Z8

Welcome to the Zoo ~ [HIATUS]

 

“Who are they?” Sam asked as we later walked past a dance studio where twelve boys seemed to be practicing a special dance. It was only us, Donghae and Eunhyuk since we’d said we’d pick up something to eat, but now we stopped and watched them. Eunhyuk hesitated.

“I think that’s the new project SM is working on,” he said, “the next ones to debut I mean…” As he said that, the trainer saw us and waved to us to enter. Eunhyuk and Donghae did, but me and Sam kept standing where we were, not sure if we were allowed to enter. Donghae made that clear though when he turned around and said it was okay. Sam smiled and took me with her in – our arms were somehow linked – and I didn’t have any idea about why we were here. I mean, shouldn’t those guys practice and shouldn’t we pick up food?

“What’s the matter hyung?” I heard Eunhyuk ask the trainer and I looked at him. The man hesitated.

“It was just because I saw you now… SM have asked for some help with the variety in these boys some day. Do you think you or some of the other members will be able to set some hours off?” he asked, “I know I should have asked your manager but now I just saw you and…” Eunhyuk smiled.

“I will love to! But yeah, you should ask my manager about when,” he chuckled, “and it can’t be now. We’re going to grab some dinner,” he said, leading everybody looking at Donghae, Sam and me.

“Who are they?” the trainer asked, looking at me and Sam.

“Relatives of Heechul hyung and Shindong hyung,” Donghae said with a smile, “Sam is a model and Heemin a graduated Julliard student and-”

“Yah, Lee Donghae!” Sam said and looked at him, “no need to blabber out about to everybody!” Donghae smiled cutely at her.

“But Saaaam~ I’m just proud to know such a gorgeous model as you,” he said, making me have to hide a laugh between my hand. Hyukjae and the trainer laughed obviously while the trainees did as me. Sam rolled her eyes.

“I think we’re using their time,” she said, then looked at the trainees, “sorry for interrupting!” she send them a smile, “good luck on your debut! I’ll look forward to it!” She bowed slightly and dragged me with her out as Donghae and Eunhyuk also said goodbye.

“You seemed uncomfortable,” she said. I send her a smile and nodded slightly.

“Thanks…”

 

We were in the middle of eating dinner one the floor in the practiceroom when Donghee randomly suggested that we played spin-the-bottle. I did think that the members would reject but surprisingly they all agreed laughing. Maybe it was because they knew each other that well. I think Sam saw my face when they all got in circle, ‘cause she leaned against me and whispered, “they always play something if they get time. Get used to it~” I nodded and sat down between her and Eunhyuk.

“Which… which rules are we playing with?” I asked. I’d played this game with more than five different rules since it changed no matter where you came, seriously.

“We usually spin the bottle first and then find the challenge,” Leeteuk explained, “and if you don’t do the challenge – which both can be things or telling a story or something – you’ll get a punishment, decided but the others especially for you,” the other members nodded and I widened my eyes. Did I even dare to play with them now? I mean, they could have some pretty freaky punishments. And pranks on each other, like spilling a bottle of water on the sleeping members and such things.

“The one who spins will decide on the challenge,” Kyuhyun told me. I nodded slowly as Eunhyuk leaned forward to spin the bottle as the first. It landed on Ryeowook and Eunhyuk smirked.

“Let’s start out easy,” he said, “go to the practiceroom on 2nd floor where SNSD will be tonight and pound your chest in ten seconds while yelling like Tarzan,” he said. Ryeowook looked at him, not surprised just more defaitst.

“But hyuuuuung… how will I ever-”

“Want the consequense instead?” Yesung laughed, “just do it Wookie~ I’ll go with you to make sure it’s done,” he smirked, the other laughed.

“Record it,” my cousin said as Ryeowook actually got up and Yesung did too. Ryeowook scowled to Eunhyuk.

“Don’t continue the game before I come back.” He said.

