hmm… five more minutes!” Misty chimed as she skipped to the living room to join Hyomin on the couch as they both watched TV.  Moments later, the door bell rang and Hyomin immediately stood up. “I’ll go get it.”

“Aren’t you too excited for it? Ah ~ because you want to be the first one to see oppa, am I right?” Misty , making her blush again.

“A-ani ~” She just went straight to the door to open it. Standing there was Taecyeon, holding his jacket in his left hand and a paper bag in his right. Hyomin can’t help but be mesmerized with his cuteness but she tried to make herself as normal as possible and not stutter. “Oh, Hyomin… you’re here too.” He smiled at her. “I didn’t know you’ll come.” “Ah nae, I didn’t expect Misty to invite me here tonight.” She managed to reply without stuttering. Then Misty walked up to them as well. “Oppa, how was the day? Did you find something that caught your eye?” She asked him as she led him inside and closed the door. “Here…” He held up the paper bag with the food in it. “I bought what you asked me to… but other than that, I didn’t buy anything else.”

“Thank you oppa! You’re the best…” She happily took the paper bag from him and went straight to the kitchen to set the tteokbokki on a plate. “By the way, is appa coming home tonight?” She asked her brother but only got a negative answer. After setting the table, she already called the two over to have dinner. She baked lasagna for them, which was one of the favorite dishes she makes. Taking it out of the oven and placing it on the table, the three of them started digging in.

“So Misty, I’ve heard that you already met Junsu hyung.” Taecyeon started off a conversation.

“Oh yeah… we’ve met earlier, in the office.”

“Who is Junsu?” asked Hyomin who was confused as it was her first time hearing that name.

“Oh… Kim Junsu, he’s the son of appa’s best friend slash business partner.” Misty answered her.

“Now I know.” Hyomin smiled.

The entire meal was filled with laughter and random topics, and of course, great food. After they finished eating, Misty started stacking the empty plates and Hyomin helped her to take it to the sink.

“Do you need help with anything?” Taecyeon asked Hyomin.

“Hmm…?” She looked up at him. “Ah, it’s fine. We can manage.” She smiled widely while saying that.

Then they went on with the cleaning. Since the maids were given a day off, Misty had to do the chores herself. Good thing that Hyomin was there to at least help her with it.

Moments later, they heard that door bell ring again. Misty quickly looked at Taec, who was near the fridge, drinking his water. “Oppa, if appa’s not coming home tonight, then are you expecting someone?” Taecyeon only shook his head in response. “Ok, I’ll go answer it.” Then she headed back to the living room.

Without even looking through the peep hole, she opened the door right away and was greeted by the other person with a warm smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s you.”


 

A/N: Finally, I've reached Chapter 5. OMO! OMO! So anyway, I just wanna say thank  you for all the support you guys are giving:

Renren96

daisy-lee

Hannah--

2pmfan

xXmsHeartBREAKerXx

 

It really means a lot to me... and I hope you'll continue giving out your support until the end.. coz I promise a good ending *wiggles brows* hehehe

That's all ;3 look forwrad to the next update. I LOVE YA ALL <33 *waves*