Yes or No?

Even for Eternity

 

A/N: I'm so so sorry guys. It's been so long since my last update. >< Forgive me.. but anyway, here's Ch.8 now, I hope you didn't forget about this. ^^


 

“Are you serious?” Misty blinked twice and suddenly slipped her hands off from his.

“I-I’m sorry if it was too sudden for you but yes, I’m serious about it.” He replied, still looking straight in her eyes.

“It’s okay… just…” She looked at the ground before continuing, “Can you give some time to think please?”

“Nae… of course… I’m not rushing you or anything. But… we’ll still remain friends, right?”

She only slightly nodded as a response. As they continued walking, thoughts began to run through her mind once again. She was actually hesitant about the present situation because thinking about the past only made her heart hurt. She almost couldn’t think about risking committing and getting hurt for the second time.

After what seemed like hours, Junsu decided to break the awkward silence between them and asked in a soft voice, “What are you thinking about?”

“Hmm?” She was immediately distracted the moment he asked that question. “Oh… it’s nothing really. I was just… pondering about some things.” Then, gathering the courage, she asked. “Is this mainly the reason why you asked me to come with you here today?”

“To be honest, yes… and I had also been planning to ask this since before but I just didn’t have enough courage to do so.” Truth is, his father wanted him to do that way before but he was hesitant.

“I see.” Misty then started talking about different topics and asked about Junus’s friends and stuff to divert things.

After a few hours, she thought it would be best to give Hyomin a call and ask her to meet to talk about what just happened at the park.

“Do you want to go home now? I can send you back.” Junsu asked her.

“Hmm… not really… I still have to meet with Hyomin.” She said as they both stood up from the bench, ready to leave the park. “What about you?”

“Ah… well perhaps I’m going to meet up with friends later. Let me drive you there then.” He offered.

“It’s fine… I can just take a cab.” She smiled before walking off but before she could totally disappear, he called out her name making her turn around. “Yes?”

“I’ll be waiting.” He smiled and waved a little before going the other way. Misty just smiled again and nodded before continuing to walk off.

 

***

 

After putting her phone down, Hyomin returned her attention to the person she was with and made an apologetic face before speaking. “I’m sorry to tell you this but Misty just called, asking to meet up in a few minutes. That means I have to leave.” She finished with a pouty face. The other person just chuckled at the look on her face and replied, “It’s alright. There are still a lot of next times anyway.” He smiled brightly at her to reassure her that it was fine. Immediately after that, Hyomin excused herself and made her way back home to meet her best friend.

As soon as Hyomin arrived at her house, she noticed a cab that had just parked in front of her gate then she immediately realized that Misty was the passenger of that cab. She hurriedly parked her car to approach her friend.

“Misty!” She ran to her for a hug. “I didn’t expect you’ll arrive ahead of me.” Then she chuckled as she let go of the embrace. “So what did you want to talk about? You even asked to meet personally and not just talk about it over phone.” She continued talking as both of them went inside the house.

“Actually, there’s something I’m about to tell you too but maybe it isn’t the right time so I’ll just tell you next time.” She let out a soft chuckle, seeming very happy about something. “By the way, have a seat.”

As soon as both of them sat on the couch, Misty began, “Actually, today I met with Junsu…oppa. I told you about that yesterday, right? I told you he wanted to hang out.”

“…and?” Hyomin focused her whole attention while looking at her friend. “What happened?”

Taking a deep breath, Misty replied, “He asked me…” She paused for a while which left the other hanging and a bit confused.

“He asked me to be his girlfriend.”

“Jinja?” Hyomin’s voice came out a little louder, telling that she seemed really excited about what she just heard. “So, did you say ‘yes’?” She asked, full of curiosity. Misty just lowered her head as she answered, "I told him to give me some time to think about it.” Then looking back at her friend she added, “You know I can’t risk trusting again when it comes to that part, right? What if the same thing happens?”

“Mi Sun…” Hyomin began.

“Misty!” Misty argued.

“I don’t care! You listen here… Park Mi Sun.” Hyomin held her best friend’s hand before continuing, “Maybe it’s about time you learn how to trust people again. And besides, it’s a different person. Maybe you should give him a chance. Not all people are the same, right?”

“I’m just scared to get hurt again” was her reply in a soft voice.

“Maybe he wouldn’t… and to think, you’ve been friends for a long time already. Do you think he’s capable of hurting you?”

“Who knows?”

“Well then, here’s my advice… just think things through, okay? Give yourself some time and when you’re ready, then that’s the time you can face him again.”

Misty followed Hyomin’s advice and took things into consideration. After all, she has a point. This time, things might not be the same as they had been before and all she has to do is learn how to trust again.

Throughout the whole week, Junsu would try calling and sending her messages but she would ignore them, trying not to keep in touch for a while. He, on the other hand, understood the situation and knew she needed more space and time to think so he just let it be.

At the end of that week, on a rainy morning, Misty was fixing some of her things when she caught sight of her phone that was place beside her laptop on the study table. It was as if that her phone was telling her to pick it up and dial someone’s number. Few minutes have passed and she finally finished arranging stuff. She sat on the couch and grabbed her phone from the table and stared at it for a while, thinking deeply to herself, I guess I’m ready now. And with that said, she dialed a number and placed the phone on her right ear, waiting for an answer.

It didn’t take long before the call was answered, and when the person picked up, she immediately said in a soft tone…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“If you aren’t busy then let’s meet at the park today. I’ve already made a decision.”

 


A/N: So, I think I'll have to say this. From now on, pls. expect slow updates from me. Because I have three reasons for possibly delaying on each update:

1. So many things to do. I need to divide my time plus energy.

2. Writer's block may occasionally come.

3. LAZINESS. XD

I hope you'll understand though.. and pls. continue supporting me.

Thank you. ^^