The next offer was Leeteuk who got told to call his mum and seriously ask if she believed in aliens and convince her that he did. Poor Mrs. Park sounded very worried about her son’s health until he in the end told her it was a dare and everybody busted into laughing.

Then it was Donghae who Leeteuk dared to read his last received out loud, hoping that it was something good. It was from his brother though saying “Congrats on your win today. Come to Mokpo soon, okay? ㅋㅋㅋ” Everybody seemed disappointed about that. Donghae spun the bottle and guess who it landed on?

That’s right.

Me.

Donghae hesitated for a second before coming up with what he wanted, “Uhm. Since we don’t know you that well yet… Why don’t you…” he looked at Eunhyuk before he looked at me, “tell us about… uhm…” Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and he looked at me.

“Tell us about one of your past relationships,” he said, “we’re curious about your type~”

“I haven’t dated,” I said. It just flew out of me, “never…” Okay.

I think they got even more surprised than if I’d dated a dosin. Even my cousin seemed dumbfounded for a moment.

“But… what about that blonde guy?” he asked, “the guy you…”

“He was- It was the worst one-sided love ever,” I said like I didn’t want to talk about it. Not that it helped. Too many curious guys in one circle.

“What happened?” Donghae asked and tilted his head. I sighed and looked down, mumbling my answer.

“I… I had a crush on him and he… he knew… for months I thought… then he…” I took a deep breath and looked up, “Scratch that. He turned out to have a rich girlfriend back in L.A. She came and visited him one day at school and found out, then ed me in front of the half Julliard. I’m over him now though,” I tried to look like it didn’t matter anymore, but it actually did. Back then I really thought we had something, though we never kissed or anything. He invited me on café a couple of times in week and we were duet-partners in a competition where we got second place. I was really hurt when she came along and it turned out pretty bad. I still had a little scar behind my ear because of one of her fake nails.

“What an idiot!”

“Like seriously?”

“How can anyone be that stupid?”

“If I ever meet him I’m going to send him to the hospital.”

Last comment from Sam. I send her a little smile and shook my head.

“It’s okay. From what I know the rich girl still trust him and he is still a douche bag who flirts with other girls. I just hope those girls is smart enough not to fall for him like I did…”

“That’s why I should send him to the hospital. So no one will doubt it,” she said scowling. I let out a chuckle.

“He’s back in L.A now. But thanks Sam,” I said, “but really. No need…”

 

On the way back in the car I was seated with Sam, Donghae, Heechul, Donghee, Eunhyuk and Yesung. And one of the managers who was driving. Donghee, Heechul, Yesung and Eunhyuk were listening to music on their phones and had closed eyes, Donghae was humming the melody they played in the radio and Sam was texting someone. Probably Junsu, they always texted on this time. I sat and half-listened to Donghae and the radio and just stared blankly in front of me, trying not to remember too much of my past with him. Even though they’d stopped asking earlier, I couldn’t help but think about everything from back then. It somehow one of my happiest times at Julliard, back when I hang out with him but then, I got hurt too much and he ruined me. If it wasn’t because of the twins, I won’t know what I’d done back then.

Just because of that idiot I didn’t even date.

I should probably write the twins soon. Tell them how things were going and all that. And hear how their lives were now. What they were doing after Julliard, if they’d found a job or a guy or something.

Yeah, I should probably do that.

“Heemin-ssi?” Donghae’s voice got me out of my own world and I turned against him.

“N-neh?” I said. He smiled curious.

“What do you plan on doing now? I mean, you’re back to live here, so… do you think of becoming an artist?” I chuckled.

“Heechul-ssi, asked me the same earlier, I said with a little smile, “but- but I don’t know yet. I’ll just follow you and the members some time more before I decide on what I want to become…”

“You sound so formal all the time Heemin,” Sam looked up from her phone with a big smile, “relax a bit.”

 

A/N: Screw no time. Friend on work, Mia on computer :D