How it all started

Even for Eternity

 

It was already 10:00 in the morning, an hour past after the scheduled meeting for the Board of PYJ company and their new business partner. Every time their company is having a meeting, Misty’s father always asks her to come, as if one way of training her into the world of business. Although she has an older brother, who is more quite fit to take the steps of their father and succeed him in the company, he isn’t the type to like those things such as facing investors, dressing formally, sitting in the office for long period of hours, and other things related. Therefore, it left Misty with no other choice than to be her father’s right hand.

She just got off the cab and was really cramming, fondling around with her phone, trying to dial a number. She sure had her own car but she just decided to commute instead since she was really going late. To make things worse, there was a heavy traffic on the way.

“Aish… what would appa say this time around? I’m sure it will be an endless nagging session again.” She heaved a heavy sigh as she put the phone on her ear after dialing a number. She already entered the building and was walking rather quickly when she bumped into someone who wasn’t paying attention to where he was going. The person didn’t even bother to look at her and just bowed while asking for an apology. Misty didn’t mind much about it and just hurried her way to the elevator when she saw that it was still open as some people just got in. They weren’t able to see each other much except for noticing what they were wearing. After she was out of sight, the other person continued making his way out of the building with his head down when he realized something sparkling on the floor. He blinked once and picked the sparkling object, which happened to be a silver bracelet which had an engraving in it that says, “Misty”.

“Misty?” The guy tossed the bracelet in his hand while looking at the elevator’s direction. “This must be hers. I should return this to her but how? I don’t even know her or where I can find her.” He continued talking things to himself until he was finally out of the building. He slid the bracelet inside his jeans’ pocket and busied himself listening to some songs while waiting for his friend. A few moments later, his friend had arrived and gave him a light tap on the shoulder, causing him to look up.

“Hey Taec!” He tapped his friend’s shoulder back. “What took you so long?”

“Sorry, something just came up. Did you wait long?” The other guy said.

“Well not really. As usual, my dad… or shall I say, both our dads are up there in a meeting again. And you know I’m not into those things so yeah, I just tried to escape from it.” He chuckled lightly as they started walking away from the building.

His friend walked with him on his right. “We aren’t friends for nothing, right? I also don’t like those types of things so as usual, my little sis is the one doing it on my behalf.”

“Your little sis?” He tilted his head to Taec’s direction after hearing what he said. “Yah, now that I think about it, I’ve never met her yet. Why is that?” He placed his hand inside the pocket where he put the bracelet a while ago. Suddenly, he remembered about the girl he bumped into just earlier.

Taec tried to joke around and spoke a little louder. “I don’t know. Maybe fate doesn’t want you two to meet.” He grinned and showed his complete set of white teeth. “Why do you want to meet her so bad?”

“Well of course, I want to meet my friends’ family members.” He answered right away before changing the topic. At first, he hesitated to share it but he went on with it anyway. “By the way, while I was on the way outside the building earlier, I bumped into someone. I can tell she was hurrying because she didn’t even look at me.” Then he paused for a moment. “Wait, I didn’t even look at her so how would I know? So anyway, the thing is, she dropped a bracelet, and it had her name engraved in it. I wanted to return it but I don’t know how. Do you think she’s regular in the company? Should I just turn it over to the receptionist?”
While he was blabbering about the scene earlier, Taec was just patiently listening to him although he was a bit puzzled.

Upon the mention of a bracelet with engraving in it, Taec instantly thought it was her sister since she also has one. “Wait… did you mean just now?” He knew that Misty left late for the day and was sure that she got stuck in the traffic so it’s possible that she is the girl being referred to. Without waiting for a reply, he asked another question. “May I see the bracelet?” He held his hand out. His friend was about to pull the bracelet out of his pocket when suddenly, they were interrupted by a phone ringing.

“Yebeoseyo?” Taec’s friend answered the phone unenthusiastically.

“Yah Junsu-ah, come back here inside the building right now.” The person on the other line ordered him.

“Wae? Isn’t the meeting over yet? What do you need me for anyway?” He retorted back.

“Just come back, arasso? We need your opinion on some things.”

“Alright whatever, wait for me. Be there in a few.” He ended the call right away and tossed his phone back to his jacket’s pocket.

“Yah Taec, I’m going back inside. The old man needs me. You wanna come?”

Taec chuckled at his words. “How can you call your father an old man huh?” He lightly slapped his arm. “And no thanks, I’d rather stay here.”

“It’s true though haha. Alright then, I’m gonna be back a little later. See ya” With that said, he entered the huge sliding doors of the building again and went straight to the lift. He finally arrived on the 8th floor where the meeting was being hold and while making his way to the office, he took the bracelet out and looked at it once again. “Misty.” He kept chanting it a few more times. “Misty, Misty, Misty. What a nice name… and unique too.” He smiled at his own comments before suddenly stopping in front of a door when he realized that it’s the office with the meeting.

At first he lifted his hand, ready to knock on the door but then he pulled it back immediately. “Tch. Is there still a need to knock? As if…” He shrugged it off and automatically turned the knob and opened the door, causing all of the people inside to look at him, giving him their full attention, except for one girl on the farther end of the table who was busy analyzing some things.

“Yah, do you not know how to knock?” His father stood up and scolded him a bit.

“Well, mian. I didn’t know there was a need to.” He defended, slightly chuckling.

“What? Seriously?” His father wanted to smack his head right at the moment but controlled himself. “Alright, let’s forget about that. Come and sit here.” He bowed his head slightly, apologizing to everyone in the room for his son’s rude behavior. He pulled a chair out and commanded his son, “Sit down here” and pointed to the seat before sitting back on his own chair.

The seat where Junsu was made to sit by his father was across that one girl who didn’t pay attention despite his attention-grabbing moment. As he made himself comfortable in his seat, he immediately noticed this pretty lady in front of him and after looking at her and observing her for a few moments, all that he was able to say was “It’s her.”


A/N: Annyeong, first chapter's finally here >< Please tell me what you think about after reading this ^^ Thanks <33