Ch.3

Even for Eternity

A/N: Here's a very short update. I'm really sorry if I'll disappoint you but I'll make up for Chapter 5. ><


 

“Mwo??” He exclaimed in disbelief while looking straight into his father’s eyes.

“Didn’t you hear me?”

“What are you saying??” Junsu had raised his voice a little.

“Court her and make her fall for you. Is that difficult? I don’t think so since you can make any girl fall for you.”

“Now why are you suddenly matchmaking me with someone?”

A small smirk formed on his father’s lips. “She’s not just someone. She’s the daughter of PYJ Company’s Owner. I’m sure she’ll the best match for you.”

“That look on your face… what’s that about? And I don’t think who she is matters here. The point is what’s the reason behind this? I know you’re planning something again.”

“You’re actually smart, son. You knew there’s something more behind this. But let’s not talk about it here because people might hear us.” The old man let out a chuckle as he glanced around. He already started talking steps towards the car park but was stopped by Junsu.

“No! Let’s talk here. Whatever you have to say, say it here.”

“Alright” His father turned around and walked back to him and placed his hands on Junsu’s shoulders before continuing, “I’m doing this for power, for the company, for us. You see ---”

“See what?”

“Stop interrupting me and just listen first. Well you see, if you get her to fall in love in with you and if in the future you two can get married then their power and wealth will be showered upon us too, right? Then it will be easier for our company to arise again.”

Junsu glared at him as he spoke, “I see you still haven’t changed after all. And I thought Mr. Park is your best friend, why are you using him for own sake, then?”

“It isn’t called ‘using’, it’s being wise. Well isn’t it better than I think of myself first before of other’s sake?” He confidently said while looking at his now angered son. He let go of his shoulders after giving it a light tap. “You haven’t been of much help since you were a child anyway, so why don’t you be useful this time?” He gave him another smirk before proceeding to the car park, leaving Junsu standing there alone, who instantly recalled the unlikely memories of his childhood. Ever since he was young, he never really felt his father’s love and care. To him, all he knew that mattered to his father was money, power, wealth, and their company.

 

FLASHBACK:

“Junsu-ah, I think your dad’s home.” His mom excitedly yelled as she went down the stairs and looked out the window to confirm if it was true. Moments later, a glistening black car entered the huge gates of the mansion indicating that the man of the house is now back after some years of being out of the country.

“Nae eomma, I’m just finishing something up. I’ll follow right away to meet appa.” Little Junsu replied while he continued writing the last few words for the song that he created. There has been an ongoing contest in their school and he decided to join it, with the consent of his mother of course.

As soon as he had finished writing, he ran to the door to meet his father, who had brought along big boxes with him.

“I’m finally back! Did you guys miss me?” He asked them with a big smile plastered on his face. “Oh and by the way, those boxes that you see” he turned to his right, “I bought new furniture for this house and lots of other things too. And as for you, son” he patted his head, “I bought new clothes and toys for you.” He crouched down to meet his eye level. “So how’s school? Are you doing well? You should study hard so when you grow up, you’ll be like appa.”

His mother interrupted before he could speak, “Uhm, lately there has been a music contest in their school and our son decided to join.” Then she walked over to the coffee table in the living room to get the piece of paper with song lyrics to show it to his father. “Look! For a child, isn’t he gifted with great skill?” She smiled sweetly.

His father held the paper into his hands and looked at it for a while, before looking at Junsu, letting out a small sarcastic laugh.

“Here goes your love for music again. I told you that you should be practicing your drawing skills instead. Didn’t I tell you that when you grow up, you’ll also be an architect like appa?”

Junsu only softly replied, “But I like music.”

Hearing this, his father’s mood and expression suddenly changed then he stood back straight again. “I’m telling you, music won’t do anything. If you keep going on like that, then you would be of no help to me.” Then he slammed the paper onto the dining table before heading upstairs.

End of Flashback

 

“So” Junsu whispered to himself, “You want me to be of help to you by doing this? Why? Will you be able to accept me for who I am if I do this?” He started walking to his car which was parked just in front of the building while playing with the car keys on his hand. Suddenly, his phone rang and when he took a look at the screen, his father’s name appeared. He pressed the ‘accept’ button and hesitantly held the phone up to his ear.

“What is it?” was his plain greeting to the man on the other line.

“Think it through, okay? Think wisely. And besides, if you like her too then you’ll also benefit in this. I shall wait for your decision. You would have to tell me soon.” His father ended the call immediately after that without giving him a chance to respond. As he got in his car and started the engine, different thoughts ran through his mind. He then decided meet up with his friends to share what had just happened and to seek for some advice to help him decide. Picking up his phone, he dialed a friend’s number.

“Yobeoseyo? Are you busy right now?”

“Not at the moment. Wae?”

“Can we meet at the usual coffee shop? I just need advice on something.”

“Sure! See you in a moment.”

“Alright…” He hung up right away and tossed his phone to the passenger seat.

 

 

 

“I hope you can help me make the right decision.